Team-BHP > The Indian Car Scene
Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

View Poll Results: Fun to drive- Palio 1.6 Stile Sports/ Swift DDiS?
Palio 1.6 Stile Sport 68 58.12%
Swift DDiS 49 41.88%
Voters: 117. You may not vote on this poll

Closed Thread
  Search this Thread
Old 8th August 2007, 17:00   #31
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by srishiva View Post
I didn't know that the fun to drive feel comes from the engine only !!
On a serious note, do the Fiat guys sitting in Italy or anywhere know that they make sports cars in India.
But I do agree that the JTD engine is a gem of an engine. VW, BMW and Merc share their engines across different segments. They don't have the same handling characteristics though. There is the transmission, the suspension, the chassis and more.

I don't want to start a argument or anything. But I find the views of guys owning Fiats rather amusing.

So its time for TATA Indica or Chevy Aveo to move to great handling/sports cars category. Just have this engine guys !
It has been discussed over and over again in this forum that what makes Palio 1.6 an excellent package is its all round character more driver focussed as compared to others in its segment.

Palio is a better car with respect to Swift in terms of engine, suspension and drive comfort and the advantage in Swift's favour is fuel economy and peace of mind in it being a Maruti.

Dear sir, based on the above facts which I repeat, have been discussed very extensively before, I strongly disagree with your comments and you making fun of Fiat owners is unacceptable to all. I am a Fiat owner but do have a Maruti as well and we all do know our cars here, thanks to t-bhp. So, please stop making such statements, I suggest you take a drive in a Palio 1.6, and you would know it for yourself.

Coming back to topic, I voted for Palio 1.6.
Old 8th August 2007, 17:17   #32
BANNED

Quote:
Originally Posted by DCEite View Post
Doors that close with a reassuring thud
If it's still under warranty, you should probably get that fixed.
Old 8th August 2007, 17:24   #33
Team-BHP Support

he he you know where i voted right but hey comparison is too far fetched one.
Old 8th August 2007, 17:31   #34
BHPian

I have driven both the Swift DDis and the Palio Stile 1.6. Fun to drive for me is to be able to out accelerate most cars on my highway trips and also win traffic light races within city. In this repect the Palio 1.6 wins hands down, the surge in power you get once you cross 4000 rpm is awesome as is the exhaust note and engine sound.
Apart from that i love the car to be nimble and agile which both the Swift and Palio are. My vote and money goes for the Palio Stile 1.6 (have infact bought one, getting delivery tommorow in Gurgaon)
Old 8th August 2007, 17:43   #35
Senior - BHPian

Even I dont understand the logic behind this thread. You just cant compare the two and the customer for both these cars are different. I have not voted on the poll hence.

P.S. I dont understand why FIAT isnt putting the 1.3 JTD in Palio. Priced 50k's lower than Swift, it will be a hotseller. I for one will buy the same eyes closed and also know atleast 10 others which would do the same, if the car is launched.
Old 8th August 2007, 18:18   #36
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by extreme_torque View Post
I dont understand why FIAT isnt putting the 1.3 JTD in Palio.
The engine and transmission unit isn't ready at Ranjangaon yet. Apparently, Fiat and Tata are working frantically to get it up and running by the start of next year. Some guys from PUG wanted to schedule a visit to the Fiat plant and the company asked them to postpone their plans due to heavy construction work going on to get their engine unit ready.

I don't know if it's the Tata effect but this time Fiat seems to be on target with all their plans.

But yea, the Palio 1.3 Multijet will be a fabulous car. If only Fiat improves the interiors. At least give us electronic odo and trip meters! It's 2007 for God's sake!
Old 8th August 2007, 18:35   #37
Senior - BHPian

Isn't this a FIAT v/s FIAT session... 1.6 is from FIAT and DDIs is again from FIAT? Something similar to the new UTI BANK ads...UTI bank is now AXIS bank...Only the name has changed... FIAT's ENGINE is now MARUTI's! only the badging has changed!!!! Whom soever we vote for...the vote goes to FIAT only!

Last edited by amtak : 8th August 2007 at 18:36.
Old 8th August 2007, 18:48   #38
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by amtak
Whom soever we vote for...the vote goes to FIAT only!
And Suzuki smiles all the way to the bank, while Fiat is left with tbhp votes.

Quote:
Originally Posted by carboy
If it's still under warranty, you should probably get that fixed.
What was that again ? Fix the thud that many rave about here ?

Last edited by supremeBaleno : 8th August 2007 at 18:50.
Old 8th August 2007, 18:55   #39
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by supremeBaleno View Post
Not exactly, I heard FIAT gets some royality money per engine. I dont know how far it is true.
Old 8th August 2007, 18:57   #40
Team-BHP Support

Quote:
Originally Posted by amtak View Post
Isn't this a FIAT v/s FIAT session... 1.6 is from FIAT and DDIs is again from FIAT?
Problem is that 1.6 from FIAT needs TATAs to sell it.
And DDiS is bringing profits to Suzuki.
Quote:
Originally Posted by supremeBaleno View Post
Old 8th August 2007, 19:00   #41
Senior - BHPian

Palio is would have won hands down if it would have got the Swift's interior as well...!
Old 8th August 2007, 19:02   #42
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by extreme_torque
Not exactly, I heard FIAT gets some royality money per engine. I dont know how far it is true.
Maybe. But would those peanuts compare to what they would have made if they put the engine in their own car and sold it as a package ?
Old 8th August 2007, 19:20   #43
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by amtak View Post
Palio is would have won hands down if it would have got the Swift's interior as well...!
No way.... The VXI's interiors are as bland as they come! Infact I like the Palio interiors a lot more than swift's. You get brilliantly placed stereo and AC vents in the middle, illuminated power window controls, the fascia is tilted a bit towards the driver, everything falls to hand easily, you get round knobs for the temperature control and air flow direct. For a 4-5 lakh car the interiors are pretty nice, I dont know why everyone calls them horrible. Palio has the most driver friendly interiors in the small car segment right now. If nothing they are a hell lot better than Wagonr's, Santro's... swift costs a lot more.

@supreme... Its not peanuts. Close to 25k's per engine if my information is correct.

Last edited by extreme_torque : 8th August 2007 at 19:21.
Old 8th August 2007, 19:35   #44
Senior - BHPian

The Fiat Diesels torque is highly addictive. Press the throttle and you have the results. However the never ending powerband and the engine going thru the revs have no parallel on the funmost thing on a drive factor. So Palio 1.6 it is. However, hope there is a GP that can dethrone the Palio 1.6 from this crown (cos the other hot options are either dead or too costly)
Old 8th August 2007, 19:44   #45
Team-BHP Support

Quote:
Originally Posted by extreme_torque View Post
@supreme... Its not peanuts. Close to 25k's per engine if my information is correct.

25k per engine?

And, I don't understand why Suzuki should pay royalty to FIAT. Although FIAT developed the 1.3 JTD, the rights are shared by FIAT/GM (Suzuki). This is specified in the GM-FIAT seperation agreement.
Quote:
According to the Termination Agreement, signed in New York City on February 13th, 2005, GM has completed the payment to Fiat as provided in the earlier agreement.

Last edited by CrAzY dRiVeR : 8th August 2007 at 19:52.
Closed Thread

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks