Team-BHP > The Indian Car Scene
Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

View Poll Results: WagonR v/s Santro v/s Indica - Which one is ur choice??
WagonR 70 37.63%
Santro 55 29.57%
Indica 61 32.80%
Voters: 186. You may not vote on this poll

Search this Thread
Old 19th September 2004, 10:28   #31
Team-BHP Support

Quote:
Originally Posted by [b
Quote[/b] (GTO @ Sep. 19 2004,01:18)]
Quote:
Originally Posted by [b
Quote[/b] ]

but talking about Indica Petrols... why is that they are seen rarely on roads...
To put it simply, they are pathetic. The engine block is exactly the same between the diesel and the petrol. It is damn unrefined and not too fuel-efficient either.
There is a nice stockpile of petrol CityRovers if you are interested ? Indicas with a carpet and some chrome !
Old 19th September 2004, 12:31   #32
Senior - BHPian

i cannot understand why those englishmen find cityrover a decent car...
Old 19th September 2004, 12:31   #33
Senior - BHPian

Old 19th September 2004, 16:59   #34
Senior - BHPian

i think the santro is the only car of these 3 a that has a dead pedal.it is of great help.
i recently met a friend who used to swear by the zen.now he has bought a xing and he is really happy.the main rason he opted for the xing was beacuse of the way the enw zen looks.
but now he says that the seats are very much better ,though he cannot take corners the way he used to take in a zen.
but he says its amuch better car.

the wagon r looks like a box on wheels. .
Old 19th September 2004, 17:20   #35
SLK
Senior - BHPian

Santro has a dead pedal? u sure?
and also i don't understand... y does one need a dead pedal?....
Santro is a better family car than zen.... and so is wagonR. but if u are driving alone.... zen would be a bit better.
Old 19th September 2004, 18:33   #36
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by [b
Quote[/b] ]Santro has a dead pedal? u sure?
yes , the santro has a dead pedal.

the main advantage of a dead pedal is that, u dont rest ur left leg on the clutch causing it to wear out fast.

with the dead pedal u can shift gears and have a comfortable bed to rest ur left leg on....

helps when u r cornering hard too..u need that support beneath ur left leg..

cheers
Old 20th September 2004, 00:47   #37
Senior - BHPian

Santro has a dead pedal!!!....

Mate... i am 5' 11 ... and i drive WagonR.... and i never felt a need for a dead pedal...
Reason:
With so much front legroom, i rest left foot on the floor itself...

So the dead pedal is a no issue.....
Old 20th September 2004, 00:53   #38
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by [b
Quote[/b] (speedsatya @ Sep. 19 2004,15:29)]the wagon r looks like a box on wheels. .
As far as the saying that wagonR looks like a Box on wheels... mate, Santro Xing looks like a Football on wheels... but mate u cant score goals with it.....

Recently at Nehru Place parking i happened to just touch a Santro with my WagonR's front Bumper... and guess what... a big Dent on Santro... its made of plastic or what.......
Old 20th September 2004, 01:30   #39
Senior - BHPian

i voted the indica,

i owned an indica petrol V2 LXi for two yrs, apart from fuel economy which was jus abt 10kmpl in city...but not too bad on the highway (15kmpl), neways reasons as to y the indica n not the more popular options....

The Indica is a very spacious car (even my current car an accent seems cramped at the rear in comparison).

Amazing performance for 4.36 lakhs, it was a petrol mind you, used to sound really good after 3500 rpm, however most people found the engine noise n vibration intrusive...but not me. *

I drove the car pretty rough most of the times, only one problem in 35000kms of running was burnt wiring to the fuel pump, maybe because i was redlining it all the time. Apart from that it was a really good car. Too bad i had to let go of it. Damn the rising price of petrol. * i've switched to diesel now. CRDi all the way!
Old 27th October 2004, 01:22   #40
Distinguished - BHPian

well i voted for wagonR as a city car as it is more comfortable to drive but if i had to buy one , i would go for a palio..
my brother was facing the same choices + palio
heck i even leant him my palio to test but in the end since he owned a santro he decided to go for a new one as even though he liked the wagonR, his wife thought the santro looked better and told him to go fo the santro

p.s - he was considering the ikon and esteem too but he banged his old santro and his budget therefore became more constrained...

cheers
Old 10th November 2004, 15:10   #41
BHPian

I thought I'd resurrect this thread one more time..... Now with the recent Hyundai offer, Santro XG is about 12K cheaper than WagonR Vxi....... and courtsey a last minute decison of not selling my 800, I would have to chose between the two as opposed to a midsizer. I was leaning towards the WagonR as I have driven Marutis for many years and generally like Japanese engines. But this deal is forcing me to change my mind....... The driving is going to be 80% city and 20% highway. The city is bangalore so the car needs to be built well to withstand the daily punishment dished out by the roads here.

What do you guys say?
Old 10th November 2004, 23:49   #42
Senior - BHPian

If u have driven Marutis before, i would suggest you the WagonR.. as the position of pedals in Santro and clutch release may take some time to get used to.. also since WagonR gives about 1~2km more per litre than Santro, i guess the 12k cost would easily be recovered... i strongly suggest you a Black WagonR VXI with rear Spoilar and tinted glasses... its looks tooo cute.... and by the way.. isnt Santro XING XS the premium model of Santro..??
Old 19th February 2005, 23:58   #43

iv'e voted indica.. my petrol.... beaten many friggin santros and wagonr on expressway FLAT whizzing past them...

thats it... and yea... the space and cheap to maintain bla bla bla.... and yea the hot hatchback looks of the new v2 rocks! especially the aluminium white dials!

driven a wagonr... didnt like the seating... wayy to tall...might be not used to it.... no commetns on santro...

agree on poor gearshifts for indica... but hey... 0 - 100 is claimed 13.xx secs. in the recent 6 car shoot-out.

peace.
Old 20th February 2005, 06:19   #44
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by amit_basak
iv'e voted indica.. my petrol.... beaten many friggin santros and wagonr on expressway FLAT whizzing past them...
peace.
my money on the indica lsi...85 bhp engine packs a punch no dbout ..
why dont we have the 1.4 and 1.6 sail on the poll ?

cheers
Old 20th February 2005, 07:04   #45
Senior - BHPian

I CANT BELEIVE IT WAGON-R IS LEADING!!!!!! HUH!!???!!???

I'd take Santro any day. Its a complete product.

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks