Team-BHP > The Indian Car Scene
Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

Closed Thread
  Search this Thread
Old 11th April 2023, 10:48   #136
BHPian

re: Tata Nexon Facelift launch in September 2023

Another video of the Next-gen TATA Nexon, the interior is clearly visible and looks like a new infotainment system. I am eagerly waiting for the launch and if all goes well might think of getting the EV version

vvivek85 is offline   (8) Thanks
Old 11th April 2023, 12:16   #137
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by DicKy View Post
Looking at the overall shape and the centre armrest area, this looks more like a comprehensive facelift. With even the ICE Curvv said to be based on the X1 platform, guess the Nexon will be kept on the X1 platform too for the time being.
Tata Nexon Facelift launch in September 2023-img_20230411_121031.jpg

Tata Nexon Facelift launch in September 2023-screenshot_2023041111293223_f9ee0578fe1cc94de7482bd41accb329.jpg

Tata Nexon Facelift launch in September 2023-img_20230411_074944.jpg

There are some subtle changes to the silhouette of the Nexon as seen from outside and there are some changes deep inside. Also though they have carried over some internal elements as it is, my gut feeling says what I think it is a new platform.
DRPSREDDY is offline   (6) Thanks
Old 11th April 2023, 13:27   #138
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by DicKy View Post
Screenshot from the original video posted.
Attachment 2438772

Doesn't the Nexon have cupholders? In this attached screengrab of the video, can't make out any cupholders. Also remember reading the review of the Nexon EV and wasn't sure if even that had any cupholders.
Old 11th April 2023, 13:36   #139
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by rkmountain View Post
yesterday drove friend's nexon petrol amt. AMT is not as good as I thought earlier. There is a jerk while gears get shifted and sudden lack of power in hilly terrain. Anybody felt the same.

A DCT is must if Tata wants to upgrade Nexon. And I think they will.
Same happened to me while on a test drive in XZA+ on plain road. Complete lack of power while normal overtake. Told SA that AMT is out of contention and if at all I decide on Nexon, it will be manual only
Archisman is offline   (3) Thanks
Old 11th April 2023, 13:49   #140
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by zadoom View Post
Doesn't the Nexon have cupholders? In this attached screengrab of the video, can't make out any cupholders. Also remember reading the review of the Nexon EV and wasn't sure if even that had any cupholders.
Yeah, one of the weird things I have noticed, even my friend who owns a Nexon EV was mentioning the same that there are no cup holders in the center console in Nexon's.
fusionbang is offline   (2) Thanks
Old 11th April 2023, 13:53   #141
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by fusionbang View Post
Yeah, one of the weird things I have noticed, even my friend who owns a Nexon EV was mentioning the same that there are no cup holders in the center console in Nexon's.
Ah, so at least the EV not having cupholders is confirmed. Does the same hold true for the ICE versions as well?
Old 11th April 2023, 14:27   #142
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by zadoom View Post
Ah, so at least the EV not having cupholders is confirmed. Does the same hold true for the ICE versions as well?
I think the regular one comes with a cup holder inside the sliding mechanism next to the handbrake. Owners can confirm.

But the facelift might get a Wireless charger there, like the Nexon EV based on the pictures, which is a bummer.
Old 11th April 2023, 14:53   #143
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by tushky View Post
Front design and dashboard is very similar to the Curvv concept. So which car is this exactly? Curvv is the new Nexon or New Nexon is a heavily inspired by the curvv concept. If they are launching Nexon with curvv concept design elements then there will be no point in launching separate Curvv in the future.
The Curvv is essentially the Nexon with a boot, in the 4m+ segment.
shortbread is offline   (2) Thanks
Old 11th April 2023, 15:10   #144
BHPian

Quote:
I think the regular one comes with a cup holder inside the sliding mechanism next to the handbrake. Owners can confirm.
I have a Nexon EV, the cup holders are inside a sliding mechanism beside the handbrake. I have never used it for holding a liquid container though. I use it as a storage compartment.
StrykerEV05 is offline   (2) Thanks
Old 11th April 2023, 17:09   #145
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by rkmountain View Post
AMT is not as good as I thought earlier. There is a jerk while gears get shifted and sudden lack of power in hilly terrain. Anybody felt the same.

A DCT is must if Tata wants to upgrade Nexon. And I think they will.
I agree as well that Nexon needs a proper AT or DCT which is definitely on the cards with the facelift.

However, I've been using Nexon Petrol AMT for the last 2 yrs and close to 27 K on the odo. Have driven it in 2 lanes, ghat roads and faced no issues at all with the sports mode. It is as good as a manual on the sport mode. You have complete control and no need to plan on overtaking. One thing what I noticed is that AMT doesn't shift down the gear properly on a downhill. In those situations, I change to manual mode.
NvrGivUp is offline   (2) Thanks
Old 11th April 2023, 17:43   #146
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Archisman View Post
Same happened to me while on a test drive in XZA+ on plain road. Complete lack of power while normal overtake. Told SA that AMT is out of contention and if at all I decide on Nexon, it will be manual only
AMT is never and enthusiasts cup of tea. It is purely for sedated drive. But of you want juice from the AMT then you need to shift to manual mode and down shift. That way you will get a power bump. If not continue in Automatic mode.
DRPSREDDY is offline   (4) Thanks
Old 11th April 2023, 18:40   #147
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by StrykerEV05 View Post
I have a Nexon EV, the cup holders are inside a sliding mechanism beside the handbrake. I have never used it for holding a liquid container though. I use it as a storage compartment.
That's weird. My friend bought it in Jan 2023 and he has a wireless charger in that place, there is no sliding mechanism. How old is your EV?
Old 11th April 2023, 18:54   #148
BHPian

Quote:
That's weird. My friend bought it in Jan 2023 and he has a wireless charger in that place, there is no sliding mechanism. How old is your EV?
This must be the difference between the EV and EV Max (since earlier the regular EV didn't come with wireless charging.
zadoom is offline   (3) Thanks
Old 12th April 2023, 09:14   #149

Quote:
Originally Posted by Benoit View Post
Is this like a deliberate leak? The infotainment and instrument cluster are deliberately not shown. These are two important areas of improvement for the Nexon, especially after seeing the Altroz Racer. Would've been really informative. Anyone in that situation, would've captured them first.
Doesn't seem like a deliberate leak. The cameraman just doesn't seem interested in seeing the infotainment system and instrument cluster.

But I am quite sure that the new Nexon will get the new screens, there is no reason why Tata wouldn't update those when they did on Harrier and Altroz (which, btw already had good enough clusters, unlike the calculator display in Nexon)

I got my Nexon last year and it will definitely hurt in the heart when I see those new screens
But if they make the steering wheel ugly like the Verna, I'll be very happy that my Nexon has the gorgeous 3 spoke one

Last edited by arunabh002 : 12th April 2023 at 09:21.
arunabh002 is offline   (3) Thanks
Old 12th April 2023, 09:45   #150
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by vvivek85 View Post
I am eagerly waiting for the launch and if all goes well might think of getting the EV version
Any news about when it will be launched? Also, is it confirmed that this facelift will be carried to EV verient aswell? I have decided on Nexon EV, sometime later this year. Will delay my purchase if this facelift version is confirmed for EV.
Closed Thread

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks