Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

Closed Thread
  Search this Thread
Old 16th July 2022, 18:01   #121
BHPian

Re: 2022 Maruti Grand Vitara to debut on July 20 | Pre-bookings open

Quote:
Originally Posted by shashanka View Post
Well put! "since they all come across as generic cross-overs which have a common gene - large, FWD, monocoque hatch-on stilts. They are neither proper hatchbacks nor proper SUVs. Like Winston Churchill's famous remark on hearing the name of Sir Alfred Bossom!
We Indians love to call such creatures as SUV.

Pray, tell me, why so ?
ajayc123 is offline   (3) Thanks
Old 16th July 2022, 18:28   #122
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by volkman10 View Post
Differentiating from Urban Cruiser Hyryder, the Grand Vitara will get a larger Panoramic Sunroof.

Attachment 2334828

Link
I think Toyota Hyryder too gets a Panoramic Sunroof.. how can Grand Vitara have a bigger sunroof when both are getting same features?
noblebeam is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 16th July 2022, 21:30   #123
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by smilingakash View Post
Sorry to burst your bubble but Maruti will not come with AT+AWD. Do not think Maruti can make that big a departure from Toyota Hyryder in the model offerings. In Hyryder, AWD is coming with Manual Transmission +Smart Hybrid avatar. On top of that, AWD top spec is missing additional features for no reason at all!!
While thats par on course for my expectations from them, I'll wait for the official reveal - they already divulged that they would have a larger sunroof than the Hyryder - which is a structural change. I am not aware of any reason why the TC AT cannot come with the AWD.

And if they follow the Hyryder and dont offer it, I'll simply reevaluate my choices wrt the prices announced - not like I dont have choices at that segment today and I am even willing to go a segment higher or lower than the Hyryder/Vitara so I'll be okay
Old 16th July 2022, 23:07   #124
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by volkman10 View Post
Differentiating from Urban Cruiser Hyryder, the Grand Vitara will get a larger Panoramic Sunroof.

Attachment 2334828

Link
At first sight it does visually look to be larger than the Hyryder's - but on closer inspection it looks exactly the same. Its just the wide angle shot playing optical tricks - this does not appear to extend any further back than the Hydryder .

Which raises the question - isn't the Hyryder's panoramic sunroof already smaller than the Creta's in the same segment?

So I am guessing that they are talking about how wide the structure is when its open (which on the Hyryder is very large), and not the glass area.
Transmission is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 16th July 2022, 23:34   #125
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by KI07 View Post
It's actually gonna be a Suzuki version of toyota hyryder, the S-Cross will not be coming to India.
Both the Hyryder and Grand Vitara could be reworked versions of the International S-Cross or the International Vitara as all four of these cars are built on the same Suzuki Global C Platform.

The HyRyder uses the 102hp 1.5L Mild Hybrid engine from the Brezza and the 115hp 1.5L Strong Hybrid engine from the Yaris Cross Hybrid. So we'll have to see if Maruti sticks to the Brezza/Yaris Cross engines or if they do something bold and plonk in the 1.4L K14D Boosterjet for the Strong Hybrid GV from the International S-Cross that makes 140hp (127hp Petrol Engine + 13hp Electric).

As far as I'm concerned the Grand Vitara needs at least 140hp even if it's just in the Strong Hybrid version to keep up with the Creta/Seltos twins that have dominated the sales charts.
GreasyCarb55 is offline   (3) Thanks
Old 16th July 2022, 23:51   #126
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by GreasyCarb55 View Post

As far as I'm concerned the Grand Vitara needs at least 140hp even if it's just in the Strong Hybrid version to keep up with the Creta/Seltos twins that have dominated the sales charts.
I wonder how many folks do care for the higher power Creta. Dealer friends tell me about 1/3rd of sales is of the higher powered Creta 1.4L turbo variant. So 2/3rd are happy buying the lower powered one with which the Grand Vitara is in line on output. At the same time some of the 1/3rd who do care for power may also get swayed by the better fuel efficiency of Grand Vitara hybrid ?

Last edited by Aditya : 17th July 2022 at 17:47. Reason: Capital letters
Carzilla is offline   (6) Thanks Received Infraction
Old 17th July 2022, 00:41   #127
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Venkatesh View Post
Maruti Suzuki Grand Vitara Panoramic Sunroof teased.

Link
A positive compared to the Hyryder apart from the size of the sunroof is the scooped out roof liner to free up some headroom.

Quote:
Originally Posted by GreasyCarb55 View Post

Not so sure we should just look at the power figures on paper. During the launch of the Hyryder, I remember they had mentioned: "rocket acceleration" (or the equivalent). So if not for a stonking top-end, they are at least confident of strong acceleration aided by the electric motor - which is the most perceptible performance attribute anyway.

Last edited by ashwin.terminat : 17th July 2022 at 00:53.
ashwin.terminat is offline   (5) Thanks
Old 17th July 2022, 00:55   #128
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Carzilla View Post
I wonder how many folks do care for the higher power Creta. Dealer friends tell me about 1/3rd of sales is of the higher powered Creta 1.4L turbo variant. So 2/3rd are happy buying the lower powered one with which the Grand Vitara is in line on output. At the same time some of the 1/3rd who do care for power may also get swayed by the better fuel efficiency of Grand Vitara hybrid ?
How many of the remaining 2/3rd opted for the diesel instead of the lower tuned petrol engine? This is important, the rest could just care more about reliability and efficiency and especially low end grunt from a diesel crossover. Also, at the price level of the turbo petrol, the 170ps Tata harrier starts looking very attractive with its diesel engine and larger footprint. And that's not even considering the excellent 200ps petrol engine in the XUV700 mid variants around the same price and the MG hector which also gets a comparable engine to the Creta but with even more gizmos.

Last edited by Aditya : 17th July 2022 at 17:47. Reason: Quoted text edited
Old 17th July 2022, 08:41   #129
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by SanjayW View Post
Competition is forcing Maruti to provide features that I thought Maruti will never provide in it's cars.
I think that day is not far when Maruti plonks turbo petrol and fiat sourced diesel engines at least in bigger cars.
They were among the firsts to get turbo petrol (after Fords 1 L turbo petrol). They did it in the Baleno. But they were ahead of the market.
That's what the koreans catch up later and create a hype and now the public seems to be hooked on to turbos.
Maruti/ Suzuki has already tried that. There is no reason they cant do it again. All depends on the market demand.
Baleno 1L turbo was discontinued due to less demand.
harbinder_s is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 17th July 2022, 09:30   #130
BANNED

Mod Note : Please use the EDIT or QUOTE+ (multi-quote) button instead of typing one post after another on the SAME THREAD!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Carzilla View Post
I wonder how many folks do care for the higher power Creta. dealer friends tell me about 1/3rd of sales is of the higher powered Creta 1.4L turbo variant. so 2/3rd are happy buying the lower powered one with which the Grand Vitara is in line on output. at the same time some of the 1/3rd who do care for power may also get swayed by the better fuel efficiency of Grand Vitara hybrid ?
I agree in toto! - HP/torque, turbo or NA - all this seems to be of absorbing interest. What is the safety rating (G-NCAP eg) or (if the car aspires to be an SUV) whether it has AWD/4WD. Specs & jargon have assumed centre-stage, while the hardware under under the skin is relegated to the far back-ground!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Durango Dude View Post
May be the lowest end LXI with only the 1.5 in mild hybrid form would be called Grand(ma's) Vitara that would be dead through out the rev range! Maruti should come out of this rut and either revive the 1.5 turbo-diesel or get a stronger turbo petrol to keep up with the Koreans and Germans and if it wants to sell a 20 Lakh car. Wait for the TD reviews before booking, both the Hyder oops Hyryder and the Grand(ma's) Vitara.
Your words are music to the ears! I believe it is nothing but complacency and laziness on Maruti's part. They may not have heard the old adage - "Complacency and laziness are often the harbingers of commercial dubinsky!"

Last edited by Sheel : 17th July 2022 at 10:52. Reason: Mod note attached.
Old 17th July 2022, 09:55   #131
Senior - BHPian

A Maruti Vitara with AllGrip and ESP, 6 airbags should be on the enthusiasts radar. It may also retain somewhat better boot space than the strong hybrid version.
fhdowntheline is offline   (2) Thanks
Old 17th July 2022, 10:45   #132
Senior - BHPian

Maruti Suzuki Grand Vitara self-charging Intelligent Electric Hybrid technology teaser.

2022 Maruti Grand Vitara to debut on July 20 | Pre-bookings open-smartselect_20220717104419_twitter.jpg

2022 Maruti Grand Vitara to debut on July 20 | Pre-bookings open-smartselect_20220717104428_twitter.jpg

2022 Maruti Grand Vitara to debut on July 20 | Pre-bookings open-smartselect_20220717104718_twitter.jpg

Last edited by Sheel : 17th July 2022 at 13:33. Reason: You-Tube link.
Venkatesh is offline   (12) Thanks
Old 17th July 2022, 14:07   #133
BHPian

Honda City Hybrid is already launched in India and the price announcement of Toyota Hyryder and Maruti Grand Vitara is expected shortly. I have booked both Hyryder and Grand Vitara but yet to decide whether to go for Hybrid or non-Hybrid. I shall do a Cost Benefit analysis once the price is announced.

ARAI / NATRIP Lab certified Fuel economy figures are based on the old NEDC ( New European Driving Cycle). Worldwide Harmonized Light Vehicles Test Procedure (WLTP) is the new laboratory test used to measure fuel consumption and CO2 emissions. Most countries like UK have adopted the WLTP for testing of fuel economy.

WLTP tests are still conducted in a laboratory but the tests are more varied, with more realistic testing conditions. Hence, the WLTP fuel consumption figures are expected to be more closer to the actual / real world fuel consumption.

The following table displays the FE as per WLTP of the Toyota Yaris Cross, Honda HRV and Honda Jazz Hybrid that are sold in the UK. Also, for comparison purpose, the Fuel consumption of non-Hybrid Honda Jazz (2019 MY) is pitted against the Hybrid Honda Jazz to highlight the additional KMs one could get out of the Hybrid under different speed conditions.

Attachment 2335119
Attached Thumbnails
2022 Maruti Grand Vitara to debut on July 20 | Pre-bookings open-wltp-cycle.jpg  

Last edited by DImPo : 17th July 2022 at 14:18.
DImPo is offline   (13) Thanks
Old 17th July 2022, 16:46   #134
BHPian

This is so interesting. We have 3 threads with over 80 odd pages of discussion on Hyryder-Vitara duo. This shows the interest the Suzuki-Toyota combine can generate, although I will be the first to confess that most of the comments range from negative to not so positive.
Carma2017 is offline   (2) Thanks
Old 18th July 2022, 02:00   #135
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by harbinder_s View Post
They were among the firsts to get turbo petrol (after Fords 1 L turbo petrol). They did it in the Baleno. But they were ahead of the market.
That's what the koreans catch up later and create a hype and now the public seems to be hooked on to turbos.
Maruti/ Suzuki has already tried that. There is no reason they cant do it again. All depends on the market demand.
Baleno 1L turbo was discontinued due to less demand.
Rightly said, even the 1.6L diesel turbo S Cross had very less market demand. These 2 failures might have made them focus on improving fuel efficiency.
VaibhavShatna95 is offline   (2) Thanks
Closed Thread

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks