Team-BHP > The Indian Car Scene
Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

Search this Thread
Old 21st February 2024, 11:59   #661

Re: HSRP mandatory in Karnataka | EDIT: Deadline extended to 17th May 2024

Quote:
Originally Posted by Chetan_Rao View Post
In a country riddled with incompetent bureaucracy, our RTOs probably take the cake. And they have no incentive to change because they're minting money as-is, with no obligation to deliver services - efficiently or sometimes at all - they're getting paid a fortune for.
Now all Bajaj dealers in Bangalore are pushing me to go to the original dealer in Andhra Pradesh to get the HSRP.

Is it possible for the AP dealer to get the same? Or the Bajaj dealers in Bangalore are simply passing the buck.

Last edited by KarthikK : 21st February 2024 at 12:03. Reason: Please quote ONLY the relevant bits of a post. Quoting a full, long post inconveniences our mobile readers. Thanks!
Old 21st February 2024, 12:10   #662
Team-BHP Support

Quote:
Originally Posted by TwinAlco View Post
Is it possible for the AP dealer to get the same? Or the Bajaj dealers in Bangalore are simply passing the buck.
Any dealer of the brand, location not relevant.

Give you have a KA number allotted, there now exists a Vahan record for your vehicle. That's all they need to place an order.

Last edited by Chetan_Rao : 21st February 2024 at 12:13.
Chetan_Rao is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 21st February 2024, 12:56   #663
BHPian

I am unable to apply for HSRP for my 2005 Maruti Esteem as the Vahan database has mentioned maker as "Others" instead of Maruti Suzuki.

Rosmerta team has reverted asking me to visit RTO and get it corrected. However is there anyone who was able to get this updated via online portal?

Or visiting the RTO and getting it updated is the only solution?
Old 21st February 2024, 17:01   #664
BHPian

I recently went to Udupi. The majority are not bothered about it. 99% of cars do not have HSRP number plates. My friend also has a KA car and showed no concern about changing it. He said no one bothers there. Is this true outside Bangalore?
Old 21st February 2024, 17:04   #665
BHPian

Infractions: 0/1 (5)

Quote:
Originally Posted by Oppanna View Post
I am unable to apply for HSRP for my 2005 Maruti Esteem as the Vahan database has mentioned maker as "Others" instead of Maruti Suzuki.

Rosmerta team has reverted asking me to visit RTO and get it corrected. However is there anyone who was able to get this updated via online portal?

Or visiting the RTO and getting it updated is the only solution?
Refer to this post, https://www.team-bhp.com/forum/india...ml#post5716121 (HSRP mandatory in Karnataka | EDIT: Deadline extended to 17th May 2024)
kavensri is online now   (1) Thanks
Old 21st February 2024, 17:08   #666
Team-BHP Support

I don't understand why it has been complicated so much, anyone with valid RC, insurance etc should be allowed to place order of the plates with any of the approved vendors instead of making people run around in circles. Once the HSRP is fitted, vendor can just update the Vaahan site.

egs: I have KL registered 2011 car and if I need to order an HSRP, even if I wish to and ready to pay, there is no way I can do that! How lame can the system be.

Last edited by Jaggu : 21st February 2024 at 17:14.
Jaggu is offline   (3) Thanks
Old 21st February 2024, 17:48   #667
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jaggu View Post
I don't understand why it has been complicated so much, anyone with valid RC, insurance etc should be allowed to place order of the plates with any of the approved vendors instead of making people run around in circles. Once the HSRP is fitted, vendor can just update the Vaahan site.
+1. It should have been implemented better. It is a half-hearted attempt by the State Govt. The first thing to be done was to clean up the Vahan database, that was screwed up while digitizing/porting of old records.

So, the MORTH order for the states to implement the HSRP has made it complicated. The onus lies with the Manufacturer/Dealer to fix the plates and the Govt is pushing the citizens to order via the vendors. And the Vaahan database ties the vehicle to the vendor, based on the "Manufacturer" record in RC.
bejoy is online now   (1) Thanks
Old 24th February 2024, 15:12   #668

Quote:
Originally Posted by itwasntme View Post
Try the rear code anyway and concurrently ask your dealer to provide. They were duty-bound to ensure all 3 items as part of registration.
I send emails to bookmyhsrp help and rosmertasafety.com help. I didn't get a reply for the first email. rosmertasafety replied saying they cannot help with vehicles post 2019.

In the meantime, I had gotten in touch with Apple Auto VW Whitefield and they took this matter up and got me a new sticker within 5 days. Today I went there, paid INR 150 and got the sticker affixed on the windshield. Was very happy with the way they handled and sorted out the issue within a few days.
Legender is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 3rd March 2024, 12:50   #669
NPV
Distinguished - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by NPV View Post
^^^I have a similar question. When I took delivery of my Harrier in June 2023, I overlooked the fact that the orange/red sticker was missing on the windshield, the dealership guys had stuck only the transparent sticker with registration details. At that time I wasn’t even aware that the blue (for petrol) and orange/red (for diesel) sticker also needs to be stuck along with the transparent one.

Any idea if/how I can order the sticker alone for my 2023 car ? (I remember seeing this option while ordering HSRP for my older vehicles).
Quote:
Originally Posted by itwasntme View Post
Suggest you formally escalate to the dealer principals with a copy to Tata.
I reached out to my friendly Sales Manager at Cauvery Tata from where I'd bought the car last year. Initially he said this will not be an issue from Traffic Police/RTO perspective but I persisted saying if the sticker is considered the third number plate, it has conform to the rules governing HSRP; moreover, this could become a point for cops/RTO to harass when out of my home state.

He finally said he will speak to the vehicle registration team at the dealership and get back. I also mentioned that if he isn't able to find a solution, I will consider escalation at dealership and Manufacturer (Tata) level.

Couple weeks later I heard from the Sales Manage that their team was able to place a "sticker only" HSRP order for my car. Another couple weeks later he informed me that the sticker had arrived.

I had to visit the service center to troubleshoot/fix an error code and also had the sticker affixed to the windshield, relieved now.

The "sticker only" option gets us a set of 2 stickers - transparent sticker with vehicle registration number, date of registration and the identifiers for front and back number plates and the orange sticker for Diesel (in case of my car). Since I already had the transparent sticker stuck on the windshield, I asked them to paste the orange one behind it, so now I have an extra transparent sticker. I was told it cost them Rs.100 to order this, but I wasn't asked to pay though I did offer.

Last edited by NPV : 3rd March 2024 at 12:52.
NPV is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 10th March 2024, 16:04   #670

With HSRP introduction, do the old IND number plates (without serial numbers below the IND hologram) still hold legality?
Old 10th March 2024, 17:56   #671
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Carmogam View Post
With HSRP introduction, do the old IND number plates (without serial numbers below the IND hologram) still hold legality?
As far as I know, those plates had exactly as much as, and will continue to have, validity of the "plastic piece with letters cut from sticker sheet" plates.
Old 10th March 2024, 19:21   #672
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Carmogam View Post
The old IND plates were as good (or bad) as any other Non-HSRP plates. With mandatory HSRP, the old IND plates would be as illegal as any other old plates. Only positive about it is that it could still be useful at scanners which rely on reading number plate such as toll plaza /malls etc where Fastag works.
Old 10th March 2024, 20:04   #673
NPV
Distinguished - BHPian

This afternoon I was on the scooter and at one of traffic lights, a not very old Dzire Tour taxi stopped beside me. While I was waiting for the light to turn green, I was looking around casually and found that the taxi’s HSRP windshield sticker has the registration date “01-01-1900” , by far one of the oldest cars on Bangalore roads with a HSRP sticker!
Old 25th April 2024, 21:07   #674
Distinguished - BHPian

Fines to be levied from 31 May onwards for non-HSRP plates:
https://www.daijiworld.com/news/news...newsID=1186164
itwasntme is online now   (1) Thanks
Old 26th April 2024, 13:06   #675
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Legender View Post
I send emails to bookmyhsrp help and rosmertasafety.com help. I didn't get a reply for the first email. rosmertasafety replied saying they cannot help with vehicles post 2019.
Could you please provide these/ any other escalation email IDs that you have (of Rosmerta/ BookmyHSRP)?

I had placed an order for the sticker for our Maruti Ritz in March. The date for home installation was 12th April. Buggers have not even manufactured it, it seems. Have not been able to speak to anyone reasonable on their team. Any escalation contacts will be really helpful.

Thanks in advance.

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks