Team-BHP > The Indian Car Scene
Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

Search this Thread
Old 27th May 2024, 09:40   #136
BHPian

Re: 2023 Honda City Facelift : A Close Look

Quote:
Originally Posted by tsi_niks1989 View Post
Hey, 12k service cost seems on the higher side. Did the dealer add any extra services which could have been avoided or this is the cost of the general service alone?
Quote:
Originally Posted by M5_fan
The 5th gen city service cost for 20K kms in HYD for MT is around 8K and 9.6K for the CVT. This is the cost inclusive of all taxes and with the fully synthetic oil. Mineral oil services are much cheaper. Did you get some extra work done? If not then probably the dealer put in some extras like "engine polish" or something that bumped up your bills.
After reading your comments, I feel a little cheated. But the service advisor noted if there are any damages on the body of the car and showed me a list of services that will be done to the car. I asked him if the AC filter change is necessary since it was changed last October at 10K kms. Anyways, here are the list of services they have done as per the service invoice.

1. Labor charges: 3811.40
2. Element Assy Air/C: 456 (I don't know what this is)
3. Element filter: 779.99
4. Oil filter cartidge: 193
5. Washer plug drain: 35.99
6. Engine oil: 2550.96
7. AC cleaner and disinfectant: 1071
8. Battery testing : 47.20
9. Windscreen fluid: 54.95
10. Motor care treatment: 834
11. Wheel alignment: 991.20
12. Wheel balancing: 826
13: Nitrogen air: 236
14: Weight balance: 132.61

The above prices include SGST and CGST.

I think the motor care treatment was not needed, but apart from that are there anything that I could have skipped?

Last edited by broke_enthu27 : 27th May 2024 at 09:46.
Old 27th May 2024, 10:42   #137
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by broke_enthu27 View Post

2. Element Assy Air/C: 456 (I don't know what this is)
7. AC cleaner and disinfectant: 1071
10. Motor care treatment: 834
11. Wheel alignment: 991.20
12. Wheel balancing: 826
14: Weight balance: 132.61

I think the motor care treatment was not needed, but apart from that are there anything that I could have skipped?
Above items could be skipped, I am not sure what they did in Motor care treatment. If you have a good Tyre care shop nearby, can stick to that for your semi-annual or annual wheel alignment and balancing, the ASC charge more than double of what the actual cost is.

AC cleaner and disinfectant is the most basic add-on done by most of the dealers across the brands, it is not needed to be done that frequently. You could have saved close to 4300 INR by not opting for these services.
tsi_niks1989 is offline   (2) Thanks
Old 2nd June 2024, 22:16   #138
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by broke_enthu27 View Post
apart from that are there anything that I could have skipped?
In your User Manual, you will find a section called "Maintenance Schedule" that mentions exactly what activities need to be done at each maintenance interval. Take a copy of that with you when you go for servicing and tell your SA clearly that you only want the actions mentioned in the User Manual done. For anything else, they need to take a sign-off from you over WhatsApp/Email after they communicate the work that's needed, costs (including parts and labor), and time required. Tell them politely but firmly that you will not be paying for anything not approved by you. Once they realize it's not easy to make a quick buck out of you, they'll move on to fleece other unsuspecting customers.

Despite all this, I'm sure they'll find an opportunity to sneak in some unwarranted costs. However, those costs will not be beyond a few hundred bucks here and there.
KryptonMonkey is online now   (1) Thanks
Old 3rd June 2024, 07:56   #139
BHPian

Out of curiosity, when do we start getting some news about the next generation Honda City? Given the 5 year cycle that Honda follows the new City should be out by mid to late 2025. I did check on Google/YouTube but there do not seem to be any reputable sources giving any details or speculation about the car, unless i missed something,
sunilrs is offline   (1) Thanks

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks