Team-BHP > The Indian Car Scene
Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

Search this Thread
Old 17th March 2024, 18:11   #16
Distinguished - BHPian

Re: The things you miss about your ex-cars

Scorpio 2.6 DI: Absolute ruggedness and raw mechanical feel.

Honda Jazz: visibility. From the front as well as the sides, no car has ever come close.

Honda City diesel: Reliability. Car never broke down on us or left us stranded ever, in a 10 year 190k km ownership.
Shreyans_Jain is offline   (3) Thanks
Old 17th March 2024, 18:15   #17
Distinguished - BHPian

I miss the simple and sweet manual gearbox in my Maruti SX4. Both my current cars are AT, and in general I miss shifting gears manually. My SX4 had a smooth shifting manual gearbox with precise shifts.

I miss manual transmission and gear shifting so much that I am dreaming of buying an old car with a simple manual transmission, just for the joy of driving a manual car. I regret selling my SX4 for this reason.

Last edited by Dr.AD : 17th March 2024 at 18:17.
Dr.AD is offline   (11) Thanks
Old 18th March 2024, 09:44   #18

Thank you for initiating a very interesting thread.

This post is for remembering my previous car, Vento TDi (1.6). I had this car from 2011 to 2020. I miss the torque available from ~1800rpm onwards and how sweetly it offered torque in an uniform straight line. Mine was one of the first few models so it also had amazing build quality (Something which I found changed over a period of time with the Vento, IMHO)
I also miss the double barrel horn that VW used to initially offer in the car, something which makes a huge difference on our roads.
I also miss the sheer sturdiness of the car and the maintenance free ownership period which lasted me more than 100,000kms of smiles all the way.

Although my TRoc does make amends on the power delivery bit and the vehicle quality bit, the maintenance is something which is gnawing away at my overall ownership experience. Hopefully this should change with time. The horn, for one, has had to be replaced 4 times (2 under warranty and 2 under paid) for an ownership period of 3 years!! And it is also not effective.

As they say, on a lighter vein, you probably only remember the value of your ex once you have broken up! Or in this case, outlasted the road worthiness.
aditya969 is offline   (2) Thanks
Old 18th March 2024, 09:59   #19

I miss my 2013 XUV for its high speed manners but only in comparison to our current ScorpioN. Another thing I miss about it is even though it had the same 2.2mHawk it felt noticeably more eager despite having lower power and torque although that could also be attributed to the monocoque platform.
The car I miss the most though is my 2010 Honda City, beautiful engine, light clutch and positively slotting short throw gearshifts. Loved redlining it to high heavens and beyond.
Autocaptive is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 18th March 2024, 10:00   #20
BHPian

Our 2010 Dzire Vxi

I miss the absolute reliability, or rather the zero niggle experience in 9 years of ownership. Never had to visit MASS other than for timely service. Also sat in a Jazz petrol the other day and had completely forgotten how silent these can be. Need a petrol ASAP before the EVs take over.

The Hexa, meanwhile keeps throwing up some minor niggle here and there. No it's not the typical Tata horror story (touchwood) but still. Especially when service is due. Almost as if it knows a visit is nearing.

The Hexa is a great car in comparison though. I'd pick it over any Maruti or most Japs/Koreans considering the character. Even with all the minor irritants it makes us happy in a way the Dzire never could.
TROOPER is offline   (2) Thanks
Old 18th March 2024, 10:03   #21
BHPian

Miss my first car - a pre-owned Brio S MT - such a fun little thing it was.. extremely convenient in the city with a wonderfully small turning radius, a creamy engine paired with a spot on gearbox and light clutch and the car was quite fuel efficient! I regularly got about 13-14kmpl in the city and 18-19kmpl on highways. While we sold the car in 2 years mainly because we started doing outstation trips and the car did not have airbags then, I feel bad not having been able to retain the car purely for the practicality it offered in the city.

My second car - VW Polo GT 1.2 TSI - again, a potent yet compact package! Its so disheartening to see that there is no replacement for a fun compact hatchback these days. Had a lot of fun for about 4.5 years with various road trips. This one also gave surprising fuel economy numbers of 12kmpl in the city and 17kmpl on the highway. What I really miss about this car is the fantastic 7 speed DSG which I think is the benchmark of gearboxes for all cars under 20 Lakhs, the solid build and paint quality of the car and the fantastic high speed stability. It felt rock solid doing insane speeds on the highway without much vibrations or noise.
Masalawheelz is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 18th March 2024, 10:17   #22
BHPian

My previous car before my current daily was a Mahindra/Renault Logan 1.4 GLX.

Absolute joke of a car but if there is one thing that the French do the right it is the suspension. Really miss the suspension setup of that car, it could truly glide over Mumbai roads with ease.

All my cars post that have been German, the suspension, while sporty just needs an excuse to crash and bang.
Old 18th March 2024, 10:19   #23
BHPian

Some of the exclusive features from all the cars I owned that I miss are

2013 Acura TL - Nice soft feel plastics on the dashboard and door pads, the door pads had the kind of plastics that are missing even on Audi A6/Mercedes E Class of today!

2019 Ecosport - Steering feedback of this is something I have never experienced with other cars I have driven! (except my uncle's first generation Ford Figo!)

Most of all, I miss the physical HVAC controls on our 2023 Octavia, this was a stupid omission!
Old 18th March 2024, 10:29   #24
Senior - BHPian

Since I have owned multiple cars through the years, it would be difficult to narrow down the list , but if I ever have to ,it would be three things from this car:
1) The body which looks like its sculpted out of a rock.
2) The solid "thunk" of the doors (for whatever its worth)
3) The convenience of a push button boot opener situated on the dashboard. This is one ergonomic convenience that makes me wonder why it is not a standard feature on every car by now.
Attached Thumbnails
The things you miss about your ex-cars-20120109-10.18.51.jpg  

fhdowntheline is online now   (4) Thanks
Old 18th March 2024, 10:41   #25
Senior - BHPian

What I miss of my previous cars-
2013 Honda Amaze Dtec- The stellar mileage champion! I could easily get 20-22 KMPL from this motor in city conditions! If driven at 80, this engine breached 30 KMPL mark many times. Who the hell needs an EV with this kind of mileage!

2020 Ecosport S TDCI-

The steering. Nothing comes close to this steering PERIOD. Just point and shoot. Effortlessly light at city speeds and rock solid weighty at highway. How much more perfect could it get?

Puddle lamps- I always they elevated the feel of car everytime it was unlocked and we approached it. It had also prevented us many times from stepping into a puddle, cow dung, slush etc.

Suspension setup- Ok it was stiff, and damn stiff. Everyone including me complained it's so stiff ride in city. But once it was on the open roads, and you were gunning that engine, the car stayed so planted as if it was held on by some glue. The negligible body roll was even better!

I had purchased this beauty pre owned at 9.65L at scratchless condition. I only sold it off because I got stellar value after driving for 3.5 Years and 30 K Kms (9Lakh). But still miss the superb control and poise of Ecosport. Damn you Ford, for leaving us with great memories!
Attached Thumbnails
The things you miss about your ex-cars-img_20210208_092205.jpg  

The things you miss about your ex-cars-screenshot_2021061709152551.jpg  

The things you miss about your ex-cars-img_20240318_103855.jpg  

07CR is offline   (6) Thanks
Old 18th March 2024, 10:43   #26

I currently own a pre-worshipped 2018 facelift Creta diesel automatic. Wouldn't have upgraded from my pre-worshipped Ritz ZXi CNG had it been an automatic. I miss the fuel efficiency (man, I am so middle-class), zippiness, brake biting power/feedback and most of all, height adjustable seatbelts :(
Old 18th March 2024, 10:49   #27
BHPian

Our previous car, a 2005 WagonR VXi that we recently sold, was the one I learned to drive on. I still miss the precise steering feedback it offered, compared to the newer Santro and Brezza I drive more often these days.
The 1.1-liter Japanese engine's induction noise was truly fantastic when pushed hard. In contrast, the Santro feels strained after exceeding 5,000 RPM.

https://photos.app.goo.gl/PsR8R8sWAzynAiVJ7

Last edited by pandu1564 : 18th March 2024 at 11:09.
Old 18th March 2024, 11:02   #28
BHPian

I miss my 2015 Tata Zest's ground clearance, robustness, paint quality and Harmon Kardon music set up. My current ride is 5th Gen Honda City and though it doesn't scrap unlike the popular perception, I do have to be careful over speed brakers and potholes. I never had to worry about these things in my Tata Zest. It would just glide through even with a full load. Also, the paint quality of the 2015 Tata Zest was way better than 2021 Honda City. Enough has been said about the Honda City's music system. The speakers are weak and you really have to pump up the volume to feel the baas and base. The Harmon-Kardon set up in the Zest was a punch above the rest for that price and segment. Sometimes, I do wonder why didn't Tata put any marketing effort for Zest to sell but that's a topic for another day.

Last edited by sam264_2000 : 18th March 2024 at 11:04. Reason: Corrected the format
Old 18th March 2024, 11:18   #29
Senior - BHPian

May be an exception but I hardly miss anything from my previous cars. There is nothing to specifically write about my Wagon R or the Estilo. The 3OO makes up pretty much for everything and above the segment.
Old 18th March 2024, 11:26   #30
BHPian

I miss the ride quality of the Duster, the way it glides over bad patches of road without making it feel is priceless, I wonder why other manufacturers are not able steal / learn from the duster suspensions / ride parameters

I currently drive Scorpio N, there is a Rapid, XUV700 and Swift in the family but none matches duster for the way it rides.
Asoon is offline   (1) Thanks

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks