Team-BHP > The Indian Car Scene
Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

Search this Thread
Old 10th August 2007, 23:27   #16
BANNED

Quote:
Originally Posted by mclaren1885 View Post
NHC hardly comes with any safety features. Atleast in India. And going by Honda's history in India, it could be as ridiculously priced as the SRV. Would it be in contention even then?

Infact, there is no point in speculating regarding the pricing. Any of the above manufacturers can either price their cars ridiculously high or do a shocker like what Maruti did with the SX4. Until the prices come out officially, it is a pointless debate. Also, do note that Indian variants might not get even 60% of the safety features that we get abroad.
hey, after the likes of swift/sx4. all the companies now know the importance of safety/luxury features too. they would come out with all the features for the top modal as standard or maybe as a option for the lower models.
dont, worry these cars are not going to be priced like SRV. succesful companies like honda,skoda are not stupid, they know that SRV has just been dumped by the public for that price.
and honda is coming out with a variant of city with all the safety features(there's already a thread on this) .
Old 10th August 2007, 23:32   #17
BANNED

Infractions: 0/1 (10)

Quote:
Originally Posted by sanchits View Post
and honda is coming out with a variant of city with all the safety features(there's already a thread on this) .

succesful companies like honda,skoda are not stupid
There was an article in one of the mags where Honda denied any re-launch of the NHC with safety features. It has been mentioned in the thread you are talking about too. So is Honda stupid? I don't think so. Each manufacturer have their own strategies. Though some of them have taken India for granted. We can only hope that the trend will change soon.

Quote:
dont, worry these cars are not going to be priced like SRV.
Too early to draw conclusions. But I can imagine that the Fabia and the Jazz are not going to come cheap.

Last edited by mclaren1885 : 10th August 2007 at 23:33.
Old 11th August 2007, 00:09   #18
BANNED

Quote:
Originally Posted by xinome View Post
"i see, curious - confused, are you"
in true words of yoda

no no never skoda fabia in the premium segment, why would you say that!
the Punto and Jazz i-dsi is in a way different class
copies, self copies and more copies!

since everyone already speculated PREMIUM segment
only one word rises : Safety & Price

but these days who cares " kick the bucket & get it done with".

Why?
just price them appropriately in the market and let the cars do all the talking, thats what the swift did do in the market, am i not rite!
thats the only reason why we welcomed the swift!
i wonder how many of you will welcome a 8 lakh and beyond hatch
hey, then why not price all the cars for 5 lacs..tht'll be soo great., then why do we pay different price among various cars in the same segment.

dude..it depends how the car is, we pay 7-8 lacs for a honda city, when we can get a similar car for 5-7 lacs. we pay a premium because its a great car, even if it is priced higher than all the other c segment cars. SX4 is also priced close to city, it doesnt have a geat engine too. people are dissatisfied with its engine but still it is proving to be a major threat to honda city. SX4 has a pathetic build quality and not so great engine but it is still selling becuase its a VFM car overall in terms of size,space, high safety/luxury features.

thats my whole point, it doesnt only depend on the price, the car should be capable of proving its price range.

dude, before swift came, we didnt even expect that people would buy a hatch for upwards of 5 lacs. getz didnt sell much, but swift did sell, because the car was capable of commanding that price.

dude,why dont you think fabia is not a premium car. its a skoda fabia, which would have impeccable build quality and interiors and a great desiel engine. i do agree that its petrol engine is not as good as the diesel . but for the skoda build quality and safety, people would buy the petrol too.

the sales of this car would prove my point. i dont have to prove it any further.

its not just about the price, the car should justify its price tag.

before anyone talks about SRV not selling at that price because it doesnt justify its price tag. its engine/gearbox is not that great or its safety/luxury features.
Old 11th August 2007, 00:21   #19
BANNED

hey guys, i dont wanna argue or fight over these cars. the sales of these cars would prove my point.
an FIY, all these cars are hugely successful in their respective markets. Grande Punto have saved fiat from going into bankruptcy and fabia has been doing wonders for skoda in terms of sales, making it their highly succesful model in Europe.

For honda jazz, if honda city is doing so well in our country, there would be no reason for jazz, not doing well.
Old 11th August 2007, 00:36   #20

guyzzzzzzzzzzzz out of d topic que. do ne1 knw when getz crdi will be launched in india???

Mod's Note: Read the posting rules immediately before you post any further. SMS lingo and unnecessary abbreviation is not allowed. Please ensure this from your next post.

Last edited by Zappo : 11th August 2007 at 01:27.
coolbuddy_anuj is offline   Received Infraction
Old 11th August 2007, 00:41   #21
BHPian

Quote:
ts not just about the price, the car should justify its price tag.

before anyone talks about SRV not selling at that price because it doesnt justify its price tag. its engine/gearbox is not that great or its safety/luxury features.
you see i already did mention this haven't i
"just price them appropriately in the market and let the cars do all the talking, thats what the swift did do in the market, am i not rite!
thats the only reason why we welcomed the swift!"

OK There you go! now you have understood the point of this thread, and what we where debating upon!

Quote:
hey guys, i dont wanna argue or fight over these cars. the sales of these cars would prove my point.
an FIY, all these cars are hugely successful in their respective markets. Grande Punto have saved fiat from going into bankruptcy and fabia has been doing wonders for skoda in terms of sales, making it their highly succesful model in Europe.

For honda jazz, if honda city is doing so well in our country, there would be no reason for jazz, not doing well.
see there is no point of debating regarding it making India's premium segment, is India ready maybe yes maybe no. we cannot be completely sure until an analysis is done!
IMHO i think its high time it all came!

also no one said these cars are not welcome, get of my porch! scat shoo whatever!
we all need our own share of punto's, golf, & the jazz.

Quote:
Too early to draw conclusions. But I can imagine that the Fabia and the Jazz are not going to come cheap.
you think! after various threads and various debates on these cars! Fabia the cake car maybe 8 lakhs par say !

Last edited by xinome : 11th August 2007 at 00:50.
Old 11th August 2007, 12:37   #22
Senior - BHPian

Though the SRV is priced like a premium hatch, it doesn't come with equivalent features. There is no ABS and just one airbag for the driver! Yes, it's big in size but is that good enough for the premium price tag? Also, there is no center arm rest for the driver and no leather. The wheelbase is 2600 mm which is what the GP has.

We can safely assume that the Honda Jazz/Fit will be a premium hatcback. Knowing Honda they wouldn't want to give us ABS and Airbags but hopefully the Swfit, Fabia and GP will force Honda to provide better features. I am sure that the Jazz will be the most expensive car to buy, it's petrol will probably cost as much as the diesels of the Fabia and GP and yet it will smoke both these cars on the sales charts. Point is the Jazz will be a super hit, no matter how Honda prices it.

Fabia is supposed to come with a 1.2 L 3 cylinder 59 bhp petrol engine. Thats in Palio Stile territory! The diesel is supposed to be a 1.4 L 3 cylinder 64-68 bhp unit. It will probably be the most fuel efficient but what about interiors where Skoda will surely go on a massive cost cutting exercise. ACI reported that Skoda is thinking of doing away with anti-roll bars to make the car affordable. If these engine options actually are true, then I, sure, wouldn't pay even Rs. 4 lakhs for the Fabia.

Only hope is the GP. Fiat, with their back to the walls, have no option but to launch the GP with latest engines and feature rich interiors.

Lets do an unofficial poll : How many of you would pay Rs. 6.75 lakhs for the Grande Punto 1.3 MJD 90 bhp, 5 speed M/T, ABS, 2 Airbags, disc brakes all round, immobilizer, fog lamps, driver arm rest and dead pedal. If they can put in climate control, it will be even better.

But in Europe, Fiat provides colour co-ordiated interiors which look sweet. Over here, they may just go the "luxurious two tone beige interiors" way.

Last edited by amit : 11th August 2007 at 12:41.
Old 11th August 2007, 13:11   #23
Team-BHP Support

Quote:
Originally Posted by amit View Post
Lets do an unofficial poll : How many of you would pay Rs. 6.75 lakhs for the Grande Punto 1.3 MJD 90 bhp, 5 speed M/T, ABS, 2 Airbags, disc brakes all round, immobilizer, fog lamps, driver arm rest and dead pedal. If they can put in climate control, it will be even better.
I'll rather have the SX4 with that fabulous engine (1.3 DDiS/JTD with VGT) and Maruti's outstanding service to go with it. Thank you!

If only they can offer the Linea at that price!
Old 11th August 2007, 13:23   #24
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by CrAzY dRiVeR View Post
I'll rather have the SX4 with that fabulous engine (1.3 DDiS/JTD with VGT) and Maruti's outstanding service to go with it. Thank you!

If only they can offer the Linea at that price!
Whoa! Where did you get the price of 6.75 lacs for the SX4? The ZXi costs approx Rs. 7.25 lacs ex showroom Mumbai! Even if the Vxi is priced at 6.75 Lacs, the DDis will be atleast 75K more, so 7.5 lacs ex-showroom Mumbai for SX4 DDis. And remember this is the VDi we are talking about.

Note: SX4 price is from the Maruti website. Wonder why they are not showing prices of the VXi?
Old 11th August 2007, 13:30   #25
Team-BHP Support

Quote:
Whoa! Where did you get the price of 6.75 lacs for the SX4? The ZXi costs approx Rs. 7.25 lacs ex showroom Mumbai! Even if the Vxi is priced at 6.75 Lacs, the DDis will be atleast 75K more, so 7.5 lacs ex-showroom Mumbai for SX4 DDis. And remember this is the VDi we are talking about.
Actually, i am not saying they'll have same price. But, don't think i'll pay 6.75L for a hatch, if i can get the SX4 DDiS (or Linea, may be) by paying 75k more.

May be, its just me!
Old 11th August 2007, 14:04   #26
Distinguished - BHPian

Quote:
Point is the Jazz will be a super hit, no matter how Honda prices it.
I agree. Expect a 3-6 month waiting list for the entry level Jazz.
Old 11th August 2007, 16:11   #27
GTO
Team-BHP Support

I am darn curious to see how our market accepts the premium hatchbacks. With the premium price.
Old 11th August 2007, 17:27   #28
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by mclaren1885 View Post
There was an article in one of the mags where Honda denied any re-launch of the NHC with safety features. It has been mentioned in the thread you are talking about too. So is Honda stupid? I don't think so. Each manufacturer have their own strategies. Though some of them have taken India for granted. We can only hope that the trend will change soon.

Expect the prices as;
Fabia : 7.2 - 8.7 lacs
Jazz : 6.8 - 8.5 lacs
Punto : 5.75 - 7.4 lacs

Expect FIAT to launch a stripped down version here. And for sure, TATA will launch their version of premium hatch after FIAT's launch
Old 12th August 2007, 03:04   #29
BANNED

what are those prices???

Quote:
Originally Posted by breezydrive View Post
Expect the prices as;
Fabia : 7.2 - 8.7 lacs
Jazz : 6.8 - 8.5 lacs
Punto : 5.75 - 7.4 lacs

Expect FIAT to launch a stripped down version here. And for sure, TATA will launch their version of premium hatch after FIAT's launch
dude, those are really high prices, these cars are premium hatches not luxury hatches.
the fabia - is expected to be in the price range of 5 - 7 lacs...this is confirmed, a fully loaded diesel might go upto 7.5(not sure). but no way in the 8 lacs bracket....
Grande Punto - fiat cant price its cars high as its not doing that well in india, and to make a mark, they would keep a killer pricing for Punto and autocar has said that it might start from as low as 4.5 lacs. therefore pricing for punto
4.5 - 6.5 lacs
jazz - cant say much about this car as its far from launch, but it cant and it wont be priced more than a honda city. so keep it in the price bracket of 5 -7 lacs

so i believe all these cars would be priced very similarly and wont cross the 8 lac mark.

the pricing would largely depend on the engine options, and the diesel would cost the highest and would not exceed the 6.5 - 7.5 lac bracket.

but, fiat might give a shocker pricing for its Punto, lets wait and watch.
Old 12th August 2007, 03:15   #30
BANNED

bang on..

Quote:
Though the SRV is priced like a premium hatch, it doesn't come with equivalent features. There is no ABS and just one airbag for the driver! Yes, it's big in size but is that good enough for the premium price tag? Also, there is no center arm rest for the driver and no leather. The wheelbase is 2600 mm which is what the GP has.

We can safely assume that the Honda Jazz/Fit will be a premium hatcback. Knowing Honda they wouldn't want to give us ABS and Airbags but hopefully the Swfit, Fabia and GP will force Honda to provide better features. I am sure that the Jazz will be the most expensive car to buy, it's petrol will probably cost as much as the diesels of the Fabia and GP and yet it will smoke both these cars on the sales charts. Point is the Jazz will be a super hit, no matter how Honda prices it.

Fabia is supposed to come with a 1.2 L 3 cylinder 59 bhp petrol engine. Thats in Palio Stile territory! The diesel is supposed to be a 1.4 L 3 cylinder 64-68 bhp unit. It will probably be the most fuel efficient but what about interiors where Skoda will surely go on a massive cost cutting exercise. ACI reported that Skoda is thinking of doing away with anti-roll bars to make the car affordable. If these engine options actually are true, then I, sure, wouldn't pay even Rs. 4 lakhs for the Fabia.

Only hope is the GP. Fiat, with their back to the walls, have no option but to launch the GP with latest engines and feature rich interiors.

But in Europe, Fiat provides colour co-ordiated interiors which look sweet. Over here, they may just go the "luxurious two tone beige interiors" way.
way to go, amit, you are probably the first one to agree with me about the SRV, not being premium enough in terms of safety/luxury features and interiors, the size and space are not the only aspects.

i do agree that if skoda goes on a cost cutting spree, and doesnt give the quality and features, i would not buy it, that too for such a low powered engine, though fuel efficient, but if i am going for a premium hatch, i would like some power too.

but, i am ready to buy the awesomely hot fiat GP for 6.75 lacs with the diesel engine and all those features. dude, this would be the biggest among the hatches(except SRV). it has a wheelbase of around 2500mm and would be the most spacious among all the upcoming hatches.
i hope they give it a killer pricing.

jazz, being a honda, would sell, period. it would have the great petrol engine of the city and honda might give all the safety features too.
but, it would be priced below the city, thats for sure.

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks