Team-BHP > The Indian Car Scene

Search this Thread
Old 17th March 2006, 11:50   #31
BHPian

my uncle lives in bareilly and roads are not good there may be thats why he has got problem with the FE...
but anyways i live in ghaziabad and i am bit confused over buying city zx gxi, fiesta or optra.. i dont have much information abt variants available for fiesta and optra..please help me out...
ghaziabad has chevrolet and honda dealer but no ford dealer...
and should i buy the car in this month or in next month???
Old 17th March 2006, 21:54   #32
BHPian

i suggest you go take a test drive of all the three cars ... and state your priorities in terms of what you expect.

fiesta 1.6 sxi VS city zx gxi..sxi w/out ABS is slightly cheaper...with ABS...pretty much the same price... honda gives you more space ... fiesta gives much better performance ... i assume from your earlier posts that overall cost of running of the car is also a matter of concern for you.
you should seriously consider the fiesta 1.4 TDCi in that case . it will parallel the performance and mileage of the CITY in the city. so big savings on deisel.

IMHO , city is overpriced for what it offers.
i suggest if you are planning to buy a car next month , do check out the chevy aveo.
Old 17th March 2006, 21:59   #33
BHPian

and don't be fooled by the mileage figures of the city ... it is in the power range of the 'fiesta 1.4' ... maybe 1kpl more than fiesta 1.4
Old 17th March 2006, 22:15   #34
BHPian

but chevy aveo is a small segment car na?? please correct me if i am wrong..
Old 18th March 2006, 13:41   #35
BHPian

ankit there are 2 models of the aveo
the aveo U-VA , a hatchback which will be competing with the likes of palio1.2/swift/getz

and the aveo sedan ... which infact is slighty bigger than the fiesta(boot space is sacrificed however) ... it is closer to the dimensions of the city than the fiesta

the aveo LT (with airbags,ABD/EBD) is priced at 7.35lac (ex-showroom, delhi)
so wait for a few reviews and details about mileage etc of the aveo if you can.

might just as well give the fiesta a run for its money
and IMHO , if this car is good ... i would not even consider the city gxi

you asked about the optra ... the 1.6 is very good value for money ... its bigger and naturally heavier ... so like the city...its not an enthusiasts car
Old 18th March 2006, 13:49   #36
BHPian

if space and luxury is your priority ... go for optra
if mileage is a BIG concern ... i would say fiesta TDCi
go for the fiesta 1.6 sxi(wait for the aveo LT as well) if you want a performance oriented car with good interiors,and decent space
Old 18th March 2006, 13:56   #37
BHPian

should i wait for aveo??
Old 18th March 2006, 13:58   #38
BHPian

actually, my father dont have trust on optra may be because its a new company in india or may be some other reason.. i also like optra new edition
Old 18th March 2006, 14:01   #39
BHPian

Chevy Aveo LT
From support team: Do not go out of thread's topic. AVEO has an other thread.

Last edited by Rudra Sen : 18th March 2006 at 21:45.
Old 18th March 2006, 21:22   #40
BHPian

judging by the specs ... the aveo seems to be a very nice package

wait a week or two if you can ... im sure there will be alot of info availabe , courtesy , team-BHpians .
Old 18th March 2006, 21:27   #41
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by ankit.agl
actually, my father dont have trust on optra may be because its a new company in india or may be some other reason.. i also like optra new edition

does that mean you're not gonna consider GM ??? that would make you're choice rather simple ... fiesta over city

well optra is a nice car ... have an optra 1.8 LS,which is used by my dad ... beautiful package ... not a performance-oriented car ... but none the less ... the engine does its job ... the optra 1.6 engine is almost as powerful as the 1.8 ... more refined ... the VGIS will give you decent mileage ... and angain ... not great performance ... but itll do the job well

do consider GM
Old 18th March 2006, 21:52   #42
Team-BHP Support

Quote:
Originally Posted by Fiero
the optra 1.6 engine is almost as powerful as the 1.8 ... more refined
I would like to know what makes you think/feel that?

I've tried 1.6 engine..hence the question.
Old 18th March 2006, 22:20   #43
BHPian

the loads of torque makes it easy to stick it in 3rd or 4th in the city

the engine seems to loose all its 'silence' as early as 2500 rpm
it seems to beg for a change around that time ... reluctant to be revved hard ...

the engine seems strained between 2500-3500rpm ... i HATE the crass sound of the engine between these revvs ...really lacks refinement ... beyond that it revvs more freely.
the grunt of the car is not something i enjoy ... like the ikon 1.6 i usually drive

Last edited by Fiero : 18th March 2006 at 22:30.
Old 18th March 2006, 22:28   #44
BHPian

i guess 'almost as powerful' isn't exaclty the right thing to say ... afterall there is an 11hp and 10nm difference on the same car ... but the 1.6 definately seems more refined than the 1.8 ... and equally driveable in the city.
Old 6th July 2006, 18:34   #45

Hi,

I need some advice from you experts. I will be soon going to buy my FIRST CAR, well I am getting a good deal for Optra 1.8 LT 2003 model, I am too concerned about the FE of the 1.8 litre engine, especially the older 2003 model. Can anybody please tell me what FE can i expect?

Well I also want to know when was the Optra 1.6 was launched? And was it launched with VGIS or was VGIS added later? How much difference can i get in FE with 1.6 vs 1.8?

The 1.6 royale edition is not easy to find in the market, I love the features of the LT version. If anybody can help me find one in mumbai, It would be grateful.

Well I have always admired the chevy for the VFM, my heart says go for the OHC VTEC, amazing power and FE. My mind says go for the VFM optra. I am really confused.. please help..

Well I am a young salaried software professional, and FE will matter to me. Also this car would be used as family car with a chauffeur for my parents
So please consider this and help me decide

Most Viewed