Team-BHP > The Indian Car Scene
Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

Search this Thread
Old 27th February 2008, 12:52   #16
BHPian

When you want to have a slow and relaxing drive....u r a nut in the road... getting all the worst words in the world
Old 27th February 2008, 12:55   #17
Senior - BHPian

You wait long enough to buy the latest car with the features you want and a better one is launched with exactly what you were waiting for just after you bought a compromise.
Old 27th February 2008, 13:22   #18
BHPian

... dog on the roadside will cross only if you hit your gas padle. If you hit breakes, it wont cross at all

Old 27th February 2008, 14:34   #19
Senior - BHPian

All the cars appear to slow down when your in a real hurry.
Dont ever stop because a dog is crossing the road as you may end up hitting someone else(the dog will avoid your vehicle anyhow
Old 27th February 2008, 14:53   #20
Senior - BHPian

A BMTC bus going on the fast (right) lane, the moment you start to overtake the bus from left, the Bus moves to the left to stop at the Bus stop!

When you enter a Bunk, there will be no vehicles at the Air dispenser, but the moment you are done with gas refill & proceed for Air, there are 3 cars waiting in queue!
Old 27th February 2008, 15:40   #21
BANNED

1. A garbage truck shall materialise in front of you only when you have no space on left, right or back to stay away from it.
2. When a bus overtakes you the bus stop is within 25 meters.
3. When an empty rick overtakes you, he will pick up a passenger within next 10 meters.
4. There will be policemen checking over speeding just beyond that curve at the end of the beautiful, crater free road.
5. There will be policemen checking your breath within 100 meters of a bar / pub / watering hole. (I need not fear these people - I am a teetotaller).
6. The slow moving rick / moped at the extreme left on the divided highway is waiting for you to reach close so that he can take the high speed lane.
7. The vehicle approaching you as you are waiting at the divider to take the U / Right turn will increase its speed after you begin to make the turn.
Old 27th February 2008, 15:48   #22
BHPian

This Is one helluva thread... its has already got me rolling with laughter. All of them are just toooooooooo funny and can relate to it soo easily.

Good Thread Keep it up...
Old 27th February 2008, 16:04   #23
BHPian

The faster you make your AC setting, the hotter the interiors SEEM to feel
Old 27th February 2008, 16:10   #24
BHPian

a body(rash driver) immersed in a fluid is buoyed up by a force equal to the weight of the fluid he can displace( space between other vehicles/foot path/one ways)
Old 27th February 2008, 18:02   #25
BHPian

Have you ever come across guys on TVS-50? either they think they have wings or they are immortal..the way they cut across vehicles....
Old 27th February 2008, 18:33   #26
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by HappyWheels View Post
The bus that overtake's you like there is no tomorrow will stop in front of you right after he completes !
HappyWheels, LOL, good observation.

The moment I read first line of your post an intuitive feeling came within me that you must be from Bangalore, which got confirmed after seeing your profile.

Back in 1997 when I moved to Bangalore and the buses driven in a zig zagged manner, my first comment was that these buses are getting driven like bicycles. More than 10yrs I am still surprised everyday on how these guys manage to do these kind of maneuvers.
Old 27th February 2008, 20:29   #27
BHPian

Good points HappyWheels and Backseatdriver ! very very true !

Here's some more

In the city
1. The car behind you is only inches away when you've stalled on a up slope !
2. The only parking slot remaining in the basement is occupied by a two wheeler !
3. You invariably end up standing behind a stalled auto in a signal !
4. Never ever follow a construction site lorry - you'll have a rain of mud cakes !

On the highway
1. To kill time, you start timing your speed and the next milestone is missing !
2. There's always a stone beneath those hay stacks kept for drying - happens on village roads.
3. Oncoming traffic is highest only when you are behind a row of three to four car-tainers !
4. Hell breaks loose when you run over pug marks of bull dozers at high speeds !
5. Directions boards are in a different language at a junction and there's nobody around !
Old 27th February 2008, 20:41   #28
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by deepaktpatil View Post
HappyWheels, LOL, good observation.

The moment I read first line of your post an intuitive feeling came within me that you must be from Bangalore, which got confirmed after seeing your profile.

Back in 1997 when I moved to Bangalore and the buses driven in a zig zagged manner, my first comment was that these buses are getting driven like bicycles. More than 10yrs I am still surprised everyday on how these guys manage to do these kind of maneuvers.

The fact is that I made this comment based on majority of my experience on TN & KL roads. Especially in the Salem to Namakkal sector - those guys are absolute nuts!!!

I guess, this habit is there in any bus driver - regardless of place.
Old 27th February 2008, 20:49   #29
Senior - BHPian

When you are in the center lane and want to turn right at the next junction/turn, the second you blink the turn indicator, the vehicle slower than you on the right, wants to overtake you before you make the turn......
Old 27th February 2008, 22:10   #30
Senior - BHPian

The road is always bad on the side you drive (aks - the grass is greener on the other side).

when you get to cruising speed, expect to be slowed down by either a slow moving vehicle on your track or a vehicle from the opposite end overtaking a equally fast vehicle! (yeah, with his headlights on)

feeling of being the only guy on the road with 'common sense'!

always being at the wrong place at the wrong time - traffic jams / accident spots / signal going bust, etc (make you wonder if 'right place & right time' is a myth!!!)

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks