Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

Search this Thread
Old 10th February 2024, 17:08   #631
Distinguished - BHPian

re: HSRP mandatory in Karnataka | EDIT: Deadline extended to 17th May 2024

Quote:
Originally Posted by mreccentric View Post
--
By any chance will the dealer call me for fixing the number plate earlier than the allotted appointment date?

What should i do to make sure that the HSRP number plates for my two wheeler will fix properly to the existing slots? Or is there any extra actions which would help in fixing the board to the right location, covering up any visible drills or screws?

Where are the slots available (for two wheeler and four wheeler vehicles across brands) to the nearest dates in Bengaluru?
Dealers normally (or never) contact you.

At times (not necessarily a must) you will get a message from the HSRP manufacturer/dealer stating the dispatch of the number plates.

Slot availability is automated, and you have no control of the same. (try different dealers, if needed)

Fixing or additional frame need will be dealt with by the dealer at the time of fixing.

Either way, once the appointment in fixed as on the website, visit the dealer.

Last edited by volkman10 : 10th February 2024 at 17:10.
volkman10 is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 10th February 2024, 17:34   #632
Distinguished - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by mreccentric View Post
BTW, my appointment with the dealer in one and a half month away (for the fixation of HSRP number plate).

By any chance will the dealer call me for fixing the number plate earlier than the allotted appointment date?

What should i do to make sure ..?
Pal, I think you are late to the party. Most of the questions you are asking have been answered earlier. Do go through the thread.

IMO a better way to get your queries cleared like your question about making sure - a quick visit to a dealership near you, where they are fixing the plates, will make things clear for you.
Old 11th February 2024, 11:35   #633
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by varkey View Post
I tried to order the HSRP for my Suzuki Access 125 2W. The siam.in website redirected me to https://getmyhsrp.com/, but once I entered the vehicle registration number, chassis & engine number, it errored out saying the
Hi Varkey,

My uncle is also having the same issue with his Suzuki Access that he bought in 2009 from the dealer Advaith.

So did you get the HSRP from some other vendor website?

Last edited by KarthikK : 13th February 2024 at 11:51. Reason: Minor typo correction
Old 11th February 2024, 11:54   #634
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by bobbyblr View Post
Hi Varkey,

My uncle is also having the same issue with his Suzuki Access that he bought in 2009 from the dealer Advaith.

So did you got the HSRP from some other vendor website?
I had emailed them at customerfeedback@shimnit.com with the error message. They asked for the copy of the RC and within a day they replied saying it’s fixed. I was then able to place the order on the same website.
varkey is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 13th February 2024, 11:47   #635
BHPian

My problem is different. I ordered hsrp plates for my 8 year old Swift and there was no hassle.

However, when I'm trying to get one for my TB350x I keep getting the error "Replacement vehicle allowed upto 31-03-2019". Ideally I should have gotten the plates from the showroom itself when I bought the bike. But it was registered just before COVID in Feb 2020 and followed by all the lockdowns and other restrictions then, it was lost by the showroom guys, Bommasandra Motors.

I'm lost now as to what is the way forward!
Old 13th February 2024, 12:58   #636
Team-BHP Support

One of my colleague has an old Hero Electric Scooter purchased from Bangalore, he tried all the website and dealer but unable to find a place to place the order with. Has even written to Hero Motors. The vehicle is from 2018 and purchased in Bangalore and I guess that time the green plates were not there.

Anyone who has leads with this?
Old 13th February 2024, 13:35   #637
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by DLC5005 View Post
1. Toyota authorised dealer at my hometown is not accepting direct booking, at dealer level. They are asking us to order it online.
2. When trying to book it online, the dealership at my hometown is not being listed in fitment locations.
(And next/nearest dealership to us is around 200kms, ie either Mysore or Bangalore)
(Quoting my earlier post)
With no much options or alternatives, visited the Toyota dealership for 3rd time.

As usual they asked to book online.
I told them the issue and even if booked online, the dealership wasn't being listed in fitment locations.

Then one of the SA spoke on phone with someone and gave an alternative.
So, as suggested by them, have booked HSRP plates online successfully, and have given fitment location as Shimoga this time. (They have the main branch/dealership at Shimoga). So once the plates arrives at main branch they will resend/forward it to my hometown dealership for fitment.

So looks like the issue is sorted as of now. Waiting for arrival of kit

Last edited by DLC5005 : 13th February 2024 at 13:37.
Old 14th February 2024, 07:54   #638

Recently I can to know that not only we need the HSRP plates, we also need a color coded (blue?) sticker as well. When I got my Polo in Apr 2022, I did get the HSRP plates but not the sticker. Now when I try to order 'only the sticker' via bookmyhsrp website, I'm running into a weird issue. The page is not accepting my 'front laser code' (BA250XXXXX30). I'm guessing I'll get a similar error with the 'rear laser code' too since only the last digit is changed from the front laser code. I'm in Bangalore and the car is KA03 registered. What am I doing wrong here?
Old 14th February 2024, 09:16   #639
Distinguished - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Legender View Post
What am I doing wrong here?
Try the rear code anyway and concurrently ask your dealer to provide. They were duty-bound to ensure all 3 items as part of registration.
itwasntme is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 14th February 2024, 11:37   #640

Getting past the OTP wall seems well nigh impossible today. Either the OTP does not arrive and the rare case in which it does, the site insolently throws a "Session Timeout"!! Stuck here since the last one hour
HSRP mandatory in Karnataka | EDIT: Deadline extended to 17th May 2024-bookmyhsrp.png

Last edited by The Falconist : 14th February 2024 at 11:51.
Old 14th February 2024, 12:01   #641

Quote:
Originally Posted by Chetan_Rao View Post
The process sure makes the willing law-abider feel like the silly one, while the apathetic ones flip the bird and tootle along without a care.
I am stuck in the same boat. Cursing myself why I bothered a state change hassle from my Dominar 250.

My bike has been transferred from AP to KA. Got a KA number, but no clue how to get the HSRP? Bajaj Dealers are simply refusing, RTO is saying go to dealer. Clearly no one has thought about the state change menace when making these rules.

Frustrated now after spending lot off money and effort. Did not even get my RC smart card for KA, since that will be given only after HSRP details are pushed in Vahan by the dealer.

Is there any process, please assist. I went to Kalyani Bajaj, are they linked with Kalyani motors? Does anyone have any contacts with senior Bajaj regional level in Karnataka, so that the issue can be solved.

Can the AP dealer provide a KA number plate? AP is not in Vahan to complicate matters.
Old 14th February 2024, 12:15   #642
Team-BHP Support

Quote:
Originally Posted by TwinAlco View Post

Is there any process, please assist. I went to Kalyani Bajaj, are they linked with Kalyani motors? Does anyone have any contacts with senior Bajaj regional level in Karnataka, so that the issue can be solved...
Dealership is your only recourse, RTO or HSRP vendors won't do anything.

Speak to the customer service head at a Bajaj dealership and explain the situation. They'll also have an escalation matrix including the regional heads' contact info displayed somewhere on the premises.

Will take a little effort and patience. It's extremely frustrating, but look at it solely as a transaction you need to get done, and keep your feelings in your pocket while dealing with them.
Chetan_Rao is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 14th February 2024, 12:22   #643
Distinguished - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by TwinAlco View Post
My bike has been transferred from AP to KA. Got a KA number, but no clue how to get the HSRP?
Like Chetan Rao said, dealer is the only one who can help.

Get a B-register extract (from RTO / Bangalore-One).
Speak to the Customer Care team leads at the Bajaj (2W) dealership and explain that this was a re-reg / inter-state transfer and hence you cant book online.
Dealers will have access to booking the plates
condor is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 14th February 2024, 12:32   #644

Quote:
Originally Posted by Chetan_Rao View Post
Dealership is your only recourse, RTO or HSRP vendors won't do anything.

Speak to the customer service head at a Bajaj dealership and explain the situation. They'll also have an escalation matrix including the regional heads' contact info displayed somewhere on the premises.

Will take a little effort and patience. It's extremely frustrating, but look at it solely as a transaction you need to get done, and keep your feelings in your pocket while dealing with them.
Is there a list of documents and a detailed process. Do I approach the sales or the service guys? Can you please help or DM?
Old 14th February 2024, 13:19   #645
BHPian

Once again the deadline has been extended by 3 Months - https://www.msn.com/en-in/news/India...03f80c8a&ei=88

If this continues, not sure if citizens will take it seriously and fix the HSRP Number plate. Once again the early adopter will be left to rue their decision.

Regards

Last edited by chandrda : 14th February 2024 at 13:20. Reason: typo

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks