Team-BHP > The Indian Car Scene
Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

Search this Thread
Old 12th June 2004, 00:53   #31
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by [b
Quote[/b] (GTO @ June 11 2004,16:22)]Aadix,

I doubt most Vtec owners have bought it to prove a point.
i didnt quite get this

i once again would like to clarfiy that have nothing agaisnt a vtec, infact would like one in a mean black colour!

i just said sfxi, coz i like a showoff car ather than an all out racer

and once again saying, what i just wanted to point out is
that people shouldnt race on roads... thats all

awaiting ur reply!
Old 12th June 2004, 00:58   #32
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by [b
Quote[/b] (GTO @ June 11 2004,16:22)]Contrary to what people think, a Vtec is not only about racing. Its a very practical day-to-day car...extremely enjoyable to drive in the non-Vtec band also (though incomparable to 5000+ rpm)
hey gto
dont mind, could u clarify on this thing
in city driving, does the vtec feel a little jerky???

one of my friends who has a vtec was telling this
Old 12th June 2004, 01:10   #33
GTO
Team-BHP Support

Ha, I think we are talking on different waves on the first topic so will leave it at that.

But on the second question, all the Vtecs sold in India before August 2002 had a little issue with running on local fuels. They feel a little jerky at low rpms (especially in traffic conditions), and there is a load of knocking at high rpms. This problem reduces considerably with using higher octane fuel.

But based on customer responses, Honda remapped the ECM and every Vtec sold after that month of 2002 does not have this problem at all. Couple of Team-BHPians who have driven my Vtec were surprised to see a total absence of jerking and knocking.

GTO
Old 12th June 2004, 01:14   #34
Senior - BHPian

okkkk!

glad to know the confusions ended!

ps:gto u like to go kart?
Old 12th June 2004, 01:18   #35
GTO
Team-BHP Support

Quote:
Originally Posted by [b
Quote[/b] ]ps:gto u like to go kart?
Honestly not as much as I like racing in a regular saloon. And before you all starting flaming me...its just a matter of personal choice.

I havent go-karted in like the last gazillion years except for a single digit number of laps at my cousins track in Chembur, Bombay.

GTO
Old 12th June 2004, 01:52   #36
Senior - BHPian

For Karting u need the right sized helmet...otherwise...(from my experience) things go haywire a large sized helmet keeps jumping up and down making u partial blind!
Old 12th June 2004, 02:08   #37
Senior - BHPian

For go karting you need to be small and light. The last time i tried that, i had kids half my age going circles around me.

I could catch up with them on the turns but on the straights.........no chance at all.

And yeah aadix, my Vtec which is a 2001 model does jerk and knock when on 87 oct, but on 93, it flies like no other. The performance difference is amazing.

Regards....
Shan2nu
Old 12th June 2004, 03:07   #38
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by [b
Quote[/b] ]For go karting you need to be small and light. The last time i tried that, i had kids half my age going circles around me.
I could catch up with them on the turns but on the straights.........no chance at all.
Lol Shan2nu. Been thro the same thing. Such tiny kids are into go karts, you begin to look like a doddering old man in front of some of them.

Though weight does effect the top end speed, the skill and practice required to be competitive in a go kart decides where your position on the grid will be. Some chaps I know, spend couple of thousands on practice alone every time a championship like JK's is announced. Straights do not offer any sort of consolation when it comes to beating the track record in a go kart. Corners are all that count. Taken a corner wrong, and expect some huge seconds to be added to your final time. The trick in a corner is to go in slow, and come out fast. If you are in Bombay again, try the hakone go kart track in powai. Its one of the best tracks in India. Very technical. If you can master it, chances are you can race on any track in India and win too.
And like Shravan say, get your own bag!..errr helmet.

Old 12th June 2004, 03:16   #39
GTO
Team-BHP Support

True Need4speed, I remember Mika Hakkinen saying once...."any idiot can go fast on the straights or around fast corners. Its around the slow corners that you can really make up some good time"

GTO
Old 12th June 2004, 03:18   #40
BHPian

I would definately go for the beat up old car that can kick a**.
Old 12th June 2004, 03:18   #41
BHPian

Maybe a toyota supra would be of my type...a FAST N fURIOUS type....snazzy copper coloured car with graphics n ooommmmppphhhhhh...
Old 12th June 2004, 22:28   #42
Team-BHP Support

I'll go for the car that's beaten up but faster. What the hell, if I want I can always get it to look good with a little bit of tinwork and painting.
Old 13th March 2006, 17:49   #43
BHPian

option 1 anyday. My car can kick ass.
Some guys keep big over large wheels on their cars......but are afraid to drive fast cause they don't want to spoil their costly rims.
My car just zooms by.......... Hahahahaha.

Read my signature and you'll understand why......
Old 13th March 2006, 18:19   #44
Senior - BHPian

I'm in for the fast car.

This track day, there was a Mitsz FTO with an Autobox and NOS and was getting beaten to hell by wolf's VTEC!
Old 13th March 2006, 18:23   #45
Senior - BHPian

I would always prefer a fast car rather then a Showoff one. A Vtec would be better to buy then a Lancer not only cause its faster butttttttttt its Honda, better FE, more refined, and its looks better. The earlier Lancers came with non clear lens headlamps.

My type of car would be a F40. Not so much go as the Enzo but it goes like crazy. 0 - 100 - 3.2SEcs need i say more?

No wonder there are many on this forum who fall into the first category. They prefer the Baleno.

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks