Team-BHP > The Indian Car Scene
Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

Closed Thread
  Search this Thread
Old 12th January 2022, 19:37   #31
BHPian

Re: December 2021 : Indian Car Sales Figures & Analysis

Honda making merry with the City (~3700) due to lack of competition. Surprising to see that it is clearly outselling even Kushaq and Taigun (~2800 each) [which are more or less in the same price bracket] despite being a relatively older product and committing the criminal offence of being a sedan

With Suzuki and Hyundai clearly focussing more on getting the SUV body style in all sizes, Ciaz and Verna are unlikely to get any major updates. Salvia should spice things up a little, I just hope they get the pricing right.

Also, Honda, you are still selling in decent numbers and have a relatively good brand value in the market. Please put in some effort in the Indian market before it is too late.
AutoConsultant is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 12th January 2022, 19:52   #32
Senior - BHPian

Just 2 units of Marazzo were sold! This is a travesty. A great vehicle just waiting to be killed any time.
amol4184 is offline   (2) Thanks
Old 12th January 2022, 20:50   #33
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by volkman10 View Post
City remained the best-selling Honda for December 2021
I'm curious, does anyone know the distribution of sales between the latest generation of the Honda City and the older car?

Honda's numbers don't look as terrible (to me) as I thought they were after reading this thread, but I think they really need to stay in the news more often, and I don't mean raffles for guessing features of the new Amaze. I mean a new launch in a hot segment, or segment-first technology like AEB which they offer on the ASEAN-market City, or a good independent crash test result for India.

It looks like production of the VW Polo hasn't stopped after all and while this is good news for most, it also unfortunately means that Volkswagen hasn't yet joined the small list of manufacturers with 100% fitment of ESC in India (Currently only Škoda and MG).

Has Datsun stopped production of the GO and GO Plus?
ron178 is offline   (2) Thanks
Old 13th January 2022, 01:47   #34
BHPian

Some interesting numbers there for Tata. Altroz outnumbered i20. Nexon outnumbered every other car in its segment (Brezza and Urban Cruiser combined). Tigor outnumbered Aura and Xcent. Safari outnumbered Alcazar.

We don't know the actual reason behind these numbers for Hyundai. But, these factors helped Tata to gain second spot and Hyundai to reach the third.
Old 13th January 2022, 10:59   #35
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by hummer View Post
However, the reason could be, since Hyundai and Suzuki are bigger global players compared to TATA, they might have diverted chips to countries with high margins for quick and larger gains, whereas TATA being primarily local, might have used all chips for India based delivery. I would love to be proven wrong.
TATA also has assembly plants [JLR] and auto parts plants in China. They talk directly to small scale chip producers and thus leveraging it.
Also maybe TATA had too much surplus chip which is being used now.
Old 13th January 2022, 15:27   #36
BHPian

Where can we find the Force Gurkha sales numbers?
Closed Thread

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks