Team-BHP > The Indian Car Scene

Search this Thread
Old 22nd November 2007, 10:54   #31
Senior - BHPian

Mitsubishi did well in introducing Cedia in India, but the Pajero that comes in India is well outdated model, while Honda's CRV and Nissan's X-Trail, Ford's Endeavor and Suzuki's Vitara (when it comes to India..) are latest versions.
Mitsubishi should shed the assumption that Indian market is not trend driven and not uptodate with international market.
They believed that Cedia would sell, and they should believe the Latest Pajero would also sell...
Check out the various generations of Pajeros that Mitsu launched...

Mitsubishi Pajero - Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia
Old 22nd November 2007, 11:16   #32
BHPian

Aren't you forgetting the latest Montero which is available here. Look at the price of Prado, and Montero looks like an absolute steal
Old 22nd November 2007, 11:25   #33
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by RajaTaurus View Post
Mitsubishi did well in introducing Cedia in India, but the Pajero that comes in India is well outdated model, while Honda's CRV and Nissan's X-Trail, Ford's Endeavor and Suzuki's Vitara (when it comes to India..) are latest versions.
Mitsubishi should shed the assumption that Indian market is not trend driven and not uptodate with international market.
They believed that Cedia would sell, and they should believe the Latest Pajero would also sell...
Check out the various generations of Pajeros that Mitsu launched...

Mitsubishi Pajero - Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia
Mitsubishi Cedia is not an outdated vehicle and is just a generation behind.Also the latest lancer has arrived only in U.S and Japan A.F.A.I.K.But mitsubishi should sell the non de-tuned engine with atleast the Sport variant.If they could do that it would be one helluva beast eating the competition for breakfast lunch and dinner.
The Mitsubishi Pajero is too outdated.There are no questions about the reliability or off road capability of the vehicle.But Hindustan Motors should realise that Indians are becoming increasingly aware of the step mother attitude of the Global Car companies.At a time when other companies are taking positive steps to reduce this gap, hindustan motors is still selling antique stuff taking Indians for granted.Seems like they are not bothered about the brand image or long term gains.The short sighted attitude of these Morons is keeping us away from the latest technology.The montero is the latest Pajero.They should stop selling us things from their junk yard.In my opinion Montero should be assembled from C.K.D kit form and H.M should start selling a stripped down version of Montero for around 20 to 25 Lakhs and stop selling Pajero.
Old 22nd November 2007, 11:35   #34
Distinguished - BHPian

Infractions: 0/1 (5)

Quote:
Originally Posted by hondadude View Post
I disagree. I encourage you to take a look at the sales numbers for Pajero. It is selling more than GV and its sales for 2007 is considerably higher (in percentage terms) compared to 2006.
Do you access to the sales numbers? I thought I read somewhere that the Endy was the largest selling in the premium SUV segment.
Old 22nd November 2007, 11:54   #35
BANNED

if mitsubishi aiint comin out with the new lancer they need to pack bags and go. however to try and get it here we should all call them in diff. dealers and ask when is the new one comin. tell them the current one is bad and all blah blah. when they get tons of calls like that they might just condiser it to sell
Old 22nd November 2007, 12:28   #36
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by 4x4addict View Post
Do you access to the sales numbers? I thought I read somewhere that the Endy was the largest selling in the premium SUV segment.
The numbers are available in the "Indian Car Sales thread". Thanks to Vasudeva the latest stats are available in the following post

http://www.team-bhp.com/forum/indian...tml#post624955

In 15L - 25L SUV segment, CRV is the king as far as sales numbers are concerned.
Old 22nd November 2007, 22:57   #37
Distinguished - BHPian

Infractions: 0/1 (5)

Why is it that Honda and Toyota can offer their latest products here and Mitsubishi thinks that Indians prefer models that are one or two generations old.

hondadude, I am not questioning the pajero. To be honest I am leaning towards it. I almost bought one when they launched it a few years back until I found out what I was getting for 25 lakhs. No ABS, no airbags, no alloys etc !. I looked at the specification recently and I see that they have fixed some of these issues but now they paint it like a clown-mobile? What is up with the paint scheme? Can they atleast make it optional for those who like it? Hats of to the hundreds of people who have bought it, but the only way I will buy a Pajero if they can order one for which is not the clown-paint edition.
Old 18th February 2008, 22:20   #38
Senior - BHPian

HM to expand Mitsubishi dealerships

I hope with new dealerships, we will get latest Mitsu cars in India as well.

Source

NEW DELHI: CK Birla group company Hindustan Motors on Monday said it would expand dealerships for Mitsubishi products to 45 by the end of this year as part of its plans to shore up sales in India.

Currently, it has 33 Mitsubishi dealerships in the country.

"By the end of calendar year 2008, we will have 45 dealer locations pan-India and North India will continue to be in our focus where we already have 10 dealerships," HM Managing Director Ravi Santhanam said.

HM and Mitsubishi have a partnership under which the Indian firm sells the Japanese auto maker's products, including Lancer, Cedia, Pajero and Montero.

The company today opened its relocated dealership in Gurgaon.
Old 19th February 2008, 04:25   #39
KMT
BHPian

new HM/Mitsu pick up??

My father is based in Coorg and he told me that last week guys from the Hindustan Motors dealership there rang and asked if they could bring him a new 4x4 to discuss.
He said that that there were 2 sales guys buy 3 other guys who were testing the market.
They wanted to know whether he would use it for work on the plantation or leisure and what he would be willing to pay for it.
Apparently it was a dual cab pick-up with a 3 Ltr Diesel engine and was fully loaded.
The guys told him that the model was from Thailand and that HM was evaluating whether to build/assemble it in Chennai.
And no! No photos.
Has anyone else heard of this.
Old 20th February 2008, 11:33   #40
VMG
BHPian

More Mitsubishi dealers

Good news to Mitsu owners....
HM is goinig add more dealerships; 33 to 45 by this year end.
This news has come in today's ET.
Old 20th February 2008, 12:55   #41
Senior - BHPian

they need to bring in more dealers and A.S.S if they want to bring in more vehicles and stand in the market.
Old 22nd February 2008, 17:57   #42
Senior - BHPian

hey guys ,i saw a mitsubishi advertisement in ,i think it was ndtv -showing the new evo x .is it comming to india.looked terrific and the car looked similar to the one in the auto expo.any news on it.
ram
Old 22nd February 2008, 18:54   #43
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by ram_hyundai View Post
hey guys ,i saw a mitsubishi advertisement in ,i think it was ndtv -showing the new evo x .is it comming to india.looked terrific and the car looked similar to the one in the auto expo.any news on it.
ram
Coming to India u mean they gonna sell it here?I dont think so they gonna do that.May be they will bring it here just for demo.
Old 22nd February 2008, 18:56   #44
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by ram_hyundai View Post
ram
Wow! are you serious! man i cant wait for it if its true! But you know what, these guys use their more powerful siblings to sell of the less fortunate ones....but considering HM who does marketing for Mitsu in India, I dont think they are even aware of evo x, by the way Advertisement on TV is a great great great leap if HM's behinf it....!
Old 23rd February 2008, 19:26   #45
BHPian

Yup I saw the ad in espn today whlist watching english premier league match. I think they are going to launch the new lancer soon. Even I am waiting. The ad is gud. They show a read color car which is really nice looking

Most Viewed