Team-BHP > The Indian Car Scene
Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

Search this Thread
Old 11th January 2023, 17:27   #1
Team-BHP Support

Kia KA4 (4th-gen Carnival) @ Auto Expo 2023

Big shoutout to Chetan_Rao for shooting these pictures & his coverage of the Auto Expo. Thanks for sharing, man!

Kia has finally unveiled the next-generation Carnival. It shares the 3rd generation "N3" platform with the latest Hyundai Tucson and is available in 3-row or 4-row seating configurations and can accommodate up to 11 passengers internationally. What configurations will be brought to India? Only time will tell. Internationally, the Carnival is powered by 3 engine options. These include a 3.5-litre GDi V6 petrol, a 3.5-litre MPi V6 petrol, and a 2.2-litre diesel engine. An 8-speed automatic transmission is offered as standard across all variants. The 2.2-litre diesel engine will most likely be powering the Carnival in India. Talking about features, you have ADAS features, including Remote Smart Parking Assist, Lane Following Assist, Forward Collision-Avoidance Assist (FCA), and Blind-Spot Avoidance Assist (BCA). Then you have a dual sunroof, 12.3" touchscreen, wireless charging, and multi-Bluetooth connectivity. Kia will likely launch this KA4 (4th-gen Carnival) later this year, so let's take a look.

Up front, you have Kia's signature "tiger nose" grille that's integrated with the headlamps on each side. For an MPV, the Carnival does have some aggressive hood lines:
Kia KA4 (4th-gen Carnival) @ Auto Expo 2023-kiacarnivalnextgen-1.jpg

It's obvious that this new Carnival is larger in dimensions than the outgoing car. Also, no sloping roofline. You have a flat roof so that the headroom isn't compromised across the cabin:
Kia KA4 (4th-gen Carnival) @ Auto Expo 2023-kiacarnivalnextgen-2.jpg

A very simple and straightforward-looking rear. Tail lamps are connected by an LED strip with the Kia logo in the middle. The rear wiper is neatly tucked away in the spoiler:
Kia KA4 (4th-gen Carnival) @ Auto Expo 2023-kiacarnivalnextgen-3.jpg

Interesting headlamp design. You have a dual pod setup with one projector on the edge and another pod that's integrated into the grille! The pods are split by an LED DRL strip that also doubles up as a turn indicator. Down below you have dual projector fog lamps:
Kia KA4 (4th-gen Carnival) @ Auto Expo 2023-kiacarnivalnextgen-4.jpg

A closer look at the 'tiger nose' grille and the air dam at the bottom. The radar sensor is placed in the middle of the air dam and you also get a faux skid plate:
Kia KA4 (4th-gen Carnival) @ Auto Expo 2023-kiacarnivalnextgen-5.jpg

ADAS camera sits on top of the windshield:
Kia KA4 (4th-gen Carnival) @ Auto Expo 2023-kiacarnivalnextgen-6.jpg

5-spoke 19-inch alloy wheels have a nice design. They're shod with 235/55 section tyres:
Kia KA4 (4th-gen Carnival) @ Auto Expo 2023-kiacarnivalnextgen-7.jpg

Cameras on the ORVMs for the 360-degree view system. For a car this size, this feature should be very useful:
Kia KA4 (4th-gen Carnival) @ Auto Expo 2023-kiacarnivalnextgen-8.jpg

True to being a van, the Carnival gets sliding doors. Note that all 4 doors get request sensors:
Kia KA4 (4th-gen Carnival) @ Auto Expo 2023-kiacarnivalnextgen-9.jpg

Interesting cube design on the quarter pillar:
Kia KA4 (4th-gen Carnival) @ Auto Expo 2023-kiacarnivalnextgen-10.jpg

The glass area for the 3rd row of passengers seems good. The car was locked, so we couldn't take a look inside:
Kia KA4 (4th-gen Carnival) @ Auto Expo 2023-kiacarnivalnextgen-11.jpg

Instead of a massive panoramic sunroof, the Carnival gets split sunroofs. One for the front passengers and one for the middle row:
Kia KA4 (4th-gen Carnival) @ Auto Expo 2023-kiacarnivalnextgen-12.jpg

In a sea of LEDs on this premium car, you have halogen number plate bulbs! Even the Citroen C3 gets LED bulbs here:
Kia KA4 (4th-gen Carnival) @ Auto Expo 2023-kiacarnivalnextgen-13.jpg

Last edited by Omkar : 11th January 2023 at 17:39.
Omkar is offline   (31) Thanks
Old 11th January 2023, 17:43   #2
Team-BHP Support

Re: Kia KA4 (4th-gen Carnival) @ Auto Expo 2023

Thread moved out from the Assembly Line. Thanks for sharing!
Aditya is online now   (2) Thanks
Old 11th January 2023, 18:16   #3
Distinguished - BHPian

Why are they hiding the interiors?
None of the media pages have the interiors showcased either.

The fact that they have super dark tints and black seats(Won't be the obvious choice for India), it seems that they do not want to reveal the interior specs yet or perhaps not decided on the final trims etc.

I have a hunch they will continue to sell the old Carnival alongside this one, much like Toyota is doing with the Innova and Innova Hycross. Hence the name KA4 is being added on to this model.
Sahil is offline   (3) Thanks
Old 11th January 2023, 18:24   #4
BHPian

If they empower this baby with AWD/4x4, it'll make the greatest camping vehicle in India on sale!!!
bordeaux is offline   (4) Thanks
Old 11th January 2023, 21:24   #5
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Omkar View Post
Kia has finally unveiled the next-generation Carnival. Kia will likely launch this KA4 (4th-gen Carnival) later this year, so let's take a look.
Are they going to call this thing KA4? I mean really?

If I buy one and the neighbor asks me what car is that I have to say KAFOUR?

I'm looking for the vomit emoji, but can't find it in the box here.

🤮
inwester is offline   (2) Thanks
Old 12th January 2023, 09:59   #6
BHPian

I hope they don't sell this alongside the existing Carnival. They should ideally replace the existing one with this AND price it competitively against the Innova Hycross. It's arguably one of the best looking MPVs out there and a truly spacious and luxurious 3 row people mover with incredible boot space.
SedateMotorhead is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 12th January 2023, 11:51   #7
BHPian

This vehicle is absolutely massive. I'm sure the interior will be a very comfortable place to be.

Urban maneuverability however, is going to be very difficult. Maybe hire a retired truck/bus driver as your chauffeur.
kadanaJ is offline   (4) Thanks
Old 12th January 2023, 18:32   #8
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by kadanaJ View Post
This vehicle is absolutely massive. I'm sure the interior will be a very comfortable place to be.

Urban maneuverability however, is going to be very difficult. Maybe hire a retired truck/bus driver as your chauffeur.

It's shorter than the mercedes GLS or bmw X7 which is about the same clientele as this one.
Cresterk is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 12th January 2023, 18:44   #9
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by kadanaJ View Post

It's actually pretty petite. That sliding door makes it look like an endless vehicle. Hilux/V Cross are all much longer than this.
bordeaux is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 12th January 2023, 19:27   #10
Team-BHP Support

My only key wish from this product is that sooner rather than later it be offered with a petrol strong hybrid. Diesel days are numbered at best and petrols are just Uber guzzlers for this format. To that end, Toyota is taking all the right steps with its recent “Hy”-launches.

A proper strong petrol hybrid will really make this a reasonably future proof product.
Axe77 is online now   (4) Thanks
Old 23rd January 2023, 02:21   #11
BHPian

Is there any update regarding when the bookings will open/expected deliveries?
Old 5th February 2023, 03:04   #12

Did anyone hear about the launch of KA4? The dealer I am in conversations with is telling me that they are going to come in August in a petrol hybrid variant with price hike around 10-15lakhs

@morphin1, any updates from your dealer in Delhi?
Old 6th February 2023, 08:48   #13
Distinguished - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Arm1316 View Post
Did anyone hear about the launch of KA4? The dealer I am in conversations with is telling me that they are going to come in August in a petrol hybrid variant with price hike around 10-15lakhs

@morphin1, any updates from your dealer in Delhi?
I hope this is true as we are sure to get the facelift there

Check this thread- https://www.team-bhp.com/forum/inter...owertrain.html (Kia Carnival facelift spied testing; Could feature a hybrid powertrain)
Old 4th March 2023, 11:57   #14
Distinguished - BHPian

This thread had been silent for a while and this seems to be a good time to revive it, all the antics Toyota is pulling with the HyCross.

Between the iffy interior quality, no E20 compliance, insane waiting periods and rampant malpractices by the dealers, along with an onroad price tag already close to 40L, Toyota is actively trying to piss off its customers. The new Carnival can come across as a very viable alternative as long as Kia does not go crazy with the prices. The inherent premium of the HyCross, along with the extra GST on hybrids means there is ample headroom for the marketing teams at Kia to play along.

A base model of the new Carnival priced around the Innova HyCross top end will set the cat amongst the pigeons and pull a lot of customers who are fed up with Toyota’s high handedness and are unimpressed by the cabin.
Shreyans_Jain is online now   (2) Thanks
Old 5th March 2023, 19:41   #15
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Shreyans_Jain View Post
This thread had been silent for a while and this seems to be a good time to revive it, all the antics Toyota is pulling with the HyCross.

Between the iffy interior quality, no E20 compliance, insane waiting periods and rampant malpractices by the dealers, along with an onroad price tag already close to 40L, Toyota is actively trying to piss off its customers. The new Carnival can come across as a very viable alternative as long as Kia does not go crazy with the prices. The inherent premium of the HyCross, along with the extra GST on hybrids means there is ample headroom for the marketing teams at Kia to play along.

A base model of the new Carnival priced around the Innova HyCross top end will set the cat amongst the pigeons and pull a lot of customers who are fed up with Toyota’s high handedness and are unimpressed by the cabin.
I’m in the same boat as you. Booked the Hycross on opening day, but each passing day my patience grows thin and I would book the new Carnival in a heartbeat over the hycross. Is there any official update from Kia about when they plan to launch the Carnival?

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks