Team-BHP > The Indian Car Scene
Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

Closed Thread
  Search this Thread
Old 7th December 2007, 12:13   #46
Team-BHP Support

Quote:
Originally Posted by 1100D View Post
A car like SRV (Whats the full form?) tries to attack the enthusiastic-to-drive angle.
IIRC, SRV stands for Sports Recreational Vehicle.
I may be wrong, though.
Old 7th December 2007, 12:46   #47
Senior - BHPian

My take is probably they are trying their last attempt to sustain SRV production & also to clear of Excess production pieces through discount.

Quote:
Originally Posted by theEnd View Post
When I look towards replacing my Swift Zxi (yes I'm one of the crazy ones who drives a petrol hatch worth more than 5L)
I dont think buying a ZXi for 5L+ is crazy because you geta lot than just an Hatch for that price.

I think NHC & SRV debate is going too far & IMHO they are not much comparable since
- SRV doesnt have the Tag(Brand\Image) & FE of a NHC
- NHC doesnt have looks & power of SRV
Old 7th December 2007, 12:51   #48
Team-BHP Support

Assuming there are around 2000 on the road. Those 2000 customers will be really disgusted, they will crib to another 6000 people at least, therefore causing a potential loss of a least 8000 customers.

If I bought an SRV last month, I would be phoning the finance company to repossess it
Old 7th December 2007, 13:05   #49
BANNED

2000 . It was selling something like 0, 1 or 2 in a month. It was launched in Aug 2006 - 16 months before. Even if we take an optimistic figure of 3 per month, its 16*3 = 48~50 cars since launch & that many on roads. I am sure GM must have sold more SRVs to its dealers, than to the customers.
NHC sells around 3500 per month - thats 100 per day. This is what I mentioned in my post before.
Quote:
Originally Posted by ajmat View Post
Assuming there are around 2000 on the road.
Quote:
Originally Posted by diabloo View Post
FYI, NHC sells more in day, than what SRV has managed to sell since its launch.
Old 7th December 2007, 14:02   #50
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
NHC sells around 3500 per month - thats 100 per day. This is what I mentioned in my post before.
So basically the car which sells more is better? Logan sells more then NHC, nothing else will do.
Old 7th December 2007, 14:34   #51
BANNED

SRV's rear was done by an Italian designer. But he did only the rear. SRV's front is still bland. So all money you pay goes for the rear. Expect FE or 8 or 9 in city. Adjust to a bad gearbox, where changing gear is agony.
Unlike SRV, NHC has that sporty sedan looks, with FE of 13 in city, silky smooth gearbox. And people here still wonder why SRV is not selling and why NHC is selling

Quote:
Originally Posted by Technocrat View Post
- NHC doesnt have looks & power of SRV
Old 7th December 2007, 14:35   #52
BHPian

Guys,

looks like we are at war. SRV or NHC.
Whole logic is would it make sense to buy a SRV at this price.

Considering the fact that it is a hatchback layout on a sedan flatform, it will be at a higher price tag. So considering a further price cut, does not look possible.

Further price cut would come into picture when they will finally give up and discontinue SRV petrol.

About NHC, its a practical car to reach to point B from Point A with H badge at front and back, that's it.

So we cannot compare NHC to SRV.
Old 7th December 2007, 14:41   #53
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
NHC has that sporty sedan looks
No wonder Lamborghini owners sold their Gallardo's and bought the NHC, since its so sporty

Have you driven the SRV?

A SRV can be made to drift, a NHC can but highly difficult, a SRV is more stable then the NHC, more powerful, looks better, has more space, more legroom, better ride, better handling, better build quality. The only thing which the NHC has is the Honda badge and a engine giving slightly more kms per liter.

Last edited by BUSA : 7th December 2007 at 14:43.
Old 7th December 2007, 14:45   #54
BHPian

All those who are comparing SRV with the NHC will be the first one to buy an NHC if given a choice. This is merely a theoretical debate.

Anyday NHC is a MUCH MUCH better car! not to mention its a bestseller!

Personally i think this is like a stock clearance sale! Buy one if u really LIKE it. Else there is no other reason!

My 2 cents

Elito
Old 7th December 2007, 14:56   #55
BANNED

If their budget is 8 lakhs, then they will.
Quote:
Originally Posted by BUSA View Post
No wonder Lamborghini owners sold their Gallardo's and bought the NHC, since its so sporty
Note: You don't like NHC because it doesn't rattle & you will miss your daily dose of music

Last edited by diabloo : 7th December 2007 at 15:02.
Old 7th December 2007, 15:11   #56
BHPian

Quote:
Unlike SRV, NHC has that sporty sedan looks
. Mods please please please relax the rules for number of smileys. Diabloo, if you actually think that the NHC has 'sporty sedan looks', you might also want to have a look at the Perudia Kalisa, BMW Isetta and Fiat Multipla to adorn your 'sporty' collection.

Note from mod: PLEASE do not use more than 2 smileys per post

Last edited by tsk1979 : 7th December 2007 at 15:49.
Old 7th December 2007, 15:12   #57
BHPian

Quote:

Have you driven the SRV?

A SRV can be made to drift, a NHC can but highly difficult, a SRV is more stable then the NHC, more powerful, looks better, has more space, more legroom, better ride, better handling, better build quality. The only thing which the NHC has is the Honda badge and a engine giving slightly more kms per liter.
Man I dont know what the hell is NHC doing here. And talking about drifting cars how many of us do it in our daily use?? Do we always "rally" with our cars? More powerful- No wonder Rest of the gallardo' owners sold and bought the SRV That mind blowing 100 horses are coming from a 1.6l engine right? What do you have to say about the V-tec then? Man when you are talking about the practicality and comparing these cars then how practical is it to drift cars in your day to day use?Last but not the least you r only camparing these 2 cars when you r talking about srv's power its nothing great with respect to fiesta 1.6, verna, and there are other option also if you really hate the NHC. But the NHC I-DSI is designed to give a better mileage and it does so with good driveble power in the city Hence the name "city". When you want power then you have other option in the segment to overlook SRV. But when you want mileage and peace of mind NHC is the only option right now. Peace bro.
Old 7th December 2007, 15:35   #58
BHPian

Quote:
Have you driven the SRV?

BUSA, its all FE and BADGE game for common people. No matter how much you tell them, they will not understand unless they come out of the FE mindset. Chevy has far better fit and finish and room inside

I sometimes wonder what actually make people car enthusiast, Good FE or Drivability?
Old 7th December 2007, 15:46   #59
BANNED

Hey buddy Firebird,
SRV has more room because its a hatch - from dash to the 5th door it is open.
Fit & finish - SRV might be good but NHC is better.
Performance - SRV might be 1 second ahead in a 0~100 dash. Mind you, its a 1.6 engine.
Badge - Honda has built the reputation & are maintaining it. You pick the more reliable one: SRV's engine or NHC's engine.

Come up with more parameters to justify your preference for SRV.
Quote:
Originally Posted by Firebird View Post
BUSA, its all FE and BADGE game for common people. No matter how much you tell them, they will not understand unless they come out of the FE mindset. Chevy has far better fit and finish and room inside

I sometimes wonder what actually make people car enthusiast, Good FE or Drivability?
Old 7th December 2007, 16:07   #60
BHPian

Quote:

Come up with more parameters to justify your preference for SRV.
Well lets do a unbiased comparisn. Before that, let me clear few thing, I do not have anything against NHC or users of NHC. so peace.

Are we considering NHC GXi or Vtech
When FE came into picture the comparisn would be with GXi

GXi - 7.6 on road SRV (option pack) - would be same (with price cut)
GXi - Steel rim with Tyre - 175/ 65 R14
SRV - Alloy rim - 195 / 60 R15
GXi FE - 13 in city SRV - 8 in city
GXi - 77 @ 5000 SRV - 101 @ 5800
GXi - Torque -125 NM SRV - 140 NM
GXi - 0-100 - 14 sec SRV - 12.9 (Carwale)

So if you look at the spec, the SRV looks far better than NHC.

You need just FE - go for NHC
You need attention - go for SRV

Would make sense I guess.
Closed Thread

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks