Team-BHP > The Indian Car Scene
Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

View Poll Results: Which C-segmenter is the best looker among the current set ?
NHC-ZX 53 13.28%
Verna 34 8.52%
Fiesta 101 25.31%
SX-4 137 34.34%
Indigo 7 1.75%
Aveo 67 16.79%
Voters: 399. You may not vote on this poll

Search this Thread
Old 1st June 2007, 20:42   #76
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by aseem View Post
Some folks also find Baleno beauty...
Wasnt that kind of proven in the poll that u started (rather rolled) not so long ago?
Old 1st June 2007, 21:28   #77
Senior - BHPian

For me its the AVEO by a country mile. But I'll take mine with body color instead of the chrome and silver finish instead of fake wood inside.
The outside, the styling does a great job of disguising the tall boy look. beautiful proportions and elegant without being flashy. Gives the look of a large luxury car. Overall a classy looker. Full marks to Italdesign.

NHC
The type 1 was clumsy looking, but the ZX is a great step forward. What helps the Honda is the world class fit-and-finish and paint quality that raises its desirability. Interior is best in class.

SX4 is also a great looker but certain angles are bad though. The front quarter glass is its achilles heel. The optional body kit and the fat rubber saves the day as do the jewel like headlights. Overall front is awesome and back is just OK and the side view sucks. When I first saw the hatch, I thought the sedan will be a disaster, but Suzuki designers have done a great job of saving the day.

Fiesta - Bland with a caiptal B. Absolutely zero emotion in their design and very typical ford (think Taurus, 500 not Mondeo). But overall v v safe and dosent offend anyone. Not the type that will go into history books. Huge disappointment because the Focus sedan is such a looker.

Verna - Hyundai should stick to copying. Their original design (type1 Santro) and this new Verna has the look of an open mouthed pig. Looks much better in its hatch avtar. (take a look at the concept WRC hatch version). The Accent has much better proportions.

Indigo - Worst of the lot. Indica is much better. Simply cannot disguise its hatchback roots. Back end is a disaster. Refresh has'nt helped the rear but front with eyelashes looks good.

Logan - Disaster from every point of view. Renault is known for their design flair but they decided that ugly=low price. They need to take a lesson from Hyundai and Tata on how to make cars that are good looking and cheap.

Petra - is this even around? Loved the Palio for its looks and for the same reason I cannot seem to accept the Petra but overall well balanced. Interior is worst of teh lot.

Last edited by Mpower : 2nd June 2007 at 01:57.
Old 1st June 2007, 21:40   #78
Senior - BHPian

Ford should offer the blacked out headlamps the 1.4 as an option for the 1.6. In my opinion the blacked out headlamps look better.
Old 1st June 2007, 23:10   #79
Senior - BHPian

For me
1. AVEO
2.Fiesta
3.Verna
4.Indigo

Quote:
Originally Posted by aseem View Post
Some folks also find Baleno beauty... so now wonder Verna can be considered a beauty too....to each his own
Now where did the Baleno come from ??

Last edited by kpzen : 1st June 2007 at 23:12.
Old 1st June 2007, 23:25   #80
BHPian

1. SX4 - plain sexy
2. Fiesta -nice angry like with great tail-lamps - give it alloys n rubber to match and this car's gona look wild
3. NHC (space age, reminds one of star wars) they did some fix n patch in the GXi wplaying with the tail lighst and headlights to make it look less funky, but that really hasnt helped matters)
4. Verna(if only it had the boot, what it has now is a small extended section at the back called a boot.)
5. Aveo (if only the tyres were'nt so puny, this would have easily been one of the best lookers. Gosh man, have you seen the small tyres, seems like a toy car side wise, just plain absurd)

Indigo is a hatch with a welded boot! its not a sedan man, c'mon
and have you seen the new tail-light cluster,yuck man
Indigo is plain ugly
Old 2nd June 2007, 01:02   #81
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by supremeBaleno View Post
Well, the Type-II is definitely an improvement over the Type-1 NHC, as far as looks go. But still, the looks are too futuristic, to use a mild word. And anyway when we keep seeing the car for years, I guess we get over the initial shock. Remember when the Santro was launched and how everyone felt on seeing a car that looked like an auto-rickshaw ?

Spot on supremoSX4 , just kidding .
Old 2nd June 2007, 01:02   #82
Senior - BHPian

wow sx4 made bhpians crazy woot 61-52(fiesta).. but the car is too tall i just went in to see today. Well balanced but its tall so fiesta wins my vote.

Fiesta is one car which i feel is totally balanced just give her rubber and alloys and its ready to move on.
Old 2nd June 2007, 05:07   #83
BHPian

agreed that SX4 is tall, but look at the 15" tyres it has got with all that wide rubber. makes up for the height and then the car looks extremely MACHO. Fiesta's got a more subdued angry look, no doubt its good looking
but SX4 for all its package and innovations(when i say innovations i mean wide rubber as standard and 15" rims)
wins the VOTE.

SX4 wins for me.
Old 2nd June 2007, 13:43   #84
Senior - BHPian

For me its the GM Aveo. The Fiesta is good too but the half bonnet look is what I dont like. The Aveo it is for me,.
Old 2nd June 2007, 23:58   #85
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by abhibh View Post
wow sx4 made bhpians crazy woot 61-52(fiesta).. but the car is too tall i just went in to see today. Well balanced but its tall so fiesta wins my vote.
Yep, i found the sx4 too tall & fat too. The rear sucks. Baleno had a better rear. it looks more like a truck with a super fat butt rather than a family car.

Quote:
Originally Posted by normally_crazy View Post
For me its the GM Aveo. The Fiesta is good too but the half bonnet look is what I dont like. The Aveo it is for me,.
The aveo looks great, but the sorry fact is that there aren't many around to create a lasting impression.
Old 3rd June 2007, 00:28   #86
Senior - BHPian

It has to be either fiesta or aveo. I voted for the fiesta just because its more understated and fresher design. I have been seeing aveo for sometime in Canada which makes it loses some points on freshness.

Sx4 certainly doesnt appeal to me at all.
Old 3rd June 2007, 01:20   #87
Senior - BHPian

Just landed in India yesterday and saw my first few SX-4s over the last two days.

It looks like it was designed by a committee. One that had a Jap, a European and and Indian in it, and was chaired by George Bush.

It looks ugly. YUK!
Old 3rd June 2007, 04:31   #88
Senior - BHPian

Verna looks amazing from the front, but the profile and the rear kill it. It has the best front of them all. Overall, the Fiesta is the tightest looking of the lot. And it handles beautifully. It's hardly what you could call a cab-forward design, though.
Old 3rd June 2007, 07:19   #89
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Steeroid View Post
Just landed in India yesterday and saw my first few SX-4s over the last two days.

It looks like it was designed by a committee. One that had a Jap, a European and and Indian in it, and was chaired by George Bush.

It looks ugly. YUK!

Time for another ad like the baleno's, i think
Old 5th June 2007, 20:05   #90
BHPian

For me it is AVEO. Next in line is NHC ZX.

I remember for Fiesta, one of the -ve mentioned by auto magazines is Stale looks. But in reality it doesn't look that bad.

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks