Team-BHP > The Indian Car Scene
Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

View Poll Results: Fun to drive- Palio 1.6 Stile Sports/ Swift DDiS?
Palio 1.6 Stile Sport 68 58.12%
Swift DDiS 49 41.88%
Voters: 117. You may not vote on this poll

Closed Thread
  Search this Thread
Old 10th August 2007, 10:42   #136
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Harrie View Post
Funny how people owning 1.2s root for the 1.6 and the 1.6 for the 1.3

the gtx has loads of roll. For sure needs a suspension stiffer than what is on offer currently.
I merely pointed out this 1.2 voting for 1.6 phenomena (amongst a host of others) but then I got labeled as spreading propaganda.

Roms / Harrie you guys are validating statements and then voting which is all anyone is asking for.

That said personally for me the GTX was the best Palio ever
Old 10th August 2007, 10:49   #137
Senior - BHPian

@harrie... Would have loved to drive your 1.6. It sure will be uber fun. Did you time your performance runs... that can gives us an idea as to how much improved it was after the job.
For some praising other posts, I think they have forgotten they were the one's who started the catfight and were a part of it too, from head to toe. No love lost though

Last edited by extreme_torque : 10th August 2007 at 10:51.
Old 10th August 2007, 10:56   #138
Senior - BHPian

I don't know what the actual question was ? Was it to vote for more power or for something that goes very fast. Was it for something with more bhp or more torque.

One of the conditions should have been that one should have driven both the cars. (by the way I have and still drive both cars). Most of my Palio friends are not able to say why their car is a great car. They just think so. But they like it and they are happy which is good.
Old 10th August 2007, 11:19   #139
BANNED

Infractions: 0/1 (10)

Quote:
Originally Posted by srishiva
I don't know what the actual question was ?
No one seems to have amidst all the bickering. Question was which will be the most fun to drive car. All one expected is the choice (either of the two cars), explain what was fun to drive part in it (high revs or torque or turbo kicking in etc). But some seem to be of the opinion that they could assume all of the above without driving both cars, or consider the diesel's out of contention itself or bring in imaginary cars and ask us to imagine. Then there were arguments about track, drag racing which were not started by me but was called names for explaining how it worked (yet conveniently everyone except the person who started these petty arguments is being blamed for the catfights).

Look at post number 48 since when the entire thread seems to have been derailed into petty fights. Sheesh.

Last edited by mclaren1885 : 10th August 2007 at 11:29.
Old 10th August 2007, 11:32   #140
GTO
Team-BHP Support

Just performed a massive cleanup of this thread. Stick to the topic guys and do us a favour by keeping the personal comments / attacks off the board.

Any more and we will be forced to infract.
Old 10th August 2007, 12:08   #141
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ajay_J View Post
Let this poll belong to only those who have driven both the cars.Only those guys can do justise to both the cars. I am not voting as not driven Swift DDIS at all.
Just got lucky to drive new DDIS of a buddy....would stick to my vote for Palio.
Old 10th August 2007, 13:09   #142
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by mclaren1885 View Post
No one seems to have amidst all the bickering. Question was which will be the most fun to drive car. All one expected is the choice (either of the two cars), explain what was fun to drive part in it (high revs or torque or turbo kicking in etc). But some seem to be of the opinion that they could assume all of the above without driving both cars, or consider the diesel's out of contention itself or bring in imaginary cars and ask us to imagine. Then there were arguments about track, drag racing which were not started by me but was called names for explaining how it worked (yet conveniently everyone except the person who started these petty arguments is being blamed for the catfights).

Look at post number 48 since when the entire thread seems to have been derailed into petty fights. Sheesh.
You are still In to it... ugh... I have had enuf... please continue!
@all... Please let me know whats wrong in the content of post 48. I have just stated facts but some people are just not ready to accept.

Last edited by extreme_torque : 10th August 2007 at 13:10.
Old 10th August 2007, 14:17   #143
Senior - BHPian

Which one would you choose
1. Fun for one instant or
2. Continued fun over a long duration of time period.

I would prefer a continued fun/bliss/pleasure (What ever else you call it) over a long period of time. This can only be achieved if you just zip the car continuously for a long period of time without having worries like FE or Servicing cost in the back of your mind. If FE nags you in the back of your mind the major portion of fun is already lost.

HENCE I VOTED for SWIFT D.
Old 10th August 2007, 14:19   #144
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Firebird View Post
Just got lucky to drive new DDIS of a buddy....would stick to my vote for Palio.
DDIS is like Wine - you need to savor it repeatedly for a long period of time to appreciate it. This has been my personal experience.

Last edited by DieselFan : 10th August 2007 at 14:21.
Old 10th August 2007, 14:36   #145
Team-BHP Support

Can I have both please?
Old 10th August 2007, 16:37   #146
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by supremeBaleno View Post
Hmm. Strange are the ways in which the 'F' word can make a thread run into pages in a matter of hours.
You telling me. I actually thought this was an old thread when I saw the number of pages - then, surprise, surprise! Chill guys, why the war?

By the way, didn't vote cos I haven't driven either one.

Last edited by suman : 10th August 2007 at 16:40.
Closed Thread

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks