Team-BHP > The Indian Car Scene
Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

Search this Thread
Old 26th September 2007, 18:16   #46
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Is it not launched already?
No the SRV Diesel has not been launched.

Optra Magnum has been doing quite well.
Old 26th September 2007, 18:32   #47
Senior - BHPian

Ok Busa - Thanks for the Info !! Agra dealer telling me it has not been selling as anticiapted. Sold only 7 - 8 since its launched here. We here in Agra clock quite a high number of Luxury Cars.

Yes SRV Diesel not launched yet @ DCEITE - The website was only a Demo !!
Old 18th October 2007, 14:03   #48
BHPian

Chevy SRV - 2.0 Lt TCDi

I do not remember seeing any posts regarding SRV - TCDi, so did some searching and could not find any. I feel this is a great car - has looks and massive power, still no discussion. Is it not launched?

The Chevy India site has a section to "Build Your Chevy" and there is an option for SRV diesel, priced at 7.7L ex showroom, you can add options like ABS, rear spoiler, leather steering wheel etc and priced accordingly.

Mods: Should a thread exists on this, please merge.
Old 18th October 2007, 14:13   #49
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by abhilashvk View Post
The Chevy India site has a section to "Build Your Chevy" and there is an option for SRV diesel, priced at 7.7L ex showroom, you can add options like ABS, rear spoiler, leather steering wheel etc and priced accordingly.
7.7 lac exshowroom and extra cost for ABS, rear spoiler, leather steering wheel etc. Very pricey..Magnum makes more sense.
Old 18th October 2007, 14:13   #50
Team-BHP Support

Join the club mate.

https://www.team-bhp.com/forum/india...rv-diesel.html (How about a Optra SRV diesel ?)
Old 18th October 2007, 14:20   #51
BHPian

You have an option to pick and choose what ever you want. It is different from OPTION PACK where these are bundled and additional 50 -60 K is charged. So you can choose only ABS and no leather steering and air bags. I feel the pricing is great considering the price of Magnum (around 9.5L ex showroom) and the engine is the same.
Old 18th October 2007, 14:22   #52
BANNED

You can pick & choose. Thats it. Can't buy. I think that site is up for research purpose only.
Quote:
Originally Posted by abhilashvk View Post
You have an option to pick and choose what ever you want. It is different from OPTION PACK where these are bundled and additional 50 -60 K is charged. So you can choose only ABS and no leather steering and air bags. I feel the pricing is great considering the price of Magnum (around 9.5L ex showroom) and the engine is the same.
Old 18th October 2007, 18:26   #53
BHPian

Guys there is a disclaimer in the end. Its for research purpose so far( help them to build a better car!). There is also an option for Driver side airbag and Alpine music system(2 din). I think for the price with the Options list, its great. Hyundai is also making a similar site. No one here in India offers much options to choose from( read customised) for the stock models.
Has someone checked the BMW site( global). I saw it first there, a couple of years back. They even offered to remove the badges!!
But its a step in the right direction- a la - Dell model - to order customised models- with options to choose for ICE, Colour, tranny, sunroof, ABS, etc. and wheels ( sizes) too apart from trim , fabric etc.
Indian market is catching up and what we see here is an indication of things to come. Sooner the manufacturers realise, the better for them and more for us. Hah- getting a better feel of - Customer is the King!. Hope they treat me at least like a citizen.
Old 28th April 2020, 17:53   #54
Distinguished - BHPian

Re: Chevy SRV - 2.0 Lt TCDi

Was seeing a Motorbeam video on cars that India forgot.
When the host said, the SRV had two engine options, a 1.6 petrol and a 2.0 diesel I was like. When did that happen??
All these years I thought the mediocre petrol engine was the reason the cool looking hatch never took off, and you are telling me it really did have the 2.0l Magnum stonker of an engine.
Googled it and scrolled through all the carbuying sites, till I got a Teambhp thread.

Opened this thread and for the first two pages I felt like I should really update my useless automotive knowledge.
So it was just a website thingy for research....guess the Motorbeam team just googled SRV, wrote down the engine options shown in the first few websites and voila.....
DicKy is offline   (4) Thanks
Old 30th April 2020, 11:34   #55

Re: Chevy SRV - 2.0 Lt TCDi

Interesting but not sure if it's true. However, I remember reading about a supercharged SRV was in works, but never saw daylight.

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks