Team-BHP > The Indian Car Scene
Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

Closed Thread
  Search this Thread
Old 11th July 2007, 03:36   #16
Senior - BHPian

On a hot summer night, you can't even drive with the windows down, its the humidity and pollution that gets you. But maybe out on the countryside its worth it letting the nature in!
Old 11th July 2007, 10:11   #17
BHPian

thanks a lot

Quote:
Originally Posted by 1100D View Post
OT but couldn't help it, should we call a Sunroof a Sunroof in India? Cos we would hardly open it when the Sun's blazing down upon the car. Maybe Moonroof or Rain Roof would be a better word.
Ford does call it the sun/moon roof. So that solves your concern .

Thanks a lot to all of you guys because i made my choice only after reading a lot of threads posted here.

I will surely post the pics the day I get my baby home.
Old 11th July 2007, 10:15   #18
BHPian

will insulation be affected?

Quote:
Originally Posted by iraghava View Post
Congrats on the new car Chitty! However, make sure that you have written warranty for the sunroof installation from the dealer since in your weather there have been a few problems with leaking sunroofs. This is just a precaution to a trouble-free future with the car.

Enjoy!!
They have informed me that since it is company fitted it will be part of the warranty. I suppose I should still reconfirm and take it in writing.

Also i would like to know if the sunroof would effect the insulation of the car?

What about my A/C cooling? will that be compromised too much? These may be silly question but then i got nobody else i can ask these querries.
Old 11th July 2007, 10:31   #19
BHPian

27K for sunroof

Quote:
Originally Posted by hellspawn View Post
hey congrats....havent seen a fiesta with a sunroof as yet.how much does the optional sunroof cost if you get it from the dealer??
The optional sun roof costs me 27 K. I dont know if its too much but i felt 27K is a decent amount for something that makes my car stand out a bit.
I would rather go for it than a silly spoiler and some odd mod jobs that is so often seen on the road.

I am not sure if the sunroof was always available or that it is something new because of the limited edition they have on offer.
Old 11th July 2007, 10:46   #20
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by chittybang View Post
I know it may trouble me when i go for resale but then u got to drive what you love not what you intend to sell some years down the lane.
Hey, Congrats on your decision, I like your attitude - that's the way to go! Not sure about Navi Mumbai prices so excuse the silly question - which model is this, the 1.6 ZXI or SXI or the 1.4 TDCi?
Old 11th July 2007, 11:00   #21
BHPian

congrats on your new car a very good decision u will really enjoy driving it atleast thats my personal experience and as for the a.s.s dont worry too much about it its not that bad,maintain a good rapport with the service eng.. it really helps
Old 11th July 2007, 11:07   #22
Team-BHP Support

Quote:
Also i would like to know if the sunroof would effect the insulation of the car?

What about my A/C cooling? will that be compromised too much? These may be silly question but then i got nobody else i can ask these querries.
No problem with insulation and cooling.
Old 11th July 2007, 11:23   #23
BHPian

Quote:

I also went for the maintance plan.

Hope the A. S. S is equally good if not better. fingers crossed.
Nice colour - Papprika Red.

What do they cover on maintanance plan? and what are the charges?
Can this plan be used in other service centres as well?

A.S.S - also please read other threads related to Ford Feista.
Old 11th July 2007, 12:00   #24
BHPian

hey6 congrats , thats a great deal..enjoy your new ride..
Old 11th July 2007, 13:09   #25
Senior - BHPian

Congrats Chitty, what a way to go!! Paprika Red with sunroof !! Man, I envy you.
I too have a sxi 1.6 of the same colour. There was no sun-roof option in March.
Suman, there is no 1.6 zxi version since March---zxi is only available in 1.4 version since March in the petrol version.
Going by the price, it must be a 1.6 sxi.
Please post a pic asap, Chitty.
Old 11th July 2007, 14:29   #26
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by vnabhi View Post
There was no sun-roof option in March.
The sunroof has been available as an acccessory for over a year now - costs have come down though, I remember being quoted around 40-45k when it was launched.
Quote:
Originally Posted by vnabhi View Post
Suman, there is no 1.6 zxi version since March---zxi is only available in 1.4 version since March in the petrol version.
Going by the price, it must be a 1.6 sxi.
So there's only a SXI version for the 1.6 now? Strange strategy I must say or maybe they've wisened up to the fact that people were buying more ZXIs & adding on the accessories!
Old 11th July 2007, 15:49   #27
Distinguished - BHPian

sunroof rocks!! it is an absolute delight to have.. it lets in more light and makes the interiors look huge and cheerful.. and when people get into your car first time.. first thing they will be impressed with is.. sunroof :-)

but don't plan on having any fun with it. u will keep it closed 99% of the time.. in cities it lets in noise and pollution.. on highways u cant go at high speeds with sunroof open!
Old 11th July 2007, 18:24   #28
BHPian

thank you

There are times when i am on the highway on a long drive and I am not very keen on reaching my destination but more interested in the journey and thats when I intend to use the sunroof.

Mine is the 1.4 TDCi. I wanted to feel the Common rail experience.

Is leakage and issue with sunroof? I am informed that it will be a Webasto fit. I checked out their site and they seem to know what they are doing. My only concern is weather i may have a leak 2- 3 yrs down the lane?

I am informed that the maintainence plan includes all services during the 3 years. includes oil change, any part change, labour charges etc excluding the tyres and accident ( including scratches). Thats a decent offer. So as long as I drive safe and stay lucky ( luck is important in mumbai). I would cover most of my needs with this plan itself.

Did i miss out on anything? Guys your replies have helped me comfort my dad that the deal was decent. That was a big help. Thanks a ton.
Old 11th July 2007, 20:00   #29
Senior - BHPian

chittybang, congrats on your Fiesta 1.4 TDCi. It is just the perfect car for those long drives with your sunroof open. (not in mumbai though!) Have fun with it.
Old 12th July 2007, 11:36   #30
Team-BHP Support

Quote:
I would rather go for it than a silly spoiler and some odd mod jobs that is so often seen on the road.

I am not sure if the sunroof was always available or that it is something new because of the limited edition they have on offer.
Chittybang, the sunroof option was always available, just that its an optional accessory. I agree with your views that a spoiler looks silly on a Fiesta. The Fiesta looks like an executive car, and the spoiler only 'spoils' the look.
Closed Thread

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks