Team-BHP > The Indian Car Scene
Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

Search this Thread
Old 28th March 2023, 12:41   #16
Senior - BHPian

Re: Honda India to launch a new car every year till 2028

Does this mean we might get the new Jazz soon and will the CR-V, Civic and Accord make a comeback? Or just infinitely more variants of hybrid/electric Citys?
Old 28th March 2023, 14:42   #17
Senior - BHPian

The most meme worthy announcement of the year by Honda. From "Tarikh pe Tarikh" to " Har Tarikh pe Nayi Gaadi" ? I hope they did not mistake India for Indonesia.
fhdowntheline is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 28th March 2023, 14:45   #18
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by TusharK View Post
That being said, the next big launch for the brand will be a mid-size SUV. It is expected to compete with the likes of Hyundai Creta and Kia Seltos and will arrive in the first half of the next fiscal year.

Source: ET Auto
The source linked with this post says about Honda planning to re-launch an SUV. Is this different from the mid-size SUV that is being currently scheduled for launch in June?

Quote from the ET article:
Quote:
Behl said that there are also plans to re-launch an SUV in the first half of the next fiscal year to ride on the booming segment in the country.
Quote:
Originally Posted by IshaanIan View Post
Does this mean we might get the new Jazz soon and will the CR-V, Civic and Accord make a comeback? Or just infinitely more variants of hybrid/electric Citys?
Yes those models are likely to be made available to Indian market as per the press conference updates given by the Honda marketing director. They had explicitly called out re exploring having CBU/CKD route for premium offerings.

Link to that post: https://www.team-bhp.com/forum/india...ml#post5504978 (Honda India : The Way Forward)

Last edited by sarathlal : 28th March 2023 at 14:58. Reason: merging of posts
Old 28th March 2023, 15:55   #19
Senior - BHPian

Wait, wasn't this strategy supposed to be in 2015? A new car every year and Honda would have been in a much better position now. And this time too, I don't think they will launch anything, leave alone a car every year.
Raghu M is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 28th March 2023, 21:51   #20
BANNED

Mod Note : Please do NOT post messages that add little or no informational value to the thread. We need your co-operation to maintain the quality of this forum.

Also, one-liner posts are best avoided.

We advise you to read the Forum Rules before proceeding any further. Request to post ONLY when you have something substantial to add to a discussion.

Last edited by GTO : 20th May 2023 at 08:37.
Aditikpurohit is offline   Received Infraction
Old 29th March 2023, 00:05   #21
BHPian

I just saw a video in Honda Thailand youtube channel of the new Honda CR-V.

I wonder what is stopping Honda to launch their newer models in India ? Is it the tax structure or something else?
Does anyone have knowledge on how this works and why this would happen with a well known and trusted brand?
jaysonline is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 29th March 2023, 21:50   #22
BHPian

First let them launch one new product, as people have vague memories of last time when Honda India launched a new product. Off late they were busy axing majority of their portfolios and just clinging on the cliff with just the sales of evergreen City.
Old 1st April 2023, 08:30   #23
BHPian

I understand the Honda bashing here but I (would like to) believe that this time Honda is serious about Indian Market.
All the previous launches in India were either poor product planning or abysmal pricing.
Even the SUV we are referring to, looks a tad small to be pitted against the likes of Creta or Seltos. Hope it doesn’t go the Kushaq or Taigun way.
In couple of years, when I upgrade from my Jazz, hope to see more options within the stable.
Honda should consider the new BR-V is for India!

Last edited by Samegoodkid : 1st April 2023 at 08:38.
Samegoodkid is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 1st April 2023, 09:34   #24
BHPian

I'm skeptical about Honda India too but I wish I'm proven wrong and Honda India turns around its fortunes here. With the purchasing power of Indians going up every year, imagine a portfolio where Civic, HRV and CRV are present. Come on Honda India, you can do better!
Old 1st April 2023, 10:23   #25
Senior - BHPian

Re: Honda India : The Way Forward

Quote:
Originally Posted by kosjam View Post
One common misconception many people have is that having a turbo makes everything better.

I agree with this. Turbo-Petrols are not everyone's cup of tea.

The other day I had the i20 N-Line for a day, and while the performance is very good, it was not very engaging to drive in city traffic, where you require instant torque and pull from low speeds, given our congested cities. The turbo lag initially means that to make the full use of power on tap, one has to reach higher speeds, which is not always possible nor advisable in today's mad traffic.

On the other hand, I did drive the City 1.5 CVT as well , and in contrast to Hyundai's turbo petrol, the CVT was much more liveable in the city traffic with instant pull and low end response.

Ofcourse, on an open road and highways, one would enjoy the N-Line's performance more than the City's 1.5 NA.

Sometimes, we just go by pure numbers or performance figures. What needs to be introspected is how useful or applicable the numbers are for one's own use case.

Last edited by Chetan_Rao : 1st April 2023 at 10:35. Reason: Trimmed quote & fixed typos
DCEite is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 1st April 2023, 10:54   #26
BHPian

We just moved up to a Kushaq 1.0 turbo , after owning naturally aspirated cars for years. The Turbo lag feels like an eternity compared to the instant torque in NA. In real world , turbos don’t work .
twin-turbo is offline   (1) Thanks

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks