Team-BHP > The Indian Car Scene
Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

Search this Thread
Old 14th September 2007, 02:17   #46
Senior - BHPian

Its official fiat adventure has been discontinued in india now and dealers have finished selling existing stocks.

Quote:
Fiat India has discontinued the Fiat Adventure (sport estate). Based on the global 178 (Palio) platform, the estate model has been discontinued for the last two months, said the official spokesperson of the company.

It’s the second model from the 178 platform that has been discontinued. Recently, the Petra or the former Sienna (mid-size sedan) was the first model that was discontinued by the company.
I Have a feeling that the palio too may not be here for a very long time and may make way for the Punto + Linea.

Source:
Fiat discontinues ‘Adventure’ - Sify.com
Old 14th September 2007, 02:33   #47
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by rahul_intlad View Post
Quote:
Now this segment is primarily dominated by the Skoda Octavia Combi as the sole contender of this niche but cult segment.
They forget about Indigo Marina which is a proper estate car. Looks like nobody care for TATA vehicles.
Old 18th September 2007, 11:11   #48
Senior - BHPian

FIAT INdia website has removed the Adventure from its display.

Atleast they now bother to update their website. So all adventure owners out there are we into a selling spree or are we into keeping our unique species to ourselves.
Old 18th September 2007, 12:03   #49
BHPian

I am keeping mine (just 4 months old) for at least 5 years. I know getting spares is going to be a problem and really hope my car does not get too many problems that requires spares.
Old 18th September 2007, 22:24   #50
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by thalavoy View Post
I am keeping mine (just 4 months old) for at least 5 years. I know getting spares is going to be a problem and really hope my car does not get too many problems that requires spares.
So how many of Adventure owners have faced the Spares issue, and how big is this problem?
Old 18th September 2007, 23:14   #51
Team-BHP Support

Quote:
Originally Posted by hrsraghav View Post
So how many of Adventure owners have faced the Spares issue, and how big is this problem?
Don't know about adventure but a Palio in our family(close family, around 5 years old car) was immobile for 1 month because of a minor starter issue. Some small part "not available".
After that it does not go to Fiat or Tata for servicing and its doing fine.
Old 19th September 2007, 08:59   #52
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by tsk1979 View Post
After that it does not go to Fiat or Tata for servicing and its doing fine.
Now that was a good one. But has it gone to TVS earlier. They are the ones that screwed up our Uno 1.2 and it started sounding like a 1L km run vehicle just by 30k on the ODO. All FIAT cars have been spoilt by TVS. But as far as my experience goes TATA is far much better than TVS. Atleast they dont show their attitude problems to you. At TVS they were supposed to be the only eople in the world who knew about cars and you were supposed to be obliged that they are touching your car.
Old 19th September 2007, 10:19   #53
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by rahul_intlad View Post
Its official fiat adventure has been discontinued in india now and dealers have finished selling existing stocks.

I Have a feeling that the palio too may not be here for a very long time and may make way for the Punto + Linea.

Source:
Fiat discontinues ‘Adventure’ - Sify.com
Even I assume the same. The current Palio seems like a stop gap till Punto Linea launch.
Old 20th September 2007, 12:41   #55
BHPian

They may launch an updated version of adventure within two months. Got this info from a sales executive .
Old 24th September 2007, 16:40   #56
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by swathyd View Post
They may launch an updated version of adventure within two months. Got this info from a sales executive .
Was it some sales exective from a dealer, or any official Sales guy from TATA-FIAT
Old 3rd October 2007, 18:56   #57
BHPian

was from executive from dealer but confirmed by a person who visited fiat factory. but as fiat is 'famous' for springing up surprises we cant be sure of it.
Old 3rd October 2007, 19:11   #58
Team-BHP Support

Quote:
Originally Posted by swathyd View Post
Quote:
Originally Posted by hrsraghav View Post
Was it some sales exective from a dealer, or any official Sales guy from TATA-FIAT
And can I assure you that this one is confirmed to carry a 1.3 MJD engine? Yes they are bringing out this model.
Old 3rd October 2007, 23:06   #59
Senior - BHPian

thats real good news. But would they price it high enough to ensure that no body buys it.
Old 4th October 2007, 00:50   #60
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by moralfibre View Post
Yes they are bringing out this model
That with Panda's 4x4 system will be the ideal car for me. But the more important question is WHEN?

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks