Team-BHP - Fiat 500 in April 08 !!!
Team-BHP

Team-BHP (https://www.team-bhp.com/forum/)
-   The Indian Car Scene (https://www.team-bhp.com/forum/indian-car-scene/)
-   -   Fiat 500 in April 08 !!! (https://www.team-bhp.com/forum/indian-car-scene/35710-fiat-500-april-08-a-4.html)

Quote:

Originally Posted by diabloo (Post 728311)
Its a 2 seater. So the owner has to drive it. Do you expect Sania Mirza to drive this car, in city traffic?

Yes I do and she will look good driving this thing around. Celebraties crave for exclusivity and this thing looks good enough to get "wow!!!" on the roads from on-lookers... so why not?
And when I say people like Aamir, SRK and Sania, I meant people with deep pockets and penchant for exclusivity.

Quote:

Originally Posted by diabloo (Post 728311)
Its a 2 seater. So the owner has to drive it. Do you expect Sania Mirza to drive this car, in city traffic?

Its not a two seater. It is a four seater and of course you can modify it as a two seater. :)

Spend 13L, get this car and people say WoW, got to be kidding. People seeing the 2 doors think its cheaper variant of Nano :uncontrol.
IMO, 8L NHC will give better status symbol than traveling in this thing.:)
Quote:

Originally Posted by extreme_torque (Post 728325)
Yes I do and she will look good driving this thing around. Celebraties crave for exclusivity and this thing looks good enough to get "wow!!!" on the roads from on-lookers... so why not?
And when I say people like Aamir, SRK and Sania, I meant people with deep pockets and penchant for exclusivity.

Quote:

Originally Posted by diabloo (Post 728416)
Spend 13L, get this car and people say WoW, got to be kidding. People seeing the 2 doors think its cheaper variant of Nano :uncontrol.

You have missed the point completely..... end of the discussion.

Quote:

IMO, 8L NHC will give better status symbol than traveling in this thing.

Finally, you managed to drag your dream car on this thread!
This shows the taste you have for cars.

Pls don't create threads with the sole intention of making fun of it!

Quote:

As much as I agree that the pricing of Fiat is stupid, I think your comparison with the NHC is unwarranted.

If and when it comes, it will DEFINITELY command more snob value than the NHC or any any other sedan in the segment.

Quote:

Originally Posted by Eddy (Post 728435)
As much as I agree that the pricing of Fiat is stupid, I think your comparison with the NHC is unwarranted.

If and when it comes, it will DEFINITELY command more snob value than the NHC or any any other sedan in the segment.

Any frigging day!

But, i dont think that those are the final prices.

13L for fiat500 i was shocked to hear that...I was a real crazy after the fiat500.. that i made it in Maya and now shows in my demo-reel to... would like to share it with you guys.

The older version looked real cute..and the newer is much more power-packed with goodies i guess:)

cheers...!!!

Ramie

Quote:

Are you serious? :Shockked: NHC is nothing in front of this beauty. Increase in the size of the car doesn't mean an increase in the status.

lets forget the price just for a while atleast
and imagine the sight of seeing this particular car on road
its gonna put a smile on a lot of faces also this car was never meant to be mass produced its more of a collectors delight

Status?

That is not a word that one uses when mentioning a Fiat 500.

Small car, cheep car, people's car.

(ok, excepting some very fancy souped-up high-spec special model collector's item).

Remember the Fiat Panda, anyone? Another cheap car; horrible thing with deck-chair-like seats: maybe they'll try selling that in India for 15 lakh and people can say that it has status!

Mind you... the original Honda Civic was a small cheep car too. I can't remember the pricing, it probably carried a premium because it was Japanese and reliable and had a fair-sized engine, but it was very basic, plastic seats, without a sniff of luxury.

It looks like a decent strategy to me. When there a few cars on the road, people will say this is the cutest car they have seen. Just a great image booster for Fiat! Fiat will anyway be launching right priced Punto and Linea for larger sales.

Actually 500 doesn't need a model. It is a 'model' for FIAT to sell it's other cars!

<quote>
Status?

</quote>

We Indians don't look at international image (unless it is an Hyundai). Skoda, Mercedes are premium cars for us.

Quote:

Originally Posted by Thad E Ginathom (Post 728993)
Status?

(ok, excepting some very fancy souped-up high-spec special model collector's item).

Remember the Fiat Panda, anyone? Another cheap car; horrible thing with deck-chair-like seats: maybe they'll try selling that in India for 15 lakh and people can say that it has status!

Mind you... the original Honda Civic was a small cheep car too. I can't remember the pricing, it probably carried a premium because it was Japanese and reliable and had a fair-sized engine, but it was very basic, plastic seats, without a sniff of luxury.

Fiat 500 is definitely a status symbol. We are talking about 2007 version not the 50's. This is a small car yes, but is not cheep as you say it. For those who don't know there was a special Fiat 500 event held where Ferrari F1 drivers (Schumacher, Raikkonen, Massa, Gene and Bauder) drove specially modified 500s around a race track.

Quote:

Originally Posted by SilentEngine (Post 729087)
Fiat 500 is definitely a status symbol. We are talking about 2007 version not the 50's. This is a small car yes, but is not cheep as you say it. For those who don't know there was a special Fiat 500 event held where Ferrari F1 drivers (Schumacher, Raikkonen, Massa, Gene and Bauder) drove specially modified 500s around a race track.

yep. but none seem to get the point!?! i dont understand why.

Even a 2008 bug, the version beetle would cost the earth if u looked at the price.
Try to live what it is rather than what u want it to be!

Quote:

You got to understand 2 things

1. Fiat 500 is not a car which is going to manufactured/assembled in India. It is going to be an Import. And all import charges/registration charges that apply to an imported car stick to that which makes it expensive by more than double the price of the car.

2. If you are not sure of what a vehicle is offering, it is always better not to ridicule the vehicle. Fiat is offering the car in India to improve their brand image and its not looking at volumes! And i could see Fiat creating an impact atleast to my knowledge in TBHP where Fiat is discussed a lot these days!

To be ignorant of one's own ignorance is to be in an unprogressive, uninspired state of existence.
- David O. McKay