Team-BHP > The Indian Car Scene
Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

View Poll Results: If in the market for a hatch, would you buy the Palio Stile 1.1?
Yes 12 23.53%
No 39 76.47%
Voters: 51. You may not vote on this poll

Closed Thread
  Search this Thread
Old 24th May 2007, 03:47   #16
Senior - BHPian

A individual cannot tell us that Palio should not be available in Indian market or should anyone buy it or not???
After all, an individual is just one single soul among the 1 Billion people in this Country, and if he hates Palio for some reason, he can go & buy a Car that he likes!
Let the rest 99.99 million people of this country decide & buy what they want!
And who is ACI?
A Private Auto Car Magazine publisher who will praise any Car maker who can fill their coffers to the maximum!
I don't trust any figures given by Auto Car magazines, for me the owners actual figures matter the most and you can get ample of those on this very forum!

I love Fiat for giving us World class car like Palio for 4 - 4.5 lacs, unlike the other favourite Car maker (MUL) who duped millions of India by selling tin boxes just for the sake of FE at the same price!
And I have much more things in life to do, rather than to defend a individual's statements with facts!
Old 24th May 2007, 03:51   #17
Senior - BHPian

What were the cars with which the Stile 1.1 was compared? Did U-VA and the GETZ feature in that comparo?

I am asking this because I am unable to see the magazine.
Old 24th May 2007, 03:53   #18
Senior - BHPian

I love how you have replaced my name with 'an individual'. Very imaginative, kudos to you.

I have never asked you to defend my statements with facts. It is rather hard to understand what you're saying, with your oblique references and iffy grammar.

At the risk of , I will repeat myself. I fail to see how the Palio is a 'world-class' car seeing as how it is only sold to the third-world. Unless you meant third-world-class car. The Swift, the Corsa Sail, the Getz, now those are truly world-class cars.
Old 24th May 2007, 03:54   #19
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by finneyp View Post
A individual cannot tell us that Palio should not be available in Indian market or should anyone buy it or not???
After all, an individual is just one single soul among the 1 Billion people in this Country, and if he hates Palio for some reason, he can go & buy a Car that he likes!
Let the rest 99.99 million people of this country decide & buy what they want!
And who is ACI?
A Private Auto Car Magazine publisher who will praise any Car maker who can fill their coffers to the maximum!
I don't trust any figures given by Auto Car magazines, for me the owners actual figures matter the most and you can get ample of those on this very forum!
SIgh.. If only more people on this forum thought like you we would have more discussions and few war's.

Godfather
Old 24th May 2007, 03:54   #20
BANNED

Infractions: 0/1 (10)

Finneyp, I request you to accept some constructive criticism. No one is asking you not to buy the 1.1 while we do expect some logical backing asto why would one buy while other better alternatives exist. Do let us know if we are missing out on some points.

Quote:
unlike the other favourite Car maker (MUL) who duped millions of India by selling tin boxes just for the sake of FE at the same price!
No one is denying the fact. But the trend is changing. And that is what we are happy to see.

Quote:
And I have much more things in life to do, rather than to defend a individual's statements with facts!
One among them would be singing praises on almost every thread mentioning FIAT? No offense, but when you argue do post some relevant facts.

Last edited by mclaren1885 : 24th May 2007 at 03:58.
Old 24th May 2007, 03:54   #21
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by 1100D View Post
What were the cars with which the Stile 1.1 was compared? Did U-VA and the GETZ feature in that comparo?

I am asking this because I am unable to see the magazine.
No, the comparison was for engines under 1.2 litres in displacement. Which is why the ubiquitous Swift was also absent.
Old 24th May 2007, 04:11   #22
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
A individual cannot tell us that Palio should not be available in Indian market or should anyone buy it or not???!
Who us?? people who argue without any hard core stats backing their comments???

Quote:
Let the rest 99.99 million people of this country decide & buy what they want!???!
How about asking those 99.99million(wonder how you got that, huh!!!) people to put down reasons for their purchase??Not too practical but lets start with you...

Quote:
And who is ACI?!
BCI's brother...just kidding man, its a panel not one guy!!!

Quote:
You start, other fiat owners will start one by one...

Quote:
I love Fiat for giving us World class car like Palio for 4 - 4.5 lacs, unlike the other favourite Car maker (MUL) who duped millions of India by selling tin boxes just for the sake of FE at the same price!!
MUL duped millions...well, that doesnt give Fiat enough reason to follow suit!!!

Quote:
Then you should do those things and refrain from posting on this thread!!!

Last edited by The Wolf : 24th May 2007 at 04:22.
Old 24th May 2007, 05:25   #23
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by v1p3r View Post
It was not designed only for third-world countries, which the Palio is. It's another thing that it is STILL in production, primarily because people buy it by the thousands. MUL is not a charity or a high fashion boutique. If people buy a product, they will sell, more so when the dies and manufacturing equipment have depreciated to the point where almost any sales equal profits.

First of all if a car is produced for third world countries , it does NOT MEAN THAT IT IS INFERIOR. It is adapted to cater the specific needs of that geography. Buddy I have a 2001 Palio 1.2. It has never been broken down...in the past 6 years. I have travelled across KERALA, TAMILNADU & KARNATAKA with out any issues except for tyre punctures (may be thats also due to FIAT ) . Now thats what I call reliablity & owner satisfaction. Do you get that feeling?

You said MUL is not charity..same is with FIAT, if people buy 1.1 stile, FIAT will sell..aam junta dont mind two second delay !!

Engine capacity was only reduced from 1200cc to 1100cc to take advantage of Excise duty, but FIAT also tweaked it to make sure that CITY Driving not affected.

I can see a tensed MUL, HYUNDAI because of FIAT's alliance with TATA & thats why all these posts against FIAT.

One more thing, if FIAT is so bad..why is that SWIFT from MUL having that FIAT engine on SWIFT. Its a shame.. isn't it.. with a borrowed stuff?
Old 24th May 2007, 05:44   #24
Senior - BHPian

Whats wrong with a 3rd world car. I for one dont want to scrape my underbelly and replace bent rims.

After the success of Logan and Palio (in the global sense), the latest buzzword in Auto circles is to do a car for BRIC countries. Toyota, Honda, VW and Nissan are all currently working on it.
Old 24th May 2007, 08:27   #25
Senior - BHPian

Hmm, I do think car buying is more of a subjective choice than an objective one! The Palio - in fact the whole series of Sienas, petras and palios, seem to be 40k kms cars mechanically - need work after that - but feel very solid and well built. They're not the most fuel efficient or peppy (except the 1.9D, or the 1.6) around, but an overall decent package where 'solidity' is the strongest big factor. I am not convinced by the package - but surely can see why others could be - a lot of people like 'solid' cars more than 'tinny' ones - I'm a little more convinced about crumple zones, the passenger cage etc doing their job, even on my skinny OHC.
But like I said, its a 'feel' thingy and see no reason to not see why someone else might see it differently (thats a sea of see's in one sentence - pardon the construction but I haven't even had my morning cuppa). The same goes for the 'defenders' - its not really necessary to denigrate everyone else's choice and discount their reasons to justify your own - why is FE such a bad reason to lower the weight of cars ? Being primarily city runabouts (and city traffic average speeds and limits are pretty low - read an 18kmph average for Bangalore a while ago) - MUL's "tin-cans" do a marvelous job of providing affordable transportation.
Old 24th May 2007, 08:45   #26
Senior - BHPian

Pretty simple actually..They cant compare apples with oranges and then come to a conclusion. They are comparing Palio which is arguably in the B+ segment with B segment cars like Xing and Spark !! Why not compare with the B+ segment cars like Getz Prime and U-VA.
Old 24th May 2007, 09:00   #27
Team-BHP Support

Quote:
Originally Posted by Whenasked View Post
First of all if a car is produced for third world countries , it does NOT MEAN THAT IT IS INFERIOR. It is adapted to cater the specific needs of that geography. Buddy I have a 2001 Palio 1.2. It has never been broken down...in the past 6 years. I have travelled across KERALA, TAMILNADU & KARNATAKA with out any issues except for tyre punctures (may be thats also due to FIAT ) . Now thats what I call reliablity & owner satisfaction. Do you get that feeling?
One more thing, if FIAT is so bad..why is that SWIFT from MUL having that FIAT engine on SWIFT. Its a shame.. isn't it.. with a borrowed stuff?
This thread is about Palio 1.1 Stile and how it compares with similar offerings. Nobody is putting down 1.2 or 1.6 versions. Kindly remain in context.
Old 24th May 2007, 09:08   #28
Senior - BHPian

I thought that Stile 1.1 would atleast give as good as mileage as Xing, if not better.But this review says otherwise :(

BTW, Autocar has a great affinity towards Santro Xing. It is a little biased if i may say so

Last edited by DCEite : 24th May 2007 at 09:10.
Old 24th May 2007, 09:08   #29
BANNED

Infractions: 0/1 (10)

Quote:
I can see a tensed MUL, HYUNDAI because of FIAT's alliance with TATA & thats why all these posts against FIAT.
From what I know there aren't any representatives from either of the companies stated above here who would feel the need to post against Fiat.
Quote:
why is that SWIFT from MUL having that FIAT engine on SWIFT. Its a shame.. isn't it.. with a borrowed stuff?
Would the same hold true for MUL and suzuki? Kawasaki and bajaj? hero and honda? Honda and siel? Its called joint ventures. Dont see anything wrong in that.

Most auto mags if not all are biased. Hence this thread to know the reason from prospective buyers the basis on which they choose the car. I guess we are all doing everything except this.

Last edited by mclaren1885 : 24th May 2007 at 09:10.
Old 24th May 2007, 09:21   #30
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by v1p3r View Post
Ok, this is just a representation of facts printed in ACI this month. It makes me wonder WHY anyone would buy a Fiat Palio Stile 1.1:
Dont worry too much about it, dude. Only 1700 odd people tend to disagree with you every month, compared to the lakhs that agree.

Palio 1.2 (2001) might have been a good car, but its de-generate versions - the NV and the 1.1, have only gone from bad to worse in Fiats futile quest for FE. They should either bring better engines or stick to Diesel, IMHO.
Closed Thread

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks