Team-BHP > The Indian Car Scene
Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

Search this Thread
Old 9th January 2008, 12:48   #46
BANNED

Quote:
Originally Posted by DirtyDan View Post
It's like putting lipstick on a pig. It dont help.
I would not call the bolero a pig. we have one in the family for about 6 years and its loved for the reliability and trouble free service its given till date.
Old 9th January 2008, 13:40   #47
BANNED

Well they didnt reduce the power output they just changed the engine.

I think the MDI 3200TC which is 2650cc with 68BHP and 18Kgm in the Bolero DI Turbo was launched in 2004. This is the same engine that is used in the Scorpio, which was being targeted for taxi duty but failed miserably.

The DI Turbo has more torque then the IDI: 18kgm(DI Turbo) to 15.5kgm(IDI Non Turbo).

I think the turbo comes in its element around 1700 rpm.
Old 9th January 2008, 13:59   #48
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by biju_kp View Post
Any bolero test drive reports available in forums?

you can find one if you use the search feature..
Old 9th January 2008, 14:56   #49
BHPian

The history behind the introduction of DI engine

This is what one of the Mahindra guys told me - When the government made it mandatory for all vehicles to meet Bharat Stage III emission norms, they initially considered using the earlier scorpio DI engine (toned down, of course). But that would have pushed the cost up by atleast Rs 70,000, which would hurt Bolero's sales from the rural market. Hence they picked up one of their old DI engines and added a turbo charger to it and launched the all new Bolero, and priced it cheaper than earlier.
He also said that the CRDe Bolero should be out on road tests by this march, but the cost would be higher by atleast 1 - 1.5 lacs (which is too steep an increase).

In short a high performance Bolero is on the way.
Old 10th January 2008, 11:26   #50
BANNED

Oh thats good news. Hope we can fit that engine into the older chassis, then we can have the best of both worlds.
Old 15th January 2008, 10:54   #51
BHPian

I just found out that the price difference between the Bolero SLX and the special edition is just Rs 6000.
I guess this is a real value for money as the special edition comes with leather seats, slightly better music system and fog lamps (something SLX is deprived of)
Old 15th January 2008, 15:42   #52
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rough Square View Post
I just found out that the price difference between the Bolero SLX and the special edition is just Rs 6000.
I guess this is a real value for money....
You wish bro, Special Ed is not that big a 'value for money'. I just found out that it doesn't come with Central locking or a remote lock. Thats where they had cut costs, to make up for the Leather seats and HU with USB support and those cheap stickers.

Seriously I wonder who at Mahindra is making these decisions...may be BLUNDERS is the right word, they give a Special Editions that is not even a full SLX (top end Bolero). Now where else can we get to see such a bloopers.

I am disappointed. There is nothing 'Special' about this Special Edition.
Old 16th January 2008, 04:36   #53
BANNED

Quote:
Originally Posted by Spinnerr View Post
I just found out that it doesn't come with Central locking or a remote lock.
Even if you add that as an aftermarket fitment it still makes sense.

But trust Mahindra to pull something like this.

Get the CRDe please. And you can keep the leather seats and the HU and the decals and the fog lights.
Old 18th January 2008, 16:23   #54
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Spitfire View Post
Even if you add that as an aftermarket fitment it still makes sense.
You think so? I mean how costly would an aftermarket central lock on a Bolero cost, another fact that one should worry is the reliability. I have seen a couple of aftermarket remote lock on Qualis giving problems... a lot of problems.

That click...click...KEOW...KEOW siren used to keep me awake, I am glad that that neighbour moved away.

Was talking to Sireesh Auto guys today and they say, now the waiting period is 30 days. Looks like Mahindra gave 2 Special Ed Boleros to all dealers across the country as a 'teaser', like they were testing the waters.

May be they didnt even expect to unload 1000 of these 'Special' ones.
Old 19th January 2008, 04:59   #55
BANNED

Quote:
Originally Posted by Spinnerr View Post
You think so? I mean how costly would an aftermarket central lock on a Bolero cost, another fact that one should worry is the reliability. I have seen a couple of aftermarket remote lock on Qualis giving problems... a lot of problems.
Go for the known brands, another thread somewhere on this forum. Get them fitted from a genuine dealer, take warranty and piece of mind. But i guess you should be looking at 8K-10K for a good reliable unit.

Quote:
That click...click...KEOW...KEOW siren used to keep me awake, I am glad that that neighbour moved away.
You can shut that off easily. It gives one or two beeps depending upon whether you open or close.

Quote:
Was talking to Sireesh Auto guys today and they say, now the waiting period is 30 days. Looks like Mahindra gave 2 Special Ed Boleros to all dealers across the country as a 'teaser', like they were testing the waters.

May be they didnt even expect to unload 1000 of these 'Special' ones.
The Bolero has become the largest selling UV beating the Sumo and others. So probably the waiting period.
Old 19th January 2008, 05:01   #56
BANNED

OT: You joining in on the 26th?
Old 28th January 2008, 14:18   #57
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by katalysm76 View Post
I think the new Sumo Grande will beat the pants off the Bolero-new or old.Its way better power with the Dicor 2.2 lt engine.

But Sumo is yet to prove itself on the reliablity front.
Bolero has done that.
Old 18th February 2008, 13:39   #58
BHPian

Update

Update:
The price diff between SLX and Special Edition is little over 10K now.

What you get extra
1. Leather seats
2. HU that supports USB, SD card (Nippon)
3. Leather pads on your seat belts (dont know what purpose they serve)
4. Fog lamps

What you miss
1. Central locking
2. Remote lock
3. Skoda type flip key (your remote integrated to that, looks neat)

Intrestingly, quiet a few people have opted for Special Ed, thats what the dealer (Sireesh Auto) said. He said he had ordered for 6 vehicles and he is already planning to order for more.
Old 21st January 2009, 15:16   #59
BHPian

Hi Guys! I am a Newbie and am planning to go in for the New Special Edition Bolero launched during Sep. 2008. The Bolero Special Edition is available in two exclusive, exquisite colours: Mist Silver and Golden Sahara Beige. It has all the features of SLX in addition subtle body graphics on the sides and bonnet, an aluminium mesh in the front grill which gives the SUV a unique and rugged appeal and European Leather Upholstery as earlier. I also wish for a set of Alloys, either from the dealer or outside.
The On Road price in Pondicherry is as follows

SLX - Rs. 632038 and Sp. Edition - Rs. 632693

Request your valuable comments!!!!
Old 21st January 2009, 16:01   #60
Senior - BHPian

the new special bolero is special cause it has the word "special" attached to it and few new stickers/decals on the body, few cosmetic changes.

dont be fooled by it buying it! its just a way to fool the customer and sell the vehicle in limited numbers, like MM did with Legend!

if you have no other choice of vehicle, then buy this!

cheers:

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks