Team-BHP > The Indian Car Scene
Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

Search this Thread
Old 7th September 2023, 02:12   #106
BHPian

Re: 2023 Honda City Facelift : A Close Look

Quote:
Originally Posted by jacobsam View Post
is there a probability of any new Honda city coming to India in the near future and there are several videos online showing upcoming Honda Accord as Honda city.
Please correct me if I am wrong.
I will go without my top 10 favourite foods if what you said is going to happen. But no, we aren't going to see that slick Accord here in India. The current gen Accord is said to be nerfed and many people believe that the Accord peaked in its 9th Gen.

The facelift of the fifth Gen City got out only a few months ago so I guess we have atleast 3 years before we see a new Gen. I personally feel Honda should keep the current engine options and also add the turbo options. Imagine the City with 1.0 Turbo, 1.0 Turbo CVT, 1.5NA, 1.5NA CVT, 1.5 Turbo, 1.5 Turbo CVT, 1.5 Hybrid, 1.5 Hybrid CVT all placed within a lakh of eachother, people would drool over these options. I think that the 1.5 Turbo of the City would be cheaper than the VAG twins and much faster because we just turbod a fricking 1.5 Vtec engine. Now imagine all these options at current prices from 14L to 26L. Sorry for the long dream.

But NO is the answer to both your questions.
broke_enthu27 is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 16th September 2023, 11:13   #107

Hello BHPians,

I feel very stupid asking this but I could not find engine temperature gauge on the 2023 city ZX. Any info on this please.

Regards
Satya R
Old 16th September 2023, 13:11   #108
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Car_Therapy View Post
Hello BHPians,

I feel very stupid asking this but I could not find engine temperature gauge on the 2023 city ZX. Any info on this please.

Regards
Satya R
No temperature gauge is there, but a blue display indicates the engine is running cold. This goes off after a while.
avira_tk is online now   (3) Thanks
Old 16th September 2023, 13:47   #109

Quote:
Originally Posted by avira_tk View Post
No temperature gauge is there, but a blue display indicates the engine is running cold. This goes off after a while.
Thank you for the reply. Also, would the driver be alerted, if the engine gets hot?
Car_Therapy is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 17th September 2023, 17:27   #110

Hello BHPians,

Please help me with below queries:

Is underbody coat necessary for 2023 city?

Tested Dashcam recommendation on city?

What type of coating is recommended to protect the external paint of the vehicle? (too many options available in the market has got me totally confused)

Any speaker upgrade recommendation for a bass head (plug and play please)?

My dealer is saying that ventilated seats are available as Honda genuine accessory. If anyone has already installed please share your feedback.

Thank you for your patient reading. Please share your valuable inputs.
Regards
Car_Therapy is offline   (2) Thanks
Old 18th September 2023, 22:26   #111
BHPian

Hello all. I recently booked the City VCVT in late August. Now I wanted to take delivery in the next few days. I asked the SA for the VIN details today and according to the VIN the car is manufactured in May. My question is what should I do? SA says it takes time for car to come to showroom, I told him it doesn't take four months atleast. I currently insisted I would like an August make, to that he said it would cost higher because Honda raised prices since early September, approx 8k on ex showroom. I have denied taking the May car for now he said he will get back after talking to his senior management what can be done. My loan is approved but I had held back till I do the PDI. Any suggestions?
Old 18th September 2023, 22:33   #112
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by mandywanders View Post
Hello all. I recently booked the City VCVT in late August. Any suggestions?
Ask for generous discounts if the dealer is pushing for old stocks.
Just few days back I checked Honda City at crown noida showroom. They are already giving a discount of around 1LAC and even 1.5 LAC if going for exchange on most models of Honda city and Honda city hybrid 2023 model. They are ready to give more discounts if we can plan early.
Even I was surprised hearing such discount on newer 2023 stock. And this was my first visit which did not involve any negotiations from my side.
drsachin is offline   (3) Thanks
Old 18th September 2023, 23:07   #113
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by drsachin View Post
Ask for generous discounts if the dealer is pushing for old stocks.
Just few days back I checked Honda City at crown noida showroom. They are already giving a discount of around 1LAC and even 1.5 LAC if going for exchange on most models of Honda city and Honda city hybrid 2023 model. They are ready to give more discounts if we can plan early.
Even I was surprised hearing such discount on newer 2023 stock. And this was my first visit which did not involve any negotiations from my side.
Wow, that's quite a bit of discount. I had no idea. They only offered about 48k discount (which is a many of them clubbed together), at the time of booking. On road about 15 lac for the VCVT variant. No substantial exchange bonus and did not even offer a good valuation for my old car.
Old 18th September 2023, 23:23   #114
BHPian

Yes they clubbed different discounts and it was 1 to 1.2 LAC without exchange and another 40000 for exchange(Exclusive of car value). They offered even more if we plan soon.
They had ready stocks of almost all variants and colours.
And this was my first visit to showroom and I didn't even ask for discounts
drsachin is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 19th September 2023, 04:37   #115
BHPian

Quote:
Yes they clubbed different discounts and it was 1 to 1.2 LAC without exchange and another 40000 for exchange(Exclusive of car value). They offered even more if we plan soon.
Thanks for the heads up. Was this for any particular variant or across the board? Do share if there is any particular SA you dealt with? I guess I may have to try checking with other dealerships too.

I feel so frustrated with with this dealership now. I feel like dropping the idea of buying a honda altogether.
Old 19th September 2023, 06:35   #116
BHPian

I checked at Crown Honda Noida. And the discounts were almost similar on most variants.

If I were you , i would simply walk out of this dealership and look elsewhere.
When there are ready stocks for most variants why stick to one dealership.
The way the salesman was talking. I was pretty sure I can negotiate discount close to 2 lac or even more after including discounts from insurance too. Bring a quote of insurance premium from outside and force dealership ti match that quote( Outside of dealership most insurance agents easily offer discounts of 50-60% on new cars).
Negotiate also on the the resale value of your car. Get your car valuated by online aggregators and put ad on OLX and ask dealer to match those valuations.
It seems your dealer is giving you a very raw deal. The present times belongs to CSUVs and most of them have unrealistic waiting periods.
If dealers is having ready stocks of these Sedans that too that belonging to "May inventory" it means the demand is very poor. So if you are still interested in Honda city then you are doing a great favour to the dealer by helping reduce his stock pile. Why not milk it.
drsachin is offline   (2) Thanks
Old 19th September 2023, 08:02   #117
BHPian

Quote:
I checked at Crown Honda Noida. And the discounts were almost similar on most variants.

If I were you , i would simply walk out of this dealership and look elsewhere.
Truly appreciate your quick feedbacks. This is what I plan to do today. Cancel the booking with this dealership and start afresh. Nothing is worth this much frustration.
Old 19th September 2023, 15:07   #118

Honda City 2023 ZX CVT user here! A couple of queries

1) I faced the same issue with the headlights not being strong enough for wide open roads, damaged roads etc. I tried tweaking the screw settings inside the bonnet, but it didn't really help much.
Has anyone tried replacing the fog lights? Can I get it done from a 3rd party vendor within the warranty period, assuming its got nothing to do with the warranty? Or any other suggestions perhaps?

2) I dont know about other cars or even other City colours, but my meteoroid grey colour gets dusty way too often and way too much. Would you guys suggest getting ceramic or PPF coating done? Was wondering getting something done to avoid all the dust , and the occasional minor scratches too.
Old 24th September 2023, 16:35   #119
BHPian

Hi all, I am planning to buy Honda City ZX CVT in Pune. Dealer has an April 2023 manufactured vehicle available. He is claiming that ZX variants from those dates are available now which I find hard to believe. Is it ok to get ~6 months old car. I have gone through teambhp guidelines on buying “old” new cars. Should I go ahead with it with some good discounts or fight for a newer model? Thanks in advance.

Last edited by harikr : 24th September 2023 at 16:35. Reason: Typo error correction
Old 27th September 2023, 12:10   #120
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by harikr View Post
Hi all, I am planning to buy Honda City ZX CVT in Pune. Dealer has an April 2023 manufactured vehicle available. He is claiming that ZX variants from those dates are available now which I find hard to believe. Is it ok to get ~6 months old car. I have gone through teambhp guidelines on buying “old” new cars. Should I go ahead with it with some good discounts or fight for a newer model? Thanks in advance.
This query can be ignored. Proceeding with Verna. Thanks!

Last edited by harikr : 27th September 2023 at 12:11. Reason: Correcting typo
harikr is offline   (1) Thanks

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks