Team-BHP > The Indian Car Scene
Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

Closed Thread
  Search this Thread
Old 16th January 2009, 17:53   #196
BANNED

The comparison website showed that basic Fiesta model came with alloys. On double checking with Ford its only steel. Sorry for the confusion.
Quote:
Originally Posted by Fountainheader View Post
If you are comparing basic models, then why bring the alloys into picture ?
Old 16th January 2009, 17:53   #197
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by diabloo View Post
In equipment, all these model are at same level. Then how can it be with most features? In fact basic model of Linea doesn't come with CD player, while its comes with Aveo & Fiesta. Fiesta even has alloys, while Linea doesn't have.
i really fail to understand , what do you have against FIAT ,
so much so that you are ready to make your own versions/facts for everything,

everyone has the right to have their own views/likes/dislikes favorites.
But most of your arguments,posts defy common logic.

I would really like to know did you ever own a fiat or did fiat offend you in any other way?

Or may be something is wrong with most of the member's understanding/logic here.

I do not mean to offend you or anyone else,neither do i want to start any personal mud slinging competition.My point is lets not be biased about our opinions so much.

sorry for going OT
Old 16th January 2009, 19:01   #198
Senior - BHPian

To me the Linea seems to have achieved a bit of a breakthrough in pricing, with the spec, build and features of cars like the Civic, Corrola, Octavia and the price of the Fiesta, Verna, SX4, NHC, with the size again of the ANHC, Civic, Corolla, Optra etc.

The features such as the the stearing mounted controls are not present on most of the above listed cars, and the Rear Sun Screen, and rear AC Vents are not present on any of the cars below the Laura/Merc, while the Blue and me is again a new concept in India, and mainly available only though the aftermarket players or on the Indigo XL.

The Build is europian, while the price is closer to the cheapest of Japs, (Read Suzuki.)

It on top of all this offers Diesel where half the cars in the same segment dont provide the option at all.

Am a fiat fan - Evident from the above and would like to see it succed.[/quote]

Just looking at the specs and the GC is 161 on the diesel and 165 on the petrol for a wheelbase of 2603.

The ANHC GC is 160 for a wheelbase of 2550.

Is that an issue??

Well with 90 bhp I don't think one could compare it with the Corolla's, Octavias and the Civic's !!

Well I thought the Civic was a long car and the Linea is longer but doesn't look that way. I hope the handling is good.

The Dual AC is a nice touch.

The one big problem that Fiat has is perception. A.S.S has always been a problem with Fiat. If they can overcome the perception issue the car can do really well. That is where the Verna's and the ANHC would score over Fiat.
Old 16th January 2009, 19:21   #199
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by csentil View Post
Well with 90 bhp I don't think one could compare it with the Corolla's, Octavias and the Civic's !!.
How many horses does the Octavia (diesel) have?

Agree with you on the perception and A.S.S part though.
Old 16th January 2009, 19:33   #200
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by typeOnegative View Post
How many horses does the Octavia (diesel) have?

Agree with you on the perception and A.S.S part though.

correction : 85BHP/203nm - Linea

Last edited by narayan : 16th January 2009 at 19:35.
Old 16th January 2009, 19:36   #201
Senior - BHPian

Buddy, I'm talking about the Petrol's !! Its 90 bhp for the Petrol Linea & 86 for the Diesel. The Octavia Petrol is 110 bhp and they once had an RS which was 150 bhp ain't it!!

And looks like I screwed up my earlier post's formatting ! :(

So I'll put it here again:

----------

Just looking at the specs and the GC is 161 on the diesel and 165 on the petrol for a wheelbase of 2603.

The ANHC GC is 160 for a wheelbase of 2550.

Is that an issue??

Well with 90 bhp I don't think one could compare it with the Corolla's, Octavias and the Civic's !!

Well I thought the Civic was a long car and the Linea is longer but doesn't look that way. I hope the handling is good.

The Dual AC is a nice touch.

The one big problem that Fiat has is perception. A.S.S has always been a problem with Fiat. If they can overcome the perception issue the car can do really well. That is where the Verna's and the ANHC would score over Fiat.

Last edited by csentil : 16th January 2009 at 19:38.
Old 16th January 2009, 19:39   #202
Senior - BHPian

All Octavia petrols (save the 2.0 model which was killed off early) are 150BHP.
Old 16th January 2009, 19:40   #203
Senior - BHPian

Linea is definitely welcome as more competition should always be. Puts pressure on the big cats to give more to the customer (remember the 800/Dzire/... waiting lists, margin money, piddly interest on deposits or the BSNL waiting lists till the early 2000s).
Old 16th January 2009, 19:48   #204
BHPian

Even Octavia D is 88 Bhp,and they launched the RS well after 2-3 years after the success of Octy so lets hope for goods sales of Linea so that we can get different versions of Linea 1.4 TP/1.9 D with 150 Bhp.
Old 16th January 2009, 21:02   #205
Senior - BHPian

We already have other threads to discuss about Linea. Mods time to close this one??
Old 16th January 2009, 21:58   #206
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by csentil View Post
Buddy, I'm talking about the Petrol's !! Its 90 bhp for the Petrol Linea & 86 for the Diesel. ... would score over Fiat.
Thanks for the clarification buddy. Somehow I do not know how the formatting of your post had anything to do with power outputs. Anyway ...
Old 16th January 2009, 22:53   #207
BANNED

I have nothing against Fiat. All I am trying is bring out points of other cars, which is getting drowned in the euphoria of Linea.
Quote:
Originally Posted by ms001 View Post
i really fail to understand , what do you have against FIAT
Old 16th January 2009, 23:04   #208
BHPian

Quote:
I have nothing against Fiat. All I am trying is bring out points of other cars, which is getting drowned in the euphoria of Linea.
Ha ha isn't that what is called as Brilliant marketing?
Old 17th January 2009, 00:02   #209
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Guess you are more pained by the fact that there weren't as many threads for the ANHC as that of the Linea.

But all said and done, I guess this thread can be closed down, since we have seperate threads for Linea and GP.
Old 17th January 2009, 00:37   #210
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Fountainheader View Post
Guess you are more pained by the fact that there weren't as many threads for the ANHC as that of the Linea.

But all said and done, I guess this thread can be closed down, since we have seperate threads for Linea and GP.
Going by the number of threads, Linea beats Honda city. This also leads to perception that among the Team-BHPians, the enthusiasts favour Linea over the ANHC. I know I will flamed upon for this statement
Closed Thread

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks