Team-BHP > The Indian Car Scene
Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

Search this Thread
Old 26th September 2006, 08:38   #31
Team-BHP Support

could be from the fan belt. It might disappear after a while
Old 26th September 2006, 10:37   #32
BHPian

Agree there ajmat. It should be fan belt. I do have this on my Wagon R too. I took it couple of times to service stations. They did spray some thing (lubricant?) on to the belts. After that the sound disappears for some time. It kinda resurfaces again. Let it be as it is
Old 26th September 2006, 10:38   #33
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by depaks
Dear Getz owners,
This slight squeal is audible on pressing the accelerator. It vanishes as after car gains speed. Thanks.
I faced the same problem in my new Santro Xing and even posted on this site.
The sound sometimes disappeared. I took it to the workshop once but the sound didn't come and so I had to take the car back.
Next time when the sound came, I again took it to the Hyundai workshop. It was later detected as a manufacturing defect. The workshop guys kept my car for 1 day and removed the defect.

They had to open the entire belt assembly as some part was slightly rubbing against its cover.
Old 22nd March 2007, 11:07   #34
BHPian

There is now a new (noise) problem with my Getz. The driver's seat makes loud squeaking noises, particularly when a heavier driver is driving, and when the vehicle accelerates or decelerates (i.e., there is some "pull" or "push" for the driver's seat). I have taken the vehicle thrice to a Hyundai authorized service station. They identified that there is some "play" for the driver's seat on the right hand side, and tightened the nuts and bolts. But the sound refuses to die. What could be a permanent solution to this?

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks