Team-BHP > The Indian Car Scene
Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

Search this Thread
Old 5th April 2022, 09:34   #31
Senior - BHPian

Re: Volkswagen celebrates 12 years of the Polo in India with the "Legend Edition"

Considering the number of engines this car had, 1.5 Tsi should have been on offer at least for the final year.
giri1.8 is offline   (4) Thanks
Old 5th April 2022, 09:47   #32
Team-BHP Support

Re: Volkswagen celebrates 12 years of the Polo in India with the "Legend Edition"

What a terrible sendoff to a lovely car! The matte version was a better one in comparison.

Volkswagen celebrates 12 years of the Polo in India with the "Legend Edition"-1.jpeg

Name:  2.jpeg
Views: 487
Size:  93.5 KB

Quote:
Originally Posted by giri1.8 View Post
Considering the number of engines this car had, 1.5 Tsi should have been on offer at least for the final year.
But this variant - the 6R/6C never came with a 1.5 TSI engine anywhere globally and knowing the misers the VAG group is, cutting costs in the newer variants, they would have remotely thought of a new engine. They did their best - slap a few lousy stickers.
Gannu_1 is offline   (10) Thanks
Old 5th April 2022, 09:48   #33
Distinguished - BHPian

Instead of selling the remaining stock at a discount VW can sell this 'Special' variant at a premium in the name of Legend with some stickers and decals etc.

It's an old trick but so is the customer - match made in heaven.
Kosfactor is online now   (3) Thanks
Old 5th April 2022, 11:34   #34
BHPian

I called up two VW dealers in Bengaluru - PPS and Apple Auto enquiring about the Polo and both of them said that Polo's production has been stopped. Deliveries which happened till now were backlog orders from last year as per them.

So, definitely the Legend edition is nothing more than a sticker job. But since, there is still some demand for the Polo, this will work for VW.

Last edited by Horizon85 : 5th April 2022 at 11:35. Reason: Typo
Horizon85 is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 5th April 2022, 11:40   #35
Senior - BHPian

I have the Legend version of the car, the 1.6 Petrol.

Not because of performance, but because of rarity (this was produced for only 8 months I think, June 2011 to Feb 2022 I think, and sold very low due to the high sticker price at that time)
Attached Thumbnails
Volkswagen celebrates 12 years of the Polo in India with the "Legend Edition"-mvimg_20201017_104725.jpg  

2000rpm is offline   (14) Thanks
Old 5th April 2022, 12:02   #36
BHPian

In a way, it is a perfect way for VW to bid adieu to the Polo. Commemorating it the way it has done for over a decade. A sticker and paint job.
On a more serious note, maybe they had some 700 odd cars collecting dust in their inventory and decided to sell them off, hoping to cash in behind the "limited edition" and exclusiveness smokescreen.
On an even more serious note, it is sad to see a really good car with tons of potential being discontinued, just because VW thought they can keep on selling an outdated platform. Cannot even imagine how exciting a detailed review of an Indian Polo based on the MQB A0 platform on Team-BHP would have been like.
Ritkon is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 5th April 2022, 12:17   #37
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by umohan98 View Post
Where did they do an unveiling? Outside a shopping cum residential apartment block? They didn't even bother to hide the rain gutter piped in the photos for the "legend". Lame behaviour from the events and marketing teams at VW.
That looks like a race track somewhere, I can see a MRF board in the background somewhere
howler is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 5th April 2022, 14:17   #38

Don’t know why everyone is sour about this. Ultimately the market voted with its wallet and by the looks of it, prefers bells and whistles over build quality, handling etc. That’s why Ford, Fiat and the real VW are all out and the market belongs to Hyundai, Kia and MG. Can’t have it all at this price point. Need to look at tradeoffs
haskelerator is offline   (3) Thanks
Old 5th April 2022, 14:42   #39
Distinguished - BHPian

I guess VW did listen to me after all!!
Old 5th April 2022, 16:05   #40
BHPian

For the dozen years, more busy than the VW India employees and engineers, would be the persons at their decal supplying company!
lemedico is offline   (2) Thanks
Old 5th April 2022, 16:33   #41
Senior - BHPian

The edition may be lame but the car is still pretty much unbeatable in its segment. With the i20 N Line many have shifted opinions but the moment they get behind the driving wheel they'd miss the Polo.

I'm one of few who picked the 1.0 TSI even after I knew that 2022 would be the end of Polo production simply because nothing else came close to it.

I don't recall enjoying a highway drive as much with my Fortuner as I did with the Polo recently. Its so easy to drive and with ample power on tap the drive becomes much more enjoyable.

For a small family who's also not too tall this is like a perfect car for us. I just hope by the time I start looking out for its replacement the new-gen Polo would've reached India.
fine69 is offline   (3) Thanks
Old 5th April 2022, 18:59   #42
BHPian

This looks like just any other lame edition that pushed the Polo all these years. Heck they could've atleast launched the matte edition as the final edition. Looks like tey just wanted to clear the existing stock of the Polo and slapped on some badges to sell it off. What a disrespect to a car like the Polo.
Old 5th April 2022, 21:19   #43
BANNED

Infractions: 0/1 (7)

Today we made masala dosa for dinner. A little bit of masala-filling is left over. We have put it in an airtight container and kept in the fridge. Tomorrow morning, whatever is breakfast, we will eat some 'legend edition' masala-filling along with it.
venkyhere is offline   (8) Thanks
Old 5th April 2022, 23:11   #44
BHPian

The thing I appreciate about Polo, apart from it's build and driving manners, is the fact that it still doesn't look like a 12 year old car. In comparison, i20 2010 looks like a car from another era.
itsbaman is offline   (2) Thanks
Old 7th April 2022, 02:15   #45
BHPian

I was soo excited to get my hands on this Polo, but been trying to book one since monday monring. Called around 5 showrooms in bangalore but got the same reply, all units are sold out. My gym owner put me in touch with VW hosur, they had one last Polo GT Tsi allocated to them. Booked the car, but even the dealer is not sure if it's the regular GT or the Polo GT legend.

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks