Team-BHP > The Indian Car Scene
Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

Search this Thread
Old 14th August 2007, 20:00   #46
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jaggu View Post
stock tyres on most of indian cars are inadequate, till say 8 lakh bracket
You are probably very right on this, even My Ikon's braking changed drastically post switching to the F1 GSD-II's. Now its Braking, although leaves something to be desired, is not that bad. But on Ikon's case, its fine without ABS as the brake assist is so poor that its wheels do not lock up.
Old 16th August 2007, 12:00   #47
Team-BHP Support

Quote:
Originally Posted by rjstyles69 View Post
Exactly did that deter other people from buying Verna's ?
Let me add another one here. Just because one Fiesta stalled when wading through a flooded street, did that deter other people from buying Fiestas' ?
Old 16th August 2007, 12:39   #48
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by iraghava View Post
Also for the skidding I think quite a bit of the blame also lies with the stock Bridgestone S322 tyres, they are hard & are woefully short of grip for a car with decent power.

Bridgestone S322's were stock on my S10 and the car was prone to skidding even at 60-70kmph under slightly hard braking in dry conditions! I changed over to Michellin's and since then the car has never skidded even in wet conditions.
Old 16th August 2007, 12:48   #49
BHPian

Why Not !

Quote:

Why flame honda for it?

Cos they dont even have it as an option??!!
Thats truely a non-redeamable offence.

Forget about the "premium" one pays over other 100 bhp cars (Hondas always will), they still cannot be let off ,..cos safety features MUST be available at least as an option (ABS / AIRBAGS) !!
Old 16th August 2007, 13:24   #50
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Cos they dont even have it as an option??!!
Thats truely a non-redeamable offence.
And if I may ask, what took you this long to voice this out ? From your profile I see that you too drive a NHC .
Old 16th August 2007, 13:42   #51
BHPian

Quote:
And if I may ask, what took you this long to voice this out ? From your profile I see that you too drive a NHC .
Thats Cos I read this thread just now Bud !!

Good car for sedate motoring, doesn't inspire confidence one bit at tripple digits speeds. The light playstation like steering is great while parking but just doesn't work when you are tuning in minor corrections, and expecting it to give you the necssary feedback at tripple digit speeds.

I miss my old No power anything Zen, cos that was a hoot to drive,when I was in Bengalooru last year my freind !!
Old 16th August 2007, 14:12   #52
BANNED

The NHC Vtec Skidding issue is a totally absurd !!

Any non-ABS car would get it's wheels locked up under hard braking @ 60 kmph.

Some body give the keys of a SX4( non ABS ) and I will make it lock it's wheels @ 40 kmph( that is if the brakes are in condition ).

And Rubin get your story straight ( and your punctuations )

Here is a eye- opener for you.

NHC was launched in Nov 2003, when it was the only car to have tubeless tyres at that price . Although the Corolla did not

NHC had EPS and Corolla not.

NHC had Head light adjusters and Corolla not

NHC has the best interiors and the ICE in it's class .

NHC has the best fit and finish in it's class.

NHC has the most accurate Odo and Speedo in it's class.

NHC does not have clutch and and power window button problems with in 2-2.5 months of purchase. HONDA stands for Quality.

NHC is light years ahead of SX4 in NVH, Fit n Finish and quality of equipment ( The Nippon thing in the SX4 is a Joke ).Some quality desired when some one pays 7.5-8 lacs. Actually even the Verna is better than SX4.

Agree the SX4 ZXi has "balloons" ( Airbags ) and " Microchip brakes" ( ABS ) but it took MUL 3.5 years , solely out of desperation to come up a competitor and it will take few months for NHC with balloons and microchip brakes with smoke the SX4.

Not every body can wait till 2007 to buy a car, when and if MUL comes up with a car.
Old 16th August 2007, 14:31   #53
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dinesh99 View Post
Why don't you contribute constructively to this thread mate? Lets leave these ridiculous generalizations out of it shall we?

This is not a NHC marketing thread in case that's what you've mistaken this for.

Last edited by suman : 16th August 2007 at 14:33.
Old 16th August 2007, 14:50   #54
BANNED

I agree man. Driver should anticpate and brake appropriately. He can't panic, hit the brakes and when it locks up, blame the brakes. Even ABS won't of much help in this case if cannot find a place to steer. Airbags might cushion him from the metals and save his life. But ABS & Airbags will give these drivers a sense of invincibility. We have read in mythology what people do when they are invincible
Quote:

Some body give the keys of a SX4( non ABS ) and I will make it lock it's wheels @ 40 kmph( that is if the brakes are in condition ).

NHC was launched in Nov 2003, when it was the only car to have tubeless tyres at that price . Although the Corolla did not

NHC does not have clutch and and power window button problems with in 2-2.5 months of purchase. HONDA stands for Quality.

NHC is light years ahead of SX4 in NVH, Fit n Finish and quality of equipment ( The Nippon thing in the SX4 is a Joke ).Some quality desired when some one pays 7.5-8 lacs. Actually even the Verna is better than SX4.

Agree the SX4 ZXi has "balloons" ( Airbags ) and " Microchip brakes" ( ABS ) but it took MUL 3.5 years , solely out of desperation to come up a competitor and it will take few months for NHC with balloons and microchip brakes with smoke the SX4.

Not every body can wait till 2007 to buy a car, when and if MUL comes up with a car.
Old 16th August 2007, 14:53   #55
Senior - BHPian

Quote:

Pure rubbish. Else you'd be hearing screeching tires from all directions everytime you went onto the road.

Quote:

How does it matter when all it has is a crapola 77bhp engine, horrid handling dynamics, a steering wheel with no feel that feels light at high speeds, ugliest exteriors in its class. All it boasts is good FE.

The VTEC engine was added as an afterthought... since enthusiasts shied away from the car in hordes. But look at the price to pay for that extra power.

Quote:
If anyone gets clutch issues in 2.5 months, the car is a lemon.

Quote:
Agreed but it still doesnt make the NHC a good car.

Quote:

I'd rather take a car with the "balloons" and "Microchip brakes" than without one. Atleast I'd be safer in case of an accident than the poor soul driving an NHC cos the balloons will inflate and save me while the NHC driver would hit his head on the steering wheel. Also in case you didn't know, the "balloons" are mandatory in most European countries and in the US.

I'm outta this thread.
Old 16th August 2007, 14:58   #56
Team-BHP Support

Ok, ok. Cool down people.

Dinesh99, I would suggest you immediately go through the posting rules before you post any further on this board. Will take up this issue with you over the PM.
Old 16th August 2007, 14:59   #57
Team-BHP Support

Quote:
When you pay more for a bigger car, this is what one wants to avoid. Safety should increase for segments.
Quote:
'Had'! Market has moved on. Now, you could get hatchbacks with all these features!
Quote:
HONDA stands for Quality.Some quality desired when some one pays 7.5-8 lacs. Actually even the Verna is better than SX4.
Some SAFETY (Atleast as option) desired when someone pays 7.5-8 lacs!
Quote:
And now its upto HONDA to do the catching up!
Quote:
No idea at all what you meant. 2007 is almost two thirds over!

Last edited by CrAzY dRiVeR : 16th August 2007 at 15:03.
Old 16th August 2007, 15:07   #58
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
A lot of cars don't lock up.

Quote:

Thats a new one!

Quote:
So you think MUL launched the SX4 with ABS and Airbags out of desperation. You said Honda launched the NHC in 2003. What stopped them from launching the car with ABS and Airbags then? Using your logic, Honda has also taken 3.5 years, solely out of desperation to come out with balloons and microchip brakes.
Old 16th August 2007, 15:11   #59
BANNED

Infractions: 0/1 (10)

Now now, aren't all newbie posts monitored? How did this slip past the watchful eyes?
Old 16th August 2007, 15:22   #60
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by mclaren1885 View Post
Now now, aren't all newbie posts monitored? How did this slip past the watchful eyes?
Hush, Rahul, hush ! But Zappo has taken it up appropriately now

Quote:
Originally Posted by diabloo View Post
I agree man. Driver should anticpate and brake appropriately. He can't panic, hit the brakes and when it locks up, blame the brakes. Even ABS won't of much help in this case if cannot find a place to steer. Airbags might cushion him from the metals and save his life. But ABS & Airbags will give these drivers a sense of invincibility. We have read in mythology what people do when they are invincible
Errr, what exactly are you saying & whom are you agreeing with?

Last edited by suman : 16th August 2007 at 15:24.

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks