Team-BHP > The Indian Car Scene
Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

Closed Thread
  Search this Thread
Old 22nd January 2022, 20:01   #31
BHPian

Re: 2022 Tata Tiago and Tigor CNG launched, prices start from Rs 6.09 lakh

For those concerned about the boot space of the Tiago CNG, it surely can take some amount of luggage.

Old 22nd January 2022, 20:09   #32
Senior - BHPian

Hi @Simha.k
I disagree that Government should incentivise much things. Already they are incentivising productions by doling out sops to manufacturers. It's the manufacturers who need to show intent here.
At the risk of of going off topic, VAG Group never brought this arrangement in India. Maruti, Hyundai & Tata have shown seriousness with respect to this alternative fuel. I'm sure we will have similar arrangement in future from then. Skoda was testing CNG cars but never launched it, that too despite not having diesel in portfolio. Additional numbers could have justified investment. It's clearly manufacturer to blame here as they are making money by inflating prices than increasing sales.
Old 24th January 2022, 06:27   #33

I drove the Tiago CNG recently and all I can say is this is a great package and it is here to scare MS. The first factory fitted CNG with features loaded in it. The first CNG hatchback in India which starts directly in CNG and switch over is so smooth, no lag or jerk at all. The instrument cluster and CNG button is very well integrated. You have dual fuel indicators in the MID and you have a message in it when CNG is switched ON or OFF.
In terms of performance, it is the best CNG car I have driver so far. There is good low end torque and some quick acceleration. Being a fairly heavy car and Tiago already been known as a stable car, it easily reaches 80-100 with confidence. Suspensions has been retuned to accommodate the extra 100kgs and they have done a great job. It glides over the bad patches and pot holes.

Overall I feel it has given a new dimension to the CNG cars and it will change the overall perception of CNG cars which is low cost, low power without features. Tiago and Tigor offers best features, great performance, best in class safety.

Mod Note: Our Tata Tiago CNG Review has been taken live at this link. Please continue the discussion over on the new thread. Thanks!

Last edited by Aditya : 27th January 2022 at 09:15.
Apratim_Choudhu is offline   (3) Thanks
Closed Thread

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks