Team-BHP > The Indian Car Scene
Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

Closed Thread
  Search this Thread
Old 20th February 2009, 15:48   #91
Distinguished - BHPian

Infractions: 0/1 (5)

Glifford is right. Ford Explorer and Ford US Ranger pickup is on a completely different platform from the Ford Endeavor/Asian Ranger Pick Up.

Since Ford is now going through product rationalization and cost cutting the US and Asian Ranger Pick ups will share a platform from 2011. The next gen Ford Explorer is going to be uni-body like Grand Cherokee/Grand Vitara.
Old 21st February 2009, 12:03   #92
GTO
Team-BHP Support

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sahil View Post
The lack of options was a big factor for me going back to the Endy.
What about the Pajero? Around the same price and superb road manners. Test it, built as tough as the toughest of them.

Quote:
P.S: Ford is offering a full maintenance Plan for 3 years/60,000kms @ 62,000Rs. Worth it?
21,000 a year all inclusive (warranty, service, lubes etc.)? I'd say go ahead.
Old 21st February 2009, 17:11   #93
rippergeo

The Pajero is embarassingly slow. irrespective of how big and tough it is, it would get flattened by the trucks and buses in the opposite lane while it wheezes its way through a passing maneuver.
Otherwise, it is really the best SUV available-still!
handles well enough, rugged, great ride, plenty of space, reliable, everything except acceleration. It can get to decent triple digit speeds, but to get there it needs a good stretch of road.
Its the only reason we didnt pick it up.

The Endy accelerates and handles well. The only problem with it is the ride. Which came lower down in priority for the drivers in the family

Old 21st February 2009, 20:10   #94
GTO
Team-BHP Support

Quote:
Originally Posted by rippergeo View Post
The Pajero is embarassingly slow. irrespective of how big and tough it is, it would get flattened by the trucks and buses in the opposite lane while it wheezes its way through a passing maneuver.
Slow it is and how! 20 lakhs gets you a power-to-weight ratio of a measly 53BHP / ton. Endy 2.5 is at about 74ish. For the record, our own homegrown Safari : 67.64 & the Scorpio : 64ish. If only Mitsu would give the Pajero a better engine. But then, we have HM on our side
Old 24th February 2009, 01:42   #95
Distinguished - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by GTO View Post
What about the Pajero? Around the same price and superb road manners. Test it, built as tough as the toughest of them.

I can't digest buying over a decade old model which has been discontinued elsewhere. Besides the cabin isn't as room as the Endy. HM's service back up aint much to talk about either.

Maintainence plan seems tempting, but i'll use my advantage of a returning customer to decide.I'm having my accounts dept dig out the service bills over the past few years of the Endeavours.
Old 24th February 2009, 15:03   #96
GTO
Team-BHP Support

Quote:
I can't digest buying over a decade old model
The Endeavour is based on the 1998 Ford Ranger / Mazda pickup . It ain't exactly new either!
Old 24th February 2009, 16:35   #97
Distinguished - BHPian

Quote:
The Endeavour is based on the 1998 Ford Ranger / Mazda pickup . It ain't exactly new either!
There is a big difference in an old platform and an old model. The new Endeavour feels a different world on the inside even compared to my current Endeavour, let alone the dated Pajero.

Interior space was prime and hassle free ownership which the Pajero might not provide.
Nonetheless I doubt I will keep this one for 5 years like the old one. I plan to change every 3 to 4 years from now on, as I have been hit by bad resale value when waited longer. Besides the beemer ofcourse, that would stay atleast till the BSI expires.
Old 24th February 2009, 19:24   #98
BHPian

Quote:
I can't digest buying over a decade old model which has been discontinued elsewhere.
Please don't speak thus of the Pajero, it hurts. I'm a loyal fan, I owned an imported one sometime back.

Well, in markets like South Africa and Australia which are mature and sophisticated, Toyota still sells the old Land Cruiser 70 series. It is sold alongside with the current 200 series, even though series 80 and series 100 came after it were replaced (80-100-200). Likewise, the second generation Pajero launched in 1991 is the most successful one in the Pajero series. It was the vehicle which enabled Mitsubishi to gain solid foothold in GCC and West Europe. It is still sold in the Philippines along with the newer fourth generation Pajero (our Montero). I wonder an East Asia spec Ford pickup based SUV like the Endeavour could ever match the G2 Pajero.
Old 25th February 2009, 11:14   #99
Distinguished - BHPian

Quote:
Have decided against the service plan. Pulled up the records of our Endeavour and suprisingly it has been much cheaper to maintain. Infact in 2007-08 we spent only 6800Rs on the car, even though it is only sent to Ford's service center.
Old 25th February 2009, 11:47   #100
rippergeo

I have to agree to that. it has been quite cheap to maintain. the prev 10k service cost only 3000 odd. but would have been higher if the stock air filter is replaced(around 6k). Now, there's a K&N stock replacement that can be reused and that works out cheaper than OEM

The service done was also good, they fixed all the minor problems that we asked them to.
So ford A S S is turning around I think.

Old 28th May 2009, 03:30   #101
Distinguished - BHPian

Infractions: 0/1 (5)

Quote:
Originally Posted by 4x4addict View Post
Pictures of the next generation Ford Ranger have been released. The Endeavor usually follows with the Ranger looks so I think the new look Endeavor will be launched sometime next year. The side panels seem identical. The changes seem to be mostly in the front. There is a cool digital inclinometer combo in the center of the dash similar to the Pajero.

Geneva 2009: Ford Ranger (Euro) - Autoblog
Looks like the refreshed Endy has been launched in Thailand and will make it's way to our shores soon. S No changes to rear suspension. Good Ole Leaf Spring set up .

Ford maybe waiting for the Fortuner Launch in India to counter with the refreshed Endy in India.

Frankly I prefer the butch looks of the current version rather than the softer rounded looks of the latest one.

See updated Endy in the Ford Thailand website.

Ford Thailand - New Everest Home
Old 28th May 2009, 06:19   #102
Senior - BHPian

a mere facelift, The endy needs a proper model change.the 6.2 mtr turning radius is pathetic. feels like driving a truck in the city.
anyways expect this to come very soon with the fortuner making its debut here.
Closed Thread

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks