Team-BHP > The Indian Car Scene
Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

Search this Thread
Old 6th July 2007, 17:25   #76
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by zucchero View Post
bought a white civic on monday.interior are awesome.its an automatic version.engine feels silky smooth.
Congratulations Boss! No information of this purchase?
Old 6th July 2007, 17:36   #77
BANNED

It's a pity that they have discontinued the Galaxy grey which looks better than the recently announced bronze pearl !

zucchero
Congrats on your new ride , do you get any discount ? which model u've gone for S or V ?

Last edited by unknown : 6th July 2007 at 17:37.
Old 6th July 2007, 20:28   #78
Senior - BHPian

[quote=unknown;491830]It's a pity that they have discontinued the Galaxy grey which looks better than the recently announced bronze pearl !
quote]

Thats not good news to me either. Personally, I felt the galaxy grey was an elegant colour brimming with effulgence both on the Civic and the City. I had been drooling over it and wanted to choose that colour when I bought a Civic for myself in future.
Old 6th July 2007, 20:38   #79
Team-BHP Support

There's hardly any difference between the Carbon bronze and the Galaxy rey. Even when parked next to each other I couldn't make out. It's just a tad lighter than galaxy grey.
Old 6th July 2007, 21:07   #80
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by vid6639 View Post
There's hardly any difference between the Carbon bronze and the Galaxy rey. Even when parked next to each other I couldn't make out. It's just a tad lighter than galaxy grey.
Is it so ? Maybe a closer and personal look might convince me.
Old 7th July 2007, 12:32   #81
Senior - BHPian

The Civic will look fabulous with a sunroof. Hope Honda's listening!

Last edited by amit : 7th July 2007 at 12:34.
Old 31st January 2008, 12:23   #82
BHPian

I took the test drive of Civic 1.8V last weekend. The Bangalore dealer is offering Rs 30000 as corporate discount for the 2008 manufactured Civic. I am planning to buy the 1.8S. Is this discount worth or can I bargain for more?
Old 31st January 2008, 14:28   #83
Senior - BHPian

Are you sure its 2008? Please double check. Last heard the discount was on 2007 models sold now. I even read a post of Insurance being paid by the dealer somewhere.

If 30K is the discount that they are giving you for a 2008 model then its pretty good. They gave me zilch a year back. Of course there's nothing wrong in bargaining for more. :-)
Old 31st January 2008, 17:04   #84
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by csentil View Post
Are you sure its 2008? Please double check. Last heard the discount was on 2007 models sold now. I even read a post of Insurance being paid by the dealer somewhere.

If 30K is the discount that they are giving you for a 2008 model then its pretty good. They gave me zilch a year back. Of course there's nothing wrong in bargaining for more. :-)

Yep I am sure, I can get 30K as discount for the 2008 model. Honestly I don't have the negotiation skills to bargain more.

I have another doubt. The 1.8S does not have a leather seat. If I upgrade it with leather seats, I am not sure if they will be able to do justice to the center armrest in the rear seats.

A couple of other points that worry me on the Civic is the low boot space. It is just 405 ltrs. Also the way the boot lid is covered inside is pathetic. I am sure that will rip away someday.
Old 31st January 2008, 23:34   #85
Senior - BHPian

Cool. then its worth it. There's a thread here on TBHP with a checklist to run through before taking delivery of your car. Make sure you read it.

If you want Leather done go to Stanley or Ovion. I got it done through Ovion and its pretty neat. They have done a pretty job on the center armrest also, including lining the armrest fold space. Get Nappa leather. Its worth it. You can either get a full leather job or leather for contact areas and pseudo leather for non contact areas.

Yup, boot is of decent size, but you can't compare it with a Skoda which has a double boot.

Is the boot lid that bad? I haven't checked that out!! Honestly I've done so many long trips last year but I haven't had any issues. Let me check.
Old 1st February 2008, 14:02   #86
BANNED

30k for 2008 model. wow. Please check whether you are eligible for this amount even if vehicle is registered in your name. For me they offered 20k, but only if vehicle is registered in my companies name, otherwise only 15k discount is available. Apart from the I got 8k discount on insurance. Nothing else.
Old 1st February 2008, 15:18   #87
RAC
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by omatunto View Post
Yep I am sure, I can get 30K as discount for the 2008 model. Honestly I don't have the negotiation skills to bargain more.

I have another doubt. The 1.8S does not have a leather seat. If I upgrade it with leather seats, I am not sure if they will be able to do justice to the center armrest in the rear seats.

A couple of other points that worry me on the Civic is the low boot space. It is just 405 ltrs. Also the way the boot lid is covered inside is pathetic. I am sure that will rip away someday.

Hi. Go for leather seat as suggested. All leather may be too expensive (depends on your budget). you can opt for a combination of genuine and art leather.
A few members from Bangalore got seats done from (i think) 'Cerali' in Banashankri (near Monotype). SHould be cheaper than Ovion or Stanley.
Old 1st February 2008, 23:02   #88

Quote:
Originally Posted by omatunto View Post
I took the test drive of Civic 1.8V last weekend. The Bangalore dealer is offering Rs 30000 as corporate discount for the 2008 manufactured Civic. I am planning to buy the 1.8S. Is this discount worth or can I bargain for more?

Hi can you tell me the name of the dealer in Bangalore, when I asked them they agreed to a maximum of 12K discount.
Old 2nd February 2008, 00:31   #89
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by csentil View Post
Get Nappa leather. Its worth it.
Napa leather is damn slippery. If you're an aggressive driver, go for the regular leather. It's cheaper and your butt won't be all over the place either when taking those high speed turns!
Old 2nd February 2008, 01:12   #90
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by vikram18 View Post
Napa leather is damn slippery. If you're an aggressive driver, go for the regular leather. It's cheaper and your butt won't be all over the place either when taking those high speed turns!

Not sure about that mate.. If one wears a seat belt I'm pretty sure the driver wouldn't be slipping on his seat and I don't think the Civic seat is that bad that one would slip and slide.

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks