Team-BHP > The Indian Car Scene
Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

Search this Thread
Old 18th September 2022, 17:20   #16
BHPian

Re: Tata Motors launches Harrier XMS & XMAS variants with sunroof

This is more appropriate base variant one would expect from a 15 lac plus vehicle. Don't know who would stll buy XE and XM variants. If someone has tight budget, would look for other cars.

Cruise Control is only missing now. I would personally consider cruise control as more "basic" feature compared to sun roof.
Vishal.R is offline   (5) Thanks
Old 18th September 2022, 18:45   #17
BHPian

Panoramic sunroof and Good Automatic transmission are currently Aces in TAMO's OmegaARC platform. They keep on playing it at right time.

It also goes on to show, how far XZA+ has gone in terms of on road pricing, even XTA+ for that matter. XMA+ will help them retain some customers. Now, if and when 6 airbags become mandatory this deal turns even sweeter. Mind you Harrier looks one size bigger than those crossover SUV and it furthers its appeal.
Old 18th September 2022, 19:41   #18
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by r24x7 View Post
TaMo introduces a new automatic variant : XMA + Sunroof = XMAS at 18.5 Lakhs Ex-Showroom. ...
  • Panaromic Sunroof
  • Reverse Camera!
  • Support for AA and Apple Carplay!
  • 8 Speakers
  • Auto Headlamps
  • Rain Sensing wipers
  • Electrically foldable ORVMs
This is great pricing! If I am not wrong, Toyota Hyrider top variant costs 18.99 ex showroom. Harrier is from a segment above and has all the necessary features over hayrider except 'hybrid' and 6 airbags.

If I was a potential customer of hyrider, Harrier XMAS will be a serious contender for me.
nagr22 is offline   (5) Thanks
Old 18th September 2022, 23:53   #19
BHPian

Today I visited one Tata Motors dealership in Sohna Road, Gurgaon to experience the look and feel of the Tata Harrier Jet edition. The fit and finish of the display car were not good. I am attaching one photo of the front window rubber seal. Also, the top horizontal line element of the 2nd row window was damaged or not finished properly. We didn't like the way Scorpio N welded joints are finished in the rear door frame area. Today I found the finishing of Tata Harrier rear hatch frame to be inferior to Scorpio N.

I found the door lock lever is not good ergonomically. It hurts the fingers if I grab the door handle and at the same time try to unlock and open the door by other hand.

The SA informed me about this XMS variant recently launched which has an AT variant as well. And with all discounts and exchange offers it might be comparable to the equivalent competitor model. I am doing the maths now. He shared some brochure also. I found the comparisons between Harrier/ Safari with their respective competitors. Attaching those comparison pages here.

My question is: Whether the inferior fit and finish is due to the reason that it is a display or demo car and can we expect a properly finished car during delivery to the customer? Or the fit and finish are not good in Tata Motors cars?
Attached Thumbnails
Tata Motors launches Harrier XMS & XMAS variants with sunroof-img_20220918_164059803_hdr2.jpg  

Tata Motors launches Harrier XMS & XMAS variants with sunroof-img20220918wa0005.jpg  

Tata Motors launches Harrier XMS & XMAS variants with sunroof-img20220918wa0008.jpg  

Last edited by RijuC : 19th September 2022 at 00:15.
RijuC is offline   (23) Thanks
Old 19th September 2022, 09:14   #20
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by RijuC View Post
He shared some brochure also. I found the comparisons between Harrier/ Safari with their respective competitors. Attaching those comparison pages here.
Safari also revised with these new variants is news to me atleast. Thanks 👍
r24x7 is offline   (2) Thanks
Old 19th September 2022, 09:18   #21
BHPian

Quote:
Today I visited one Tata Motors dealership in Sohna Road, Gurgaon to experience the look and feel of the Tata Harrier Jet edition. The fit and finish of the display car were not good. I am attaching one photo of the front window rubber seal. Also, the top horizontal line element of the 2nd row window was damaged or not finished properly. We didn't like the way Scorpio N welded joints are finished in the rear door frame area. Today I found the finishing of Tata Harrier rear hatch frame to be inferior to Scorpio N.

My question is: Whether the inferior fit and finish is due to the reason that it is a display or demo car and can we expect a properly finished car during delivery to the customer? Or the fit and finish are not good in Tata Motors cars?
Rubber beading issue is characteristic of vehicle. Expect fit and finish issues in final delivery also. Some may get fixed, if you are able to demonstrate that other piece from same stable does not have that issue. Otherwise expect the standard reply that "it is from production line itself and you will be given DEMO of all Harriers to justify that it is not an issue but characteristic".

Having said that, there are always going to be compromises in today's seller market. You need to make decision whether pros outweighs the cons in your dream car.
negi15 is offline   (7) Thanks
Old 19th September 2022, 10:54   #22
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by r24x7 View Post
Safari also revised with these new variants is news to me atleast. Thanks ��
I had posted about Safari getting the new variants XMS & XMAS in the official Safari review thread:

https://www.team-bhp.com/forum/offic...ml#post5403111 (2021 Tata Safari Review)

I think the title of this thread should also mention Safari along with Harrier.

Last edited by Knightrider : 19th September 2022 at 11:05.
Knightrider is online now   (2) Thanks
Old 19th September 2022, 12:04   #23
Senior - BHPian

Tata is trying various tricks to sell their cars and its working for sure for them. In recent past, they have almost climbed to number 2 spot from nowhere some time back. That is tremendous achievement and kudos to Tata for that. Its a very good move to provide sunroof in lower variants as lots of people are crazy about it, so why not?

In current scenario, Tata has major advantage over Mahindra, that is you can actually get their car! Mahindra has insane waiting period for XUV700 and one can't even think of Scorpio-N as of now is the condition. Whereas Tata is delivering Harrier and Safari within a month or two, or even earlier. Tata has played it quite smartly.
aniketi is offline   (2) Thanks
Old 19th September 2022, 12:38   #24
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by aniketi View Post
Tata is trying various tricks to sell their cars and its working for sure for them.
Not sure we can call this as tricks. Rather flooding the market with variants that have in-demand features is a considerably successful strategy, given their constraints in the range-

1. No large capacity petrol in a market that is gravitating towards them
2. No hybrid available that can ease the transition to EVs in the itnerim
3. No AWD/4WD available
4. No BoF available anymore
5. Hit and miss after sales and service quality
6. Severe competitive pressures

Quote:
Originally Posted by aniketi View Post
In current scenario, Tata has major advantage over Mahindra, that is you can actually get their car!
They have surely managed their supply chain quite well, while it is really pathetic at Mahindra's side. Many i know have gone for the Harrier/Safari duo because of wait time and niggles in the new Mahindras. How much of their sales is due to availability opportunity rather than product- we will get to know only if/when Mahindra gets its act together.
achyutaghosh is offline   (4) Thanks
Old 19th September 2022, 13:10   #25
BHPian

Quote:
I found the comparisons between Harrier/ Safari with their respective competitors.
Its very funny to see the comparison parameters. Tata come on! just compete on the basis of competent product performance and not on the basis of a biased spread sheet which some new management trainee has come up with. This is not how you win customers.

This will be even more funny if the competitors put their own version of this comparison.

The biggest issues with TML is their niggles which is only aggravated by their service stations. Unless they improve on this factor, my money is not there for Tata. Knowing, Improving ASS is an uphill task where entire things are not in your controls (Staff salary, competent staff, locations, willingness to help, behaviors, capex etc.) i do not foresee buying any Tata product in near future.
UD17 is offline   (7) Thanks
Old 19th September 2022, 15:42   #26
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by UD17 View Post
Its very funny to see the comparison parameters. Tata come on! just compete on the basis of competent product performance and not on the basis of a biased spread sheet which some new management trainee has come up with. This is not how you win customers.
The comparison sheet between the Tata Safari XMAS and Mahindra Scorpio N Z8 AT is actually not correct. We all know Scorpio N does have the 3 modes of drives- ZIP, ZAP and ZOOM. Though they sound funny, these 3 modes are present there. Also, the speaker quantity is not correct.

Presenting falsified data just to lure the customers is perhaps against the TCOC of Tata group, isn't it? Harrier has got many good to great features and characteristics. Highlighting those should have been good enough.
RijuC is offline   (3) Thanks
Old 19th September 2022, 18:22   #27
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by achyutaghosh View Post
Not sure we can call this as tricks. Rather flooding the market with variants that have in-demand features is a considerably successful strategy, given their constraints in the range-

1. No large capacity petrol in a market that is gravitating towards them
2. No hybrid available that can ease the transition to EVs in the itnerim
3. No AWD/4WD available
4. No BoF available anymore
5. Hit and miss after sales and service quality
6. Severe competitive pressures

They have surely managed their supply chain quite well, while it is really pathetic at Mahindra's side. Many i know have gone for the Harrier/Safari duo because of wait time and niggles in the new Mahindras. How much of their sales is due to availability opportunity rather than product- we will get to know only if/when Mahindra gets its act together.
Some of the points are rather debatable I feel.

1. Petrol SUV -- A heavy 2-ton vehicle will give pathetic mileage and does not justify the volume game. People who bought Petrol XUV 700 might already be regretting the purchase except for those who are filthy rich or in Delhi. Many people end up buying Petrol XUV700 because the diesel one is having bigger waiting period.

2. Hybrid -- Again, there are no big hybrid cars in the market for now in that price range. You have to remember that Grand Vitara and the Toyota versions are ideally one segment below. The only one speculated to be launched is the Hybrid Innova released recently in Malaysia/Indonesia.

3. AWD -- Very Valid Concern. Kind of silly for TATA to be adamant on that when even Maruti is coming up with the same.

4. No BoF -- You want BoF Harrier/Safari now? Why? are there any cars which are present in two different architectures in India?

5. Sales and Service -- This is hardly the thread to speak about that. This is about a new edition launch.

6. Competition -- Well, they are selling close to 5K cars per month. Can you imagine TATA selling 5K 20L cars? Its definitely clicking with many despite the shortcomings. the chip shortage is here to stay for another year. If they can capitalize on that, then I would says its very smart and cheeky.
Old 19th September 2022, 20:55   #28
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by RaghuVis View Post
Some of the points are rather debatable I feel.

1. Petrol SUV -- A heavy 2-ton vehicle will give pathetic mileage and does not justify the volume game. People who bought Petrol XUV 700 might already be regretting the purchase except for those who are filthy rich or in Delhi. Many people end up buying Petrol XUV700 because the diesel one is having bigger waiting period.

2. Hybrid -- Again, there are no big hybrid cars in the market for now in that price range. You have to remember that Grand Vitara and the Toyota versions are ideally one segment below. The only one speculated to be launched is the Hybrid Innova released recently in Malaysia/Indonesia.

4. No BoF -- You want BoF Harrier/Safari now? Why? are there any cars which are present in two different architectures in India?

5. Sales and Service -- This is hardly the thread to speak about that. This is about a new edition launch.

6. Competition -- Well, they are selling close to 5K cars per month. Can you imagine TATA selling 5K 20L cars? Its definitely clicking with many despite the shortcomings. the chip shortage is here to stay for another year. If they can capitalize on that, then I would says its very smart and cheeky.
Raghu, read my comments from the perspectives of whitespaces/market opportunities for Tata, not necessarily versions of Safari/Harrier, or what the market is already doing (such as the Grand Vitara example you mentioned). The used car market is not exactly flooded with pereol XUV700s right now

Thanks
Old 20th September 2022, 16:33   #29
BHPian

I remember booking an XZ variant in the start of 2021 for 17.6 lakhs in Pune. It's crazy how the prices have shot up in just 1.5 years.
Bluengel180 is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 20th November 2022, 19:39   #30
GST
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by anilntny View Post
I was considering buying a nexon ev, but after dealing with two TATA dealerships, I feel dejected. Very unpolite and callous attitude by the sales team. One was better that the other, still not comparable to other brands.
I have been facing the same misinformed- very young- sales advisor. He is very polite, but he neither is in control of any decisions nor does he seem to know the right responses to basic queries. For instance, insisting on dealer insurance (close to 1.2 L for XMAS variant, but outside it is in the range of 60K); saying that for exchange bonus I need to sell the car to the dealer itself (they are offering a pittance for my car).

I am thinking of making an online booking and going to the dealer at the very last minute just for delivery whenever it happens. A friend of mine bought his car this way last year without hassles. He did not get any discounts, nor did he wish to avail any, but I will be thankful for the information on whether people who have bought Tata (or other make's) cars via online booking have been offered exchange bonus, clearly mentioned discounts, and did not have to do haggling with the dealer about outside insurance? I think 1.2L is quite steep for this dealer quoted insurance: if insurance in 70K is offered, I can take from them otherwise it becomes blatant loot.

Thanks.

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks