Team-BHP > The Indian Car Scene
Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

Closed Thread
  Search this Thread
Old 7th April 2008, 18:11   #76
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by ram_hyundai View Post
The one and only reason why the endy sells is its looks,hefty looking and huge street presence.In all other areas its nothing nice to say about it.
ram
Yeah! I guess its based on same platform as Ford Explorer, which is notorious for causing many accidents in US. The famous ford/firestone lawsuit.
Old 19th April 2008, 22:17   #77
Senior - BHPian

Any detailed Testdrive reports on Endy?

Also I would like to see a post: Endy Vs. Pajero Vs. Captiva.

Last edited by agbenny : 19th April 2008 at 22:25.
Old 19th April 2008, 23:33   #78
rippergeo

Quote:
Originally Posted by ram_hyundai View Post
The one and only reason why the endy sells is its looks,hefty looking and huge street presence.In all other areas its nothing nice to say about it.
ram
its fast(for an SUV).
plenty of low down torque.
very driveable.
built well, can take a beating and still shake it off like nothing happened.
Great ground clearance
very capable off road.
decent highway manners(for an SUV)

I think we can say-
extremely lousy suspension (comfort wise) in all other areas nothing bad to say about it.

what other areas were you thinking of ram? any particular problems you experienced in your TD?

Old 20th April 2008, 22:37   #79
Senior - BHPian

Is Endy easy to drive around the city? Or is is hard to manage like the Innova?
Also how good the leg room is for the drivers to a Guy like me who is 6'2"?

Any Endy owners in TBHP?

Sorry.. one more question: Would that be hard to charge the leaf spring suspension for Ford to make it better?

Last edited by agbenny : 20th April 2008 at 22:38.
Old 21st April 2008, 00:30   #80
Senior - BHPian

Just had a slightly longer drive in my best friend's newly acquired Endeavour 4x2 and the A/C was absolutely disappointing. No cooling at all, heck after 45 mins of riding around in it I drove my Mum's i10 & that car's A/c was at least 100 times better!

Very disappointed.
Old 21st April 2008, 08:13   #81
rippergeo

Quote:
Originally Posted by agbenny View Post
Is Endy easy to drive around the city? Or is is hard to manage like the Innova?
Also how good the leg room is for the drivers to a Guy like me who is 6'2"?

Any Endy owners in TBHP?
I do drive an endeavour around quite a bit, but am not an owner.
its fine in the city as long as you dont have to make U turns.
Have not driven an innova. so cant compare.
the thing is, if you're minding your own business in city traffic, most vehicles, even the buses, will leave you alone in the endeavour.

my brother is taller than average(its his car)- and he says there's enough space.

@iraghava- not sure about the AC, i normally have to switch of the rear AC vents after 15 mins of start up because it gets too cold.

what was the ambient temperature like there?
did the endy you used have tints? that helps. bro's endeavour also uses some kind of clear film heat rejection on the front windscreen
have not tried an i10- so dont know.

Old 21st April 2008, 08:47   #82
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by iraghava View Post
Just had a slightly longer drive in my best friend's newly acquired Endeavour 4x2 and the A/C was absolutely disappointing. No cooling at all, heck after 45 mins of riding around in it I drove my Mum's i10 & that car's A/c was at least 100 times better!

Very disappointed.
Strange. Although I haven't driven an Endy, but my boss owns one and i have ridden the backseat few times. I thought the A/C was pretty good. Especially the rear vents.

Elito

Last edited by Elito11 : 21st April 2008 at 08:52.
Old 21st April 2008, 12:40   #83
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by rippergeo View Post
@iraghava- not sure about the AC, i normally have to switch of the rear AC vents after 15 mins of start up because it gets too cold.

what was the ambient temperature like there?
did the endy you used have tints? that helps. bro's endeavour also uses some kind of clear film heat rejection on the front windscreen
have not tried an i10- so dont know.
The ambient temp. was around 32-35C & the car has no tints. We ran it continously for arund 45 mins & checked all the settings on the A/C including turning the rear vents on (there were only 2 of us in the car) but nothing seemed to work. It simply wasn't cooling enough.

And i mention the i10 because I moved to the i10 right after the Endy & travelled the same route in the same weather hence the direct comparison.
Old 21st April 2008, 19:01   #84
rippergeo

Quote:
Originally Posted by iraghava View Post
The ambient temp. was around 32-35C & the car has no tints. We ran it continously for arund 45 mins & checked all the settings on the A/C including turning the rear vents on (there were only 2 of us in the car) but nothing seemed to work. It simply wasn't cooling enough.

And i mention the i10 because I moved to the i10 right after the Endy & travelled the same route in the same weather hence the direct comparison.
its odd, but still possible. the tints do make a big difference. maybe the AC is not upto the mark in this peice.

Old 19th February 2009, 17:59   #85
Distinguished - BHPian

Infractions: 0/1 (5)

Pictures of the next generation Ford Ranger have been released. The Endeavor usually follows with the Ranger looks so I think the new look Endeavor will be launched sometime next year. The side panels seem identical. The changes seem to be mostly in the front. There is a cool digital inclinometer combo in the center of the dash similar to the Pajero.

Geneva 2009: Ford Ranger (Euro) - Autoblog

I just hope that they will make an effort to put coil springs in the back. Doesn't make sense to save a few thousand ruppes on an SUV that sells for 18 lakhs.
Old 19th February 2009, 20:02   #86
BANNED

Ford might just want to negate the Fortuner affect as much as it can. So, new/facelifted Endeavour could be seen here before expected.
About the facelift, it looks good!
Old 19th February 2009, 22:01   #87
Distinguished - BHPian

Damn, just my luck! Taking delivery for an Endy this weekend!
Old 20th February 2009, 12:59   #88
GTO
Team-BHP Support

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sahil View Post
Damn, just my luck! Taking delivery for an Endy this weekend!
No testament higher than a return customer! I presume you were extremely satisfied with your 5 year Endeavour experience? Are you taking delivery of the top of the line 3.0 4x4?
Old 20th February 2009, 13:32   #89
Distinguished - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by GTO View Post
No testament higher than a return customer! I presume you were extremely satisfied with your 5 year Endeavour experience? Are you taking delivery of the top of the line 3.0 4x4?
Well, I have been satisfied on most fronts besides the suspension. In our family, we always get two of each car we buy, one from Mumbai and one from Pune. We are replacing the Pune endeavour with the new one. Got the 2.5XLT as the car is chauffeur driven always so no need for the 3.0, nor would it ever go off roading. The lack of options was a big factor for me going back to the Endy. Captiva was good but cramped compared to the Endy inside and the rest of the options were ruled out due to their petrol engines.
However I am still not getting rid of the Mumbai endeavour for another six months, I'd rather have the Fortuner.

P.S: Ford is offering a full maintenance Plan for 3 years/60,000kms @ 62,000Rs. Worth it?
Old 20th February 2009, 15:12   #90
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by SirAlec View Post
Yeah! I guess its based on same platform as Ford Explorer, which is notorious for causing many accidents in US. The famous ford/firestone lawsuit.
You are mistaken here! The Explorer is a much bigger beast than the Endeavour/Everest. Don't even talk of the expedition. The Endeavour/Everest is exclusive (as an SUV to the Asian region). Of course the Ranger light truck (on which it is based) sells everywhere from Asia to Europe to the Americas!

In the US this is the classification by size.

Expedition > Explorer > Escape (soft roader)

and in pick up trucks.

Ranger < F150 and so on.
Closed Thread

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks