Team-BHP > The Indian Car Scene
Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

Closed Thread
  Search this Thread
Old 12th May 2023, 09:56   #16
BHPian

Re: April 2023 : Indian Car Sales Figures & Analysis

I still cannot believe Wagon R tops this chart with a near ZERO GNCAP rating. It fails me.

Last edited by Axe77 : 13th May 2023 at 09:24. Reason: Minor typo.
npawan29 is offline   (12) Thanks
Old 12th May 2023, 10:03   #17
BHPian

C3 is doing decent numbers I feel. Waiting to see how the new Shine variant impacts these numbers.

Honda has such dull products. Sad state of affairs.

Alcazar doing 2k units is decent as a standalone but wonder if branding it as the Creta Plus would've resulted in more sales. The Creta brand is crazy strong and I feel Hyundai made a (rare) mistake to not capitalize on it.

Compass (and Jeep) are on a gradual decline and am not sure what they're planning for the future.

Seeing MG now properly falling behind Kia is a bit surprising considering that they both entered the market at similar times, offer similar products with similar value propositions. Wonder what the reason for this is.

Declining sales of the VAG foursome are sad, especially as an owner. Was expecting 3k+ from each unit but it seems far from that mark.
batladanny is offline   (5) Thanks
Old 12th May 2023, 10:12   #18
BHPian

Jeep Needs to rebrand the longitude variant and replace the sport variant with it at the Sport variant's price. At present the current entry points aren't an attractive enough offering because when you spend 20lac+ you expect a bit more kit.
sid3091 is online now   (2) Thanks
Old 12th May 2023, 10:42   #19
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Gansan View Post
Why is there a sharp drop in sales of EV cars as well as two wheelers across all manufacturers, when compared to the previous month? Any specific reason?
I think it is because of the tax savings on loan interest, which was only valid till march 31st hence the drop in sales. I think the road tax break is also ending/ended in most states.
TejasV is offline   (3) Thanks
Old 12th May 2023, 10:58   #20
Distinguished - BHPian

Why doesn't Toyota release separate figures for Innova Crysta and Innova HyCross? And I wonder if Toyota is actually interested in selling the Hyryder.

Same goes for Mahindra not releasing Scorpio Classic and Scorpio N's numbers separately.

Read somewhere on the forum that Carnival was getting discontinued. KIA intends to launch the next generation Carnival next year in India.

Last edited by BoneCollector : 12th May 2023 at 10:59.
BoneCollector is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 12th May 2023, 11:23   #21
BHPian

The state of affairs with Jeep India is very sad. Here in Goa, which i believe has one of the densest population of JC, there is no service centre operating for the last 4 months. JC owners have to drive down 200 kms for servicing. I myself bought the JC in 2019 looking at the brand value. Ofcorse I found the JC's performance ninch above all the competitors. But the way things are going now for Jeep it is presenting a very sorry picture. The overpricing and now administrative mess, no wonder the numbers are going down drastically.
kaps1311 is offline   (5) Thanks
Old 12th May 2023, 12:05   #22
BHPian

EV sales of all kinds (4W (Tata Motors being the dominant player by a huuuge lead), 2W and 3W) all saw a steep fall compared to March 2023. I wonder why.

Also, for a change the Hyundai Tucson is did decent numbers for 3 consecutive months, atleast so it seems from dispatches to dealers. Do the retail sales also look the same, I wonder?
Old 12th May 2023, 12:43   #23
BHPian

It's pretty sad to see Jeep's performance over the last few months. The new facelifted Jeep does not have bad kit. From base variant itself, you get all disk brakes, electronic hand brake, wireless Apple Play and Android Auto, Cruise control, the awesome suspension, 5 star safety rating. I know MG Kia have many more features at lower price point, but lack the driving dynamics and comfort. Sadly these are not selection criteria among Indian buyers. The way things are going, I fear they may pack up and follow Ford/GM before the end of this year.
I have a Jeep Compass and was hoping to upgrade to the Meridian in a few years, now I need to aspire for another brand.
aayusht is offline   (2) Thanks
Old 12th May 2023, 13:19   #24
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by npawan29 View Post
I still cannot believe Wagon R tops ths chart with a near ZERO GNCAP rating :( it fails me.
It passes for many who don't care about safety ratings and, there are plenty of them out there. The same people would buy a false seat-belt buckle to stop the seat-belt alarm.

On a separate note, Wagon R still remains a compelling option for a city car with low running cost and decent cabin space. We have been berating it because of safety concerns and underwhelming AMT but, the fact remains that it is almost a perfect car for many (specially people outside Team-BHP)
TheVegabond is offline   (5) Thanks
Old 12th May 2023, 13:51   #25
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by vharihar View Post
EV sales of all kinds (4W (Tata Motors being the dominant player by a huuuge lead), 2W and 3W) all saw a steep fall compared to March 2023. I wonder why.
Even I am curious but couple of factors that I know of:

1. March 2023 was the registration cut-off date for availing IT deduction benefit of Rs 1.5L per year on purchasing an EV on loan. Those who anyway had decided to buy an EV on loan would've preponed their purchase to take advantage of this benefit. The way this benefit is structured, it would primarily impact 4W sales.

2. For 2W, I believe the FAME subsidy problems would be the main culprit. This will get ironed out in a few months.
shyampsunder is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 12th May 2023, 14:49   #26
BHPian

Who would have thought Creta would outsell humble Alto, I think this is the reason why Hyundai skip 2022/2023 Creta in India!!
Sach_511 is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 12th May 2023, 15:14   #27
Senior - BHPian

Tata Nexon has gotten jetpack. It just continues to climb month after month after month, dethroning even popular Creta. Truly astounding. But, more astounding is Wagon R. Really beats me what people see in this 24 year old car that most of us here do not.
pgsagar is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 12th May 2023, 15:43   #28
Senior - BHPian

Jeep is going the Fiat way! Triple digit sales doesn't help anyone.
They need to invest in Marketing & expanding the dealership and service centers.
Old 12th May 2023, 16:31   #29
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by TheVegabond View Post
It passes for many who don't care about safety ratings and, there are plenty of them out there. The same people would buy a false seat-belt buckle to stop the seat-belt alarm.

On a separate note, Wagon R still remains a compelling option for a city car with low running cost and decent cabin space. We have been berating it because of safety concerns and underwhelming AMT but, the fact remains that it is almost a perfect car for many (specially people outside Team-BHP)
I am also one of those who are constantly baffled by why and how Wagon-R clicks!

But to tell a story, a few years back, my sister was looking for a not very expensive, easy to maintain, automatic, practical, spacious city run about. A beater car if you will. We looked at all the hatchbacks on sale, including Tata Nano, Renault Kwid, Hyundai i10, Ford Figo and Tata Tiago (I think it didn’t have an automatic version then). For her needs – only all-city commute, not looking to make a style statement, not wanting to own a piece of engineering marvel, and her budget (5.x lacs or there about), there was nothing else available and it came down to a Wagon-R! i10 ticked many boxes but was about 1.5 lacs more. So here we are 6.5 years and 24K kms later with a Wagon-R VXi AMT (O) (yes it has two airbags and ABS too!) and plans to keep the car for as long as it runs!

I know many people whose stories are similar to hers and Maruti won't give up easily! 😊
Sanjunair5 is offline   (3) Thanks
Old 12th May 2023, 16:37   #30
Senior - BHPian

What other electric two-wheelers does Bajaj sell under the Bajaj Auto brand, apart from the Chetak itself?
Closed Thread

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks