Team-BHP - Fiat 500 in April 08 !!!
Team-BHP

Team-BHP (https://www.team-bhp.com/forum/)
-   The Indian Car Scene (https://www.team-bhp.com/forum/indian-car-scene/)
-   -   Fiat 500 in April 08 !!! (https://www.team-bhp.com/forum/indian-car-scene/35710-fiat-500-april-08-a-3.html)

Quote:

Originally Posted by normally_crazy (Post 727540)
No it won't. I have seen a couple of SRV's on road at least. With that pricing the 500 will not move out of the showroom. But then you never know, just advertise a FE of 15 and the car will sell :D

I comepletely agree with NC here. But, will FIAT advertise?

Quote:

Originally Posted by amtak (Post 727451)
Only thing they need is a good brand Ambassador at this point of time.

OT: Who should be the ideal brand ambassador for the FIAT of the next generation?

Sachin/Hritik (Akbar)/ Dhoni?? Amir khan?

For the Fiat 500, I would choose Sania Mirza.

Quote:

Originally Posted by reignofchaos (Post 727137)
This thing sells for 8000 pounds in UK. If fiat assembled it in India, this car would cost under 7 lacs.

Tiny car. Should be a tiny car price.

Quote:

Originally Posted by Latheesh (Post 727369)
VW is going to sell Beetle in India for 20 lakhs......so 13 Lakh price for 500 is justified

:-) ....... mhmmm...where is my NaNo...?

The Beetle, old and new, is a much bigger car. No comparison between VW and Fiat, anyway.

Have they stuck to the same basic price and the excess is customs duty?

Any resemblance the beetle is just because both designs come from an era when cars had curves! There are Nisan Micra elements too, another car where curves have been rediscoverd in recent years.

Does any one have the specifications of the 500. Also did it ever came in diesel version?
Not that i going to buy it. Just wanted to know. How would those celebrities feel when their 500 being smoked by other hatches?

Petrol: 1.4 lit 100 bhp
Diesel: 1.3 Multijet 75 bhp

To be launched: Abarth 500 Petrol: 1.4 Turbo Petrol of 135 bhp and 150 bhp tunes.

Quote:

Originally Posted by penpavan (Post 727226)
And how many variants will this have?

Base version 13L
And top end 15L ?

2 door hatch for 13L!!

This is real amusement for me. The car and the pricing. I guess not more than 500 units could be expected to be sold through out the country and nobody knows it's future. What is FIAT doing? 500 for 13L and Bravo could well be 25L. Only Linea aimed at volume business.

People caring so much about exclusivity will as well get any car imported.

I dont know if people will be happy to get it serviced from TATA!

please:No "imported" car will work out cheaper.
Duties and Levies[Import duties+cvd+entry tax+Reg+octroi] total up to 150% of the cif value!!! So a 5.00lacs MCC Smart had cost me 12.50lacs+ 4years back!!

I can't help but drool over these beauties...

The 1.4 Turbo petrol engine delivers 155 bhp at 5500 rpm combined with a 6-speed mechanical gearbox, which has a top speed of 208 km/h and accelerates from 0 to 100 km/h in just 8.2 seconds.

Wish these were coming to India !!!

Quote:

Originally Posted by gendarmee (Post 727135)
I dont think it should be priced that high. I guess we shoud see it around 6.5-9 lakhs (basis of the guess is the prices abroad, i might be wrong)

Isn't it supposed to be a CBU? How come a 6.5-9L price then?
Quote:

Originally Posted by sushanthr77 (Post 727938)
The 1.4 Turbo petrol engine delivers 155 bhp at 5500 rpm combined with a 6-speed mechanical gearbox, which has a top speed of 208 km/h and accelerates from 0 to 100 km/h in just 8.2 seconds.

Wow! Abarth specs are out?

Nice.

But how can anyone call a car a bath?

Spoils it for me!

Quote:

Originally Posted by amit (Post 727637)
For the Fiat 500, I would choose Sania Mirza.

Like Sania, who does not want to play in India, the 500 will also not want to sell in India (not at that price at least) :D

Pardon my ignorance , FIAT 500 ,means only 500 will be made ? Thats the reason of 13 lakh price tag for that nano lookinish car ?

Quote:

Originally Posted by Thad E Ginathom (Post 728102)
But how can anyone call a car a bath?

:uncontrol

Even Hrithik, Aamir, SRK, Sania combined together wont be able to sell this :p

Quote:

Originally Posted by BUSA (Post 728276)

That is funny:uncontrol.Still look at the 500 Abarth picture i am going crazy.And the spec wow 155bhp 0 to 100 in 8.2sec.

Quote:

Originally Posted by BUSA (Post 728276)

You have lost the plot here it seems.
They want people like Aamir, Sania and SRK to buy it, not sell it.

Its a 2 seater. So the owner has to drive it. Do you expect Sania Mirza to drive this car, in city traffic?
Quote:

Originally Posted by extreme_torque (Post 728303)
You have lost the plot here it seems.
They want people like Aamir, Sania and SRK to buy it, not sell it.