Team-BHP > The Indian Car Scene
Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

Search this Thread
Old 23rd April 2023, 11:24   #46
BHPian

Re: Fast forward 1.5 years since Ford's exit, and the company still cares about its customers

We are nevertheless not getting breather pipe in the fuel line for our 2011 Fiesta. Kaveri Ford in Bangalore tells us that it costs Rs.9000/- but it is not available too. They just advice us that we shouldn't go for full tank filling. I am attaching the photo of the crack in the present pipe. That needs to be replaced.

Fast forward 1.5 years since Ford's exit, and the company still cares about its customers-img20230423wa0000.jpg

Any help/information about its availability from anywhere...
Old 26th April 2023, 10:19   #47
BHPian

Re: Fast forward 1.5 years since Ford's exit, and the company still cares about its customers

I haven't had a very pleasant experience with my local FASS, Talera Ford. My last 3 visits were disastrous.

One was an insurance claim, before Ford Exit. Both left doors needed to be repainted, and it took them about a month to deliver my car and both doors of my Ford Figo(White 2019 1.5L P AT), came back with a tinge of yellow. They said they couldnt do anything about it as paint wont match the factory color.

2nd was after Ford Exit, my gear casing needed to be replaced due to underbody damage, took them more than a month. So for 2 years, my car had been in the service center, 1 month out of 12 months.

3rd time was an injector that needed to be replaced as part of warranty, so they ordered one for me and said it will arrive in 3 days and in total 5 days, I will get my car back. It took them 15 days for the part to arrive! I looped Ford Customer care and we had a mail chain going. They kept telling me that your 'steering column' is in transit and I kept telling them that I need an injector. At one point they told me the truck carrying the parts cannot be tracked and the delivery date kept changing.

Can't imagine how many vehicles were getting affected. Service center told me that parts are always getting delayed from Ford. My SA showed me a few ecosports lying in the yard from 3 months because of part unavailability. My experiences finally led me to sell my car, and I miss it sorely now. But couldn't trust Ford anymore. Maybe I was not that lucky.

Last edited by suhaas307 : 26th April 2023 at 10:44. Reason: spacing for improved readability
Old 12th May 2023, 11:27   #48
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by gauravanekar View Post
I always get my car serviced and repaired exclusively at authorized service centers because Ford ASS has consistently provided me with top-notch service.
My ODO stands at 78k+, I dropped my car for general checkup (just because I was there in Bangalore I wanted the car checked by experts at Cauvery) . I continuously watched through the viewing window, 2 technicians worked diligently for 2 hours and quickly returned back. Excellent service!
Old 17th May 2023, 11:56   #49
BHPian

I am really don’t know what to say about Rudra Ford Mumbai. I got my car serviced from them about 8 months back, asking them to do the regular 70,000 kms which included all filters, engine oil and anything that requires precautionary and scheduled change of parts. The car was returned to me after couple of days. 3 days later the car just refused to start while I was out for some work. It just die with no electrics. Since it was a Sunday there was no one answering the phone calls made. I finally called my firm’s transport department and the transport manager sent couple of people with a service battery. They changed the battery and lo behold it started.

The current battery was only a year old. Upon checking the battery, it was found that it was drained because the car has not been used regularly due my work from home routine. The battery was fully charged and it’s been doing good since then. The question that arises is that what did Rudra Ford do with the car for 2 days? Why didn’t they check the battery and charge it? And this not the end of the story.

I have been toying with idea of trying AMS Signature series oil in the car. As I had some work in Pune, I asked my friend who has his workshop there if he could take care of it for me while I finish my work. He asked for my VIN number and went to the Ford spares wear-house located nearby to obtain the oil filter for my car. After obtaining the oil filter and the oil he informed that he would change the oil whenever I come to Pune.

I reached Pune and left the car with him and went about my work. With an hour he calls me back and asks me to check the pics he has sent me on WhatsApp. He then tells me that Rudra Ford has installed wrong oil filter. As a standard practice before installing any part he compares the parts. He found that the oil filter that he had obtained and the one installed in the car had different mounting collars. Initially he thought that he had obtained a wrong oil filter. Therefore, he went back to the Ford wear-house with both the parts in hand. There the parts catalog was once again checked for the correct part number for my car’s VIN. They took out a fresh oil filter from their stock and checked it. The oil filter that the wear-house had given him was the correct one and the one installed by Rudra Ford was for another car (I suspect it’s for 1.4l TDCi).

Add to these woes, I had asked them to do wheel balancing and tyre rotation. Before I had given the car for service, it suffered a big puncture on the rear left wheel. Since I had brought the car my friend’s place, he said he would the balancing and rotation also. Lo behold, the rear left tyre is still the same.

I really was left in a state of bewilderment about what had Rudra Ford done with my car.

Last edited by PratikPatel : 17th May 2023 at 11:59. Reason: Grammar
PratikPatel is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 17th May 2023, 21:54   #50
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Vipin Kumar View Post
We are nevertheless not getting breather pipe in the fuel line for our 2011 Fiesta. Kaveri Ford in Bangalore tells us that it costs Rs.9000/- but it is not available too. They just advice us that we shouldn't go for full tank filling. I am attaching the photo of the crack in the present pipe. That needs to be replaced.

Attachment 2442929

Any help/information about its availability from anywhere...

Go to any a spares parts shop that sells jeep/lcv parts give them a sample of the hose, it should cost around 100 rupees . I have a figo and i have always used some generic hose as a breather hose .

The last one i used was some random hose I found in the same size from a maruti parts shop. Depending on the quality some hoses last long, while others not so much.

Last edited by techn0l0gist : 17th May 2023 at 21:56.
techn0l0gist is offline   (2) Thanks
Old 30th May 2023, 17:48   #51
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by scar View Post
I have a 2012 Fiesta Classic (Diesel), absolutely no problem in getting it serviced. Sometimes some parts take some time to be procured by the service center but no problem with that. I recently got a full body work done for removal of all scratches and dents and repainting by the ford service center and they did a good job. My car has done 1.2L km hopefully i get to keep it for another 1L km with no service related problems
Could you please mention how much it cost? I’m planning to get the same done to my Figo.
Old 2nd June 2023, 18:57   #52

Quote:
Originally Posted by nikhilck View Post
Could you please mention how much it cost? I’m planning to get the same done to my Figo.
In addition to removing all dents and scratches and repainting I had both front head light assemblies and front bumper replaced in addition to other cosmetic stuff. The entire bill came up to around 72K. I certainly didnt go there with the intention to spend so much but one thing led to another and I guess the ford SA was a good salesman.
scar is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 3rd June 2023, 01:36   #53
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by scar View Post
In addition to removing all dents and scratches and repainting I had both front head light assemblies and front bumper replaced in addition to other cosmetic stuff. The entire bill came up to around 72K. I certainly didnt go there with the intention to spend so much but one thing led to another and I guess the ford SA was a good salesman.
This has happened to me too. The initial quote is low, but then he calls and says another thing is faulty and then another. Next time I’m going to stand my ground.
nikhilck is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 15th July 2023, 13:02   #54
BHPian

My experience with Kaikan Ford, Kolkata

Why I visited ?
I recently undertook a road journey from Tezpur to Kolkata, almost 1300 kms. Most of the journey was amidst heavy rains and I found that the wiper was leaving behind trails of water on the windscreen which was a very uncomfortable situation especially at night.
I also noticed that a crackling sound was coming from behind the central console whenever the vehicle was started. And another rattling sound whenever the vehicle used to go over any undulating surface, speed breaker etc.
Hence, decided to visit a service center after reaching Kolkata. I also intended to avail the ongoing Monsoon Camp scheduled from 10 to16 July.
As such, I had to get the battery checked and replaced if required since the starter had got stuck on a couple of occasions with a warning of Charging System Service Now. Recently I had posted the same on another thread and in the discussion it emerged that I needed to check the alternator or change the battery.
Hence, I visited Kaikan Ford as suggested by one of my friends working with Ford India.

The reception and diagnosis
A day prior an appointment was taken and hence I was received at the entrance itself by the service advisor who inspected in detail, asked me for any problems and then took a test drive with me to confirm the problems.
After a short test drive and couple of times starting the vehicle during which the starter wasn't cranking smoothly, the problems were diagnosed as under
  • Faulty starter motor
  • Worn out stabilizer bar bush
  • Requirement of greasing AC vent gears
  • Requirement of greasing tail gate latch
  • Worn out wiper blades.
  • Checking battery health and change if required
Since my vehicle has run almost 9000 kms since last periodic service, I decided to get the 40k service also done.

The offers
Here, the service advisor offered me a Flexi plan under which if I paid for two services at once, I was saving almost 18% of the service cost. So I decided to go in for the two year plan and avail the offer on the current service also.
Apart from this, I was offered extended warranty of one year with 10% discount for around ₹15k.
This came as a surprise because Extended Warranty from a company which has shut shop in India and only providing service and spare support to the customers was a really warm gesture I must say. As such my car was under 5 years extended warranty upto October 2024. I decided to go in for the 6th year extended warranty also.

The estimated expenditure
The service advisor took me to the office, printed out an estimated cost and explained the repair costs to me which was as under :-
  • Normal servicing covered under the Flexi Plan to include Engine Oil, Oil Filter, Gasket, Drain Plug and labour Charges.
  • Additional charges for expendables like the Air Filter and Cabin Air (AC) filter.
  • Stabilizer bush (not covered under warranty)
  • Change of wiper blades
  • Starter motor change (covered under warranty)hence not charged.
The Flexi Plan and Extended Warranty cost was over and above these expenses.

The Repair Work

Fast forward 1.5 years since Ford's exit, and the company still cares about its customers-img_20230715_121232.jpg

This is where I must compliment the Ford guys. Thorough professional and timely repair work.
The starter motor, stabilizer bar bush were the first to be changed. Followed by routine service : engine oil, filter, etc
Thereafter gen servicing/check up including brakes was done. The pads still had enough bite left and hence no change was recommended.
One good thing was the customer lounge was located on first floor with glass windows all around. So i could see what work was being undertaken.
The Battery and Charging System was checked using Midtronics System under all load conditions and found to be working perfectly. In fact, it generated a report of Good Battery . They were kind enough to share a copy of the report with me.

Fast forward 1.5 years since Ford's exit, and the company still cares about its customers-img_20230715_124237.jpg

The AC vents control gear behind the main console was greased by taking out the glove box from where one can access these plastic gears. I was told by the service personnel that this is a recurring problem in many Ecosports, luckily happened with me for the first time.

Fast forward 1.5 years since Ford's exit, and the company still cares about its customers-screenshot_2023071512205693_92460851df6f172a4592fca41cc2d2e6.jpg
Accessing and greasing these gears is an art in itself.

The Surprise
I left for lunch in between and came back at around 2:30pm when I received a call from the service advisor that a major problem was noticed in the vehicle which he wanted to show me before undertaking repairs.
I followed him and he showed me leaking brake fluid from below the master cylinder and told me that a leak from the master cylinder was suspected.
I was quite surprised because never had the vehicle given me any trouble with brakes.
On closer inspection they found some tape stuck on the brake fluid reservoir. On taking out the tape, teeth marks were found below it which indicated that rats had chewn the master cylinder and in the previous service someone would have noticed and taped it up.

Fast forward 1.5 years since Ford's exit, and the company still cares about its customers-img_20230715_122220.jpg

Notice the level of brake fluid in the container. Whenever they were attempting to top up brake fluid, it was going over the chewed portion and it was leaking out because over a period of time, the tape lost its adhesive quality. Luckily it was noticed now. I didn't want to take any chance with brake parts and so asked them to replace it immediately. Unfortunately they didn't have one in stock and had to again tape up the container after fixing a plastic piece with Fevikwik. The service advisor however assured me that there was enough fluid in the reservoir and nothing to worry. But cautioned me not to undertake any long journey till the concerned part was replaced.

Final Test/Inspection prior to delivery
  • The new starter cranked without any hiccups
  • The crackling sound behind the central console had disappeared
  • The rattling noise had disappeared
  • The wipers worked perfectly
Only the brake fluid reservoir remains to be replaced on arrival. More on that in the next post.

The Bill Summary
The final bill worked out to be as under :-
  • Expendables and Parts changed = ₹2196.00
  • 2 years Flexi Plan = ₹7330.00
  • 6th Year Extended Warranty = ₹ 15309.00
  • Total = ₹ 24,835.00
Some people may feel it's a heavy expenditure but peace of mind always comes at a cost. And with a Ford vehicle it's always better to be covered under warranty. So i went in for the 6th year warranty extension.

Conclusion
I am happy with the service and repair work done by Kaikan Ford. And recommend Ford owners to visit them purely based on the honest and thorough professional attitude of the employees.
Last but not the least, Ford deserves a clap here. Even after almost two years of stopping sales and production, I must admit they are providing excellent service support to their customers.

Happy Miles to All...

Last edited by aviator1101 : 15th July 2023 at 13:12. Reason: Adding content
aviator1101 is offline   (5) Thanks
Old 21st July 2023, 13:31   #55
BHPian

Revisit to Kaikan Ford Kolkata

Replacing the brake fluid container damaged due to rat menace

My last visit to Kaikan Ford was on 15 July when it was discovered that the Brake Fluid reservoir was leaking because rats had chewed a big hole in it.
The part was not readily available, hence ordered.

I received a call on 19 July from Kaikan Ford that the part has arrived and booked an appointment for 9:30 am on 20 July 23.

Reached at 9:30 am sharp and the vehicle was readily accepted. Repair job commenced in no time after opening a job card and other documentary formalities.

Within 2 hours the following repair work was carried out :-
  • Replacement of brake fluid reservoir
  • Bleeding of the brake lines
  • Changing a chewed cap of the washer wiper fluid container
  • Test ride to check brakes for proper functioning
The new reservoir which was replaced
Fast forward 1.5 years since Ford's exit, and the company still cares about its customers-img20230720104259.jpg

Repair work in progress
Fast forward 1.5 years since Ford's exit, and the company still cares about its customers-img_20230720_103218.jpg

Since the part was damaged due to rat menace, it was not covered under warranty.
Total bill was ₹3620.00

Finally peace of mind.
aviator1101 is offline   (3) Thanks
Old 24th July 2023, 14:14   #56
BHPian

My Aspire Sports Diesel is currently in its 6 year and have run 45k kms. Ownership has been absolutely fuss free and the the car puts a smile on my face whenever I press the accelerator pedal. I have always serviced my car at GK Ford Raipur ( bought it from there too) and service has been a very positive experience so far. Now the dealership has been taken over by Citroen but the Ford service remains but through a separate entrance.

Recently the front right tyre got damaged and I took my car to service to replace it. However my experience this time was quite different. Half if the service floor and the office area has been taken over by Citroen service (don't know whether same or different owner though). The Ford staff seemed very reluctant and apathetic. For a simple job like replacement of a tyre, they asked me to book an appointment after 3 days. Apparently even running repair cases have to take appointment atleast 3 days in advance! Their attitude was very negative to say the least.

For the first time in my life , I felt a pang of regret or even some anger at Ford for leaving it's customers in a lurch. Recently Ford had sent a message that the Fordpass app will be available till Dec 2024, which made me think that the regular service should be available till end of 2024. And I was very happy with my car and was planning to keep it atleast for 2 more years. But now I am having thoughts of replacing my car. Worst of it is that my Ford with its solid build, fine handling , cheap service (cheaper than Maruti in my experience)and explosive acceleration has spoilt me so much that I am not able to think of a capable replacement.

Ironically enough, there was only maybe a couple of registered Citroen C3s on the shop floor and the dealership had zero visiting customers .
Razor44 is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 24th July 2023, 16:11   #57
Distinguished - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Razor44 View Post
For the first time in my life , I felt a pang of regret or even some anger at Ford for leaving it's customers in a lurch. Recently Ford had sent a message that the Fordpass app will be available till Dec 2024, which made me think that the regular service should be available till end of 2024. And I was very happy with my car and was planning to keep it atleast for 2 more years. But now I am having thoughts of replacing my car. Worst of it is that my Ford with its solid build, fine handling , cheap service (cheaper than Maruti in my experience)and explosive acceleration has spoilt me so much that I am not able to think of a capable replacement.

Ironically enough, there was only maybe a couple of registered Citroen C3s on the shop floor and the dealership had zero visiting customers .
In one of the biggest malls in Bangalore half of an entire underground parking was only filled with used Ecosport, I think Spinny was the dealer. This many Ford cars , I have never seen them, the ones in the city were giving it away and moving to other brands.

Routine maintenance is one thing but when something breaks, you'll feel the pinch, not recommended for daily use vehicles, so yes , please sell it off and move on. It's not that hard, there are plenty of good vehicles in the market.
Kosfactor is online now   (1) Thanks
Old 15th August 2023, 23:03   #58
BHPian

Can anyone suggest a good Ford dealer for my Ecosport? I am open to Noida/ Delhi or Gurgaon, just want a place which is competent like before, have no clue about the dealers in NCR post exit
Old 24th August 2023, 11:58   #59
BHPian

Quote:

Same thing happened with my sister in law. Her EcoSport (which I recommend her to buy over i20) was doing alright but some issues were not getting resolved and their service quality was degrading day by day. Finally she had to sell it with a heavy heart as being a doctor it was not possible for her to spend time mending the problems every now and then with these incompetent service guys. Chevrolet provided much better service after their exit for a long time. Don't think Ford's going to do that. At one point we're really considering Endeavour. It was and probably still is the best car in that segment. Dodged a bullet for sure.
Carpainter is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 24th August 2023, 13:27   #60
BHPian

Quote:
Now the dealership has been taken over by Citroen but the Ford service remains but through a separate entrance.
I guess the dealership is not interested in Ford anymore and trying to focus on the other brand. If possible, try other dealerships in your area. I own a Ford Ecosport and plan to keep it as much as possible (or until I get decent service).

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks