Team-BHP > The Indian Car Scene
Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

Search this Thread
Old 4th November 2023, 12:18   #1
BHPian

Fourth-gen Maruti Suzuki Swift caught testing in India. EDIT: Launched at Rs. 6.49 lakh

Upcoming next-gen Swift spied testing in Goa.

The car was carrying 5 passengers on-board and pressumbly some load in the boot too

Couldn’t click better pictures as there was a lot of moving traffic.

Fourth-gen Maruti Suzuki Swift caught testing in India. EDIT: Launched at Rs. 6.49 lakh-img_2061.jpg

Fourth-gen Maruti Suzuki Swift caught testing in India. EDIT: Launched at Rs. 6.49 lakh-img_2057.jpg

Fourth-gen Maruti Suzuki Swift caught testing in India. EDIT: Launched at Rs. 6.49 lakh-img_2059.jpg

Fourth-gen Maruti Suzuki Swift caught testing in India. EDIT: Launched at Rs. 6.49 lakh-img_2058.jpg]

Last edited by Aditya : 4th November 2023 at 18:05. Reason: Watermarks added
ashvek3141 is offline   (32) Thanks
Old 4th November 2023, 16:39   #2
Distinguished - BHPian

Re: Next-gen Suzuki Swift spied testing for the first time

SWIIFT spotted testing at night, shows its LED lamps. Likely a mid 2024 launch

Quote:
The interior was not spotted but a key highlight like the bigger touchscreen can be seen in the photo. It looks bigger and we believe it to be the same 9.0-inch touchscreen that was showcased in the motor show.
Fourth-gen Maruti Suzuki Swift caught testing in India. EDIT: Launched at Rs. 6.49 lakh-399265270_6826100904151401_3808540226485881048_n.jpg

Fourth-gen Maruti Suzuki Swift caught testing in India. EDIT: Launched at Rs. 6.49 lakh-399520416_6826100920818066_5145625353658552034_n.jpg

Link

Last edited by volkman10 : 4th November 2023 at 16:40.
volkman10 is offline   (9) Thanks
Old 4th November 2023, 18:54   #3
Distinguished - BHPian

Wow
That must really be the quickest concept to global unveil to testing in India. Not surprised, since I guess India is the Swift's largest market.

This is the only time I am hoping that the previous engine be used for some time, before the all new engine is used.

Last edited by CrAzY dRiVeR : 4th November 2023 at 19:31. Reason: Minor typo
DicKy is online now   (10) Thanks
Old 4th November 2023, 21:24   #4
Distinguished - BHPian

New Swift spotted heading to Shimla. Multiple (variants) prototypes doing vigorous testing.

Quote:
New Swift to feature an all-new interior layout with a large freestanding touchscreen infotainment system
Fourth-gen Maruti Suzuki Swift caught testing in India. EDIT: Launched at Rs. 6.49 lakh-screenshot-20231104-211712.png

Fourth-gen Maruti Suzuki Swift caught testing in India. EDIT: Launched at Rs. 6.49 lakh-screenshot-20231104-211512.png

Fourth-gen Maruti Suzuki Swift caught testing in India. EDIT: Launched at Rs. 6.49 lakh-screenshot-20231104-211443.png

Fourth-gen Maruti Suzuki Swift caught testing in India. EDIT: Launched at Rs. 6.49 lakh-screenshot-20231104-211647.png

Fourth-gen Maruti Suzuki Swift caught testing in India. EDIT: Launched at Rs. 6.49 lakh-screenshot-20231104-212221.png

Last edited by volkman10 : 4th November 2023 at 21:32.
volkman10 is offline   (9) Thanks
Old 4th November 2023, 22:56   #5
BHPian

What exactly is that camouflage for when Suzuki has already unveiled the facelift?
blueather is online now   (2) Thanks
Old 4th November 2023, 23:25   #6
e46
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by blueather View Post
What exactly is that camouflage for when Suzuki has already unveiled the facelift?
Well, not everyone follows Intl auto show unveils and a fair bit of cladding evokes interest among mango people.
e46 is offline   (6) Thanks
Old 5th November 2023, 02:53   #7
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by DicKy View Post
This is the only time I am hoping that the previous engine be used for some time, before the all new engine is used.
Better low end torque sounds interesting. Hope they don't decide to dull it down and focus on magic mileage figures alone. It is a 3 cylinder, it will any day be more fuel efficient than the 4 cylinder dualjet, combined with whatever new tech they pour into what could be the final IC engine series that Suzuki develops. Trust them to achieve acceptable levels of refinement also, though it most certainly be not upto the very high standards set by K-series 4 cylinders.

Suzuki have pioneered in developing small displacement engines. Hope this is a last hurrah for them.

On a different note, I wouldn't be surprised if maruti decides not to bring the Z series engines to Indian shores and continue with the dualjet. They just launched the dualjet series in India very recently (not considering the mild hybrid petrol Baleno). It is already doing great numbers for them. Why fix it when it isn't broke..?
harikrishnansp is offline   (4) Thanks
Old 5th November 2023, 06:57   #8
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by harikrishnansp View Post
Better low end torque sounds interesting.
It would be interesting to see what this new Z series engine is all about. Will it be a complete grounds-up new design or a bored out, naturally aspirated version of the existing K10 based Boosterjet?
The benchmark for 3-cylinder engine,(bottom end torque & tractability), should be taken from the Citroen EB series, (i.e. what powers the C3 turbo) and the top end excellence from the long-gone Ecosport 1.0litre "Fox" EcoBoost.
As for the claims on probable path breaking fuel efficiency, I'm expecting probably a 6-speed gearbox with some super tall gearing in 4th-5th-6th. Combine that with the "supermodel" rivalling kerb mass, and 30kmpl ARAI certified mileage will be achievable.
Hope Maruti puts some life & feedback into the steering and beefs up the brakes. Never a strong point with any of the Swift generations.

Last edited by arjab : 5th November 2023 at 06:59.
arjab is offline   (9) Thanks
Old 5th November 2023, 10:43   #9
BHPian

I don't see anything new in the design outline. The new generation should have been bigger and longer, this looks like the same old lame design with some cosmetic changes. This is the second time they want to fool people after the new gen S-Cross. The interiors would be equally disappointing.
CarNerd is online now   (2) Thanks
Old 5th November 2023, 13:58   #10
BHPian

This is great news. Never expected to see test mules on Indian roads so soon.

Glad to see a design that looks evolved yet unmistakably Swift. Hope Maruti retains the DNA of the current gen Swift including the dimension and the awesome 1.2L NA 4-cyl dual jet. Chances of a CVT is almost nil but I would be mighty happy with the practical AMT nevertheless. There is no other car in this category that matches the performance and handling of this car.

Last edited by kpkeerthi : 5th November 2023 at 14:07.
kpkeerthi is online now   (2) Thanks
Old 5th November 2023, 14:46   #11
Distinguished - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by harikrishnansp View Post
Better low end torque sounds interesting. . Trust them to achieve acceptable levels of refinement also, though it most certainly be not upto the very high standards set by K-series 4 cylinders.....Suzuki have pioneered in developing small displacement engines. Hope this is a last hurrah for them....On a different note, I wouldn't be surprised if maruti decides not to bring the Z series engines to Indian shores and continue with the dualjet. They just launched the dualjet series in India very recently (not considering the mild hybrid petrol Baleno).
Can trust Maruti to launch a nice 3 pot. Their foundation in India itself was made on 3 pot engines. Can predict words like 'low end torque, driveability, throaty exhaust' thrown around in reviews and it would do good in fuel efficiency too. Just that the existing K12 does a good job of pottering around town with decent driveability delivering satisfying fuel efficiency, all with the option of wringing the motor to the redline on the open road, while sounding good. Bet that won't be the case with the 1.2l i3.

I believe the Z series will come to India soon. If a small company like Suzuki is developing an all new engine in this age, then it is only doing so, since the volumes allow it in its largest market.

Quote:
Originally Posted by arjab View Post
As for the claims on probable path breaking fuel efficiency, I'm expecting probably a 6-speed gearbox with some super tall gearing in 4th-5th-6th.
Hope Maruti puts some life & feedback into the steering .
https://www.team-bhp.com/forum/india...s-big-way.html (Rumour: Maruti looking at 6-speed gearboxes in a big way)

Wonder what happened. 6 speed would very much be welcome. Yes, even if feel is not there, please dial in some more return to centre action in the steering. Better than before, but still weak.

Quote:
Originally Posted by CarNerd View Post
The new generation should have been bigger and longer, this looks like the same old lame design with some cosmetic changes. This is the second time they want to fool people after the new gen S-Cross. The interiors would be equally disappointing.
Agree that Suzuki is just heavily modifying the existing models. Maybe their way of conserving funds in this uncertain times. Though, have to disagree on that cars should get bigger and longer with each generation. That is just riding a tiger in the long term.
DicKy is online now   (7) Thanks
Old 5th November 2023, 21:47   #12
BHPian

Probably the saddest part about this new Swift is that the international version will have a strong hybrid powertrain, but we won't get it here. Has Maruti learned nothing from the success of the Grand Vitara? Or will Toyota not permit it?
Old 6th November 2023, 08:51   #13
Senior - BHPian

I am glad they have done away with the confusing rear handles and have adopted the conventional ones. I hope the build quality is better. What Maruti should realize is that safety is the only chink in the Swift's non-existent armor and if they get it right I am sure it will blow the competition out of the water. Look wise I do not like the portion of the grill. Rear seems ok.

Last edited by sumeethaldankar : 6th November 2023 at 08:53.
sumeethaldankar is online now   (1) Thanks
Old 6th November 2023, 12:01   #14

The features we already know that are going to show up in the new generation model are:

1. Free standing 9 inch touchscreen
2. 6 airbags (definitely not standard)
3. LED Projector Headlamps with DRLs
4. LED Projector Fog lamps
6. 360 degree parking camera
7. Looks like this generation rides on 16 inch wheels but they don’t seem to be diamond-cut/machine finished instead they are black/gun metal, maybe this is the ZXI variant being tested and not the ZXI+

I think Maruti will retain the K12N Dual-Jet with MT/AMT and will offer Booster jet with Manual transmission only as the 6-Speed torque convertor will cost 1.4 lakhs dearer to its manual counterpart, which will take the price point close to 13 lakhs. I know people pay roughly the same amount for the i20 N-Line but I don’t think they’ll pay it for the Swift. Booster Jet will only cost a lakh more than the naturally aspirated engine and if Maruti does make the Swift the first car in its lineup to adopt the Z Series engine then they should definitely launch the Booster jet with this one.
Tanmay8488 is offline   (2) Thanks
Old 6th November 2023, 13:07   #15
Distinguished - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tanmay8488 View Post
The features we already know that are going to show up in the new generation model are:

1. Free standing 9 inch touchscreen
2. 6 airbags (definitely not standard)
3. LED Projector Headlamps with DRLs
4. LED Projector Fog lamps
6. 360 degree parking camera
7. Looks like this generation rides on 16 inch wheels but they don’t seem to be diamond-cut/machine finished instead they are black/gun metal, maybe this is the ZXI variant being tested and not the ZXI+

--
Also confirmed on the test vehicle is the blind spot monitor!

Quote:
the new Swift has been spotted with an illuminated marking on the ORVM. This means there is a blind spot warning on the new Swift. as seen in the Japanese unit

Fourth-gen Maruti Suzuki Swift caught testing in India. EDIT: Launched at Rs. 6.49 lakh-398809371_372344721789529_1134381958530671833_n.jpg

Link

Last edited by volkman10 : 6th November 2023 at 13:09.
volkman10 is offline   (6) Thanks

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks