Mercedes A35 AMG for me.

300 BHP for 65 Lakhs on road
Attached Thumbnails
Most VFM Luxury Cars in today's market-amga35amga35limousineleftsideview.jpeg  

Haze is online now   (22) Thanks
Old 23rd May 2024, 11:07   #17
BHPian

Re: Most VFM Luxury Cars in today's market

Some would argue that this is not a “luxury car” in the traditional sense but the BYD Seal provides immense value for money not only with an insane price to performance and range ratio but also with a very premium fit and finish that feels 90% as well put together as a BMW or Mercedes.

Most VFM Luxury Cars in today's market-img_8128.jpeg

The BMW M340i is the reasonably priced performance car all enthusiasts were hoping for and BMW finally chose to give it to us in a CKD format. The B58 is a great engine in stock form but also has immense tuning potential and known as the “Modern 2JZ” amongst enthusiast communities. This will go down in history as one of the best value performance cars we ever got in India.

Most VFM Luxury Cars in today's market-dsc_7665.jpeg

At just over ₹2CR, it would be considered ridiculous to call something value for money but the BMW i7 absolutely blew me away. It’s got the best backseat in the segment where a 6 foot adult could fully stretch out in the lounge mode, get pampered by strong seat ventilation and massaging, enjoy your favourite movie on a massive 8K screen and when you’re done, the car can automatically open and close all 4 doors. The ride quality is truly phenomenal and the NVH is pretty much non existent even in comparison to an S Class. This is truly all the ultra luxury car you ever need and seems like a proper value proposition in comparison to a Maybach (₹3.5CR), Bentley (₹6.5CR) or a Rolls Royce (₹8.5CR).

Most VFM Luxury Cars in today's market-img_7902.jpeg
Kevinrevvz is offline   (28) Thanks
Old 23rd May 2024, 11:26   #18
BHPian

Infractions: 0/1 (5)

Quote:
Originally Posted by Haze View Post
Mercedes A35 AMG for me.

300 BHP for 65 Lakhs on road
You beat me to this mate.
My all time favorite and a superb car at that price point with one of the most wanted logos on top.
Rohitthebest is offline   (2) Thanks
Old 23rd May 2024, 11:31   #19
BHPian

The best VFM is A35 and GLA35.
OTR <72l in most states.
8 years warranty for engine, turbo and gearbox.

The only issue is A35 has very less GC.

Next is the 340i but prices has been on the raise always.

In TN current OTR is 90l+
Tvk1991 is offline   (2) Thanks
Old 23rd May 2024, 11:42   #20
BHPian

For me it has to be the Mercedes E 53 AMG, yes it’s a previous generation E class but it has got that oomph factor in it. Where the E 53 cost 1.06 cr, the E 63 at 1.77cr feels too costly, C 43 at 98 also feels over priced.
Attached Thumbnails
Most VFM Luxury Cars in today's market-img_1381.jpeg  

sachin_cs is offline   (12) Thanks
Old 23rd May 2024, 11:50   #21
BHPian

If we are ready to see beyond the badges and looks, I might add that Hyundai Ioniq 5 is a proper luxury car for 45L on road in Bangalore. Its interior is more luxurious than most entry level luxury cars and it drives very, very well.
shobhit.shri is offline   (11) Thanks
Old 23rd May 2024, 13:29   #22
BHPian

Infractions: 0/1 (4)

Quote:
Originally Posted by shobhit.shri View Post
If we are ready to see beyond the badges and looks, I might add that Hyundai Ioniq 5 is a proper luxury car for 45L on road in Bangalore. Its interior is more luxurious than most entry level luxury cars and it drives very, very well.
Unfortunately the IONIQ 5 is no longer 45L on road in Bangalore. After the recent hike of 10% road tax on EVs, it’s around 53-54 lakhs OTR.

However I agree that it’s a banger of a car. Drove this and the BYD Seal (mid variant) back to back and while the BYD is more performant the interiors of the IONIQ and the comfort was at another level, while being plenty fast for our roads.

I ended up not booking it in the end just to spite on KA government for road tax hike
darkgamer is offline   (3) Thanks
Old 23rd May 2024, 13:46   #23
BANNED

BMW M340i
Name:  Screenshot 31.png
Views: 359
Size:  735.8 KB
At 72 Lakhs you're basically getting a inline-6 sleeper sedan with more than 300BHP that's more than enough. Yes the BYD Seal gives 500BHP at 20 lakhs lesser cost at 50 lakhs but its electric and cannot give the sound of the B58 from the 340i. Although it will be a pain to drive it in the city as the car lacks adaptive dampers which its cross/SUV counterpart the X3 M40i has at a price of 1 crore.

Used Mercedes ML/GLE
Most VFM Luxury Cars in today's market-screenshot-32.png
A used 2nd hand ML/GLE 250 CDI makes up for a great daily driver with adequate performance. With plenty of ML 250 CDI's flooded in the used car market it won't be an issue to find one although you will have to be careful to find a well maintained accidental free one.
Thedgarage is offline   (6) Thanks
Old 23rd May 2024, 15:10   #24
BHPian

For me the Most VFM luxury car in sedan category will be below in Decreasing order to preference:

Sedan
  1. Audi A4- For the obvious reasons stated by many members in this thread.
  2. Toyota Camry- Just for the sheer reliability for next 20 odd years, and unbeatable FE from its hybrid power train. absolutely no fear of it getting banned under any mindless NGT ban. I can live with the absence of few features like 360 camera or funky cabin.
  3. Skoda Octavia (When re-launched) last generation model was the most VFM car in the 35-40 lakh bracket. Yes I am calling it luxury now because, going by the recent stunt by Skoda when they lunched Superb at 60 lakh OTR, I am very much sure the new Octavia will follow the same suit. there will be addition of new features bringing it at par with its European variant. the price too will be north of 45 lakh. but comparatively it will still be an VFM car for me.

I have no taste or experience in driving the Luxury SUVs so far, hence will keep my opinion to myself.
Strider24 is offline   (3) Thanks
Old 23rd May 2024, 15:15   #25
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Thedgarage View Post
BMW M340i
Attachment 2608728
At 72 Lakhs you're basically getting a inline-6 sleeper sedan with more than 300BHP that's more than enough.
Your location says Chennai, which, AFAIK, has slightly higher Road Tax rates, so how on earth are you getting a 340i for 72 lakhs? And if you are, please arrange one for me as well.

Distinguished-BHPian 84.monsoon says a 340i costs 95 Lakhs on-road Chennai.
And 73 and 95 are are almost a quarter of a crore apart.

And now I'm genuinely puzzled. :confused

Just how much does the darn thing cost?
Attached Thumbnails
Most VFM Luxury Cars in today's market-screenshot_20240523150545178_com.android.chrome.jpg  

Haze is online now   (7) Thanks
Old 23rd May 2024, 15:21   #26
Senior - BHPian

My pick would be the Defender and the M340i.

Sure Defender prices are going up but I still feel you get a lot of proper SUV for the price. It looks the part, man what street presence, has a fair bit of equipment and can do the hardcore stuff if you want it to. And a total stand out from the crowd. I even love the short wheel base 90.

The M340i was complete VFM right from the day it launched and it holds true even today. I feel what the M340i offers in terms of power is in all honesty, just the right number of horsepower you need to enjoy when you drive living in a metro city or a town. It will put a smile on your face every single time. Plus you get a host of official M goodies for it too.

Would also want to mention the Kodiaq. Its all the car you need for under 50 lakh rupees and is tremendous VFM. Good feature list and while the 2.0 TSI might be on the thirstier side, it is quick and good enough power at 190 hp. Makes me think spending more for a badge irrelevant.
Dippy is offline   (5) Thanks
Old 23rd May 2024, 16:34   #27
BHPian

Not exactly falling in Luxury space, nonetheless, equally capable car: VW Tiguan valued at 36 L OTR with FOC 4 yr service package and warranty. Ofcourse it was 2023 models discounted in April 2024 to push left-out stock, but still a super VFM international product.
Its perfect mix of practicality, Build quality and Reliable luxury.

M340i for those looking for performance car. there are limited option in such displacement range and M340i nails it with respect to price.

IN 1 Cr plus space, Porsche Cayenne would be my pic. In that bracket something exclusive needs to be there. Think about this, why is there a separate lounge for First class and even business class?
Mission_PGPX is offline   (2) Thanks
Old 23rd May 2024, 16:47   #28
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Haze View Post
Your location says Chennai, which, AFAIK, has slightly higher Road Tax rates, so how on earth are you getting a 340i for 72 lakhs? And if you are, please arrange one for me as well.

Distinguished-BHPian 84.monsoon says a 340i costs 95 Lakhs on-road Chennai.
And 73 and 95 are are almost a quarter of a crore apart.

And now I'm genuinely puzzled. :confused

Just how much does the darn thing cost?
Pondicherry has only ~15-20% road tax as compared to Chennai
ritesh_44 is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 23rd May 2024, 17:36   #29
Distinguished - BHPian

I don't think there is a single luxury car in India that is VFM at it's sticker price. Each one is highly inflated, especially post covid. Discounts are finally back and only the value of these keeps varying month on month, model on model and generation on generation.

So if i have to sum it up, my answer to this question is- The most VFM luxury car is the one that is discounted right at the end of this generation after the new one is internationally launched.

Case in point, at this time - The Camry currently at 10L off is great VFM.

Lastly, if you want VFM in the luxury segment all year round,then go preloved!
Sahil is offline   (31) Thanks
Old 23rd May 2024, 18:37   #30
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Doonite View Post
Since it's VFM and luxury together, I would give my vote to Audi A4.
Even I cant think of many cars these days apart from the A4, when it comes to value luxury. As some have stated M340i is still a good value for what the car offers.

Rachit
Rachit.K.Dogra is offline   (2) Thanks

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks