Team-BHP > The Indian Car Scene
Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

Closed Thread
  Search this Thread
Old 7th March 2008, 16:19   #16
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by srh View Post
Shell petrol is absolutely useless for the extra price. I get more mileage with IOC. Don't know about diesel.
. I use HP Normal. It is better than Shell.
Old 7th March 2008, 16:48   #17
Senior - BHPian

I used to be a Shell fan, but at the current premium, I feel it is not worth it. Suggest one of the company owned pumps of IOC/HP/BP
Old 7th March 2008, 16:51   #18
Senior - BHPian

Slightly offtopic, but can someone let me know how to identify whether it is a company owned pump or a private dealer. Is there a specific logo or something like that
Old 7th March 2008, 17:33   #19
BHPian

i used to go to the Shell Petrol bunk in OMR. I then found that my car gave me better fuel efficiency whenever i filled up at the HPCL outlet in JP Nagar Ring Road near Delmia (about 0.5KM more to the litre), so you really gain nothing by filling Shell. Now with Shell stopping normal petrol, for the premium u pay it is absolutely not worth it.
Old 10th March 2008, 12:56   #20
BHPian

I was a regular user of Shell Premium ,but after the price Increase shifted to HP power ,no difference in performance and mileage with HP seems to be better .
Just my two cents .
Old 10th March 2008, 14:11   #21
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by dinu2506 View Post
Slightly offtopic, but can someone let me know how to identify whether it is a company owned pump or a private dealer. Is there a specific logo or something like that
Its clearly advertised at the bunk premises(at least at the IBP COCO buck on koromangala 80ft Road it is.)

Regards,
Old 13th March 2008, 16:38   #22
BHPian

Shell Diesel (extra) is priced at 46.xx which is 10 rupees higher than normal diesel. So they are charging 28% higher. To compensate, leaving other factors out, you need to get at least that much higher mileage. That would mean if I was getting 15kmpl, unless I get 19kmpl now, it isn't probably worth it. I don't know if we should factor in any other benefits by shell. And (I think) no way I am going to get 25% extra kilometers per drop, I decided to stop filling shell anymore.

Kousik
Old 13th March 2008, 16:46   #23
BHPian

Well I have gone back to my normal IOC diesel not even the xtramile which is total crap. IMHO. Prefer normal diesel to the super hyped fuels.
Old 13th March 2008, 16:54   #24
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by msvg View Post
Hi all,
The Petrol and diesel price in Shell is at a premium of Rs 5/- and Rs 6/- ,when compared to other petrol pumps,is it worth paying the price ? No doubts its service is good.
cheers
msvg
Hi,

even i have tried many times for my Dio, didn't find much difference .
Old 13th March 2008, 17:24   #25
BHPian

I Always Using The Shell Diesel, Not 10 Rs More Than The Normal Diesel... Its Not Worth It.what's Special For The Premium Fuels??

Please Give The Suggestion Alternate Option In Chennai Near To Velachery Suround Area??

Thanks
Old 13th March 2008, 18:01   #26
BHPian

not worth it

After they stopped normal fuel I have so far tried 3 tank fulls and it's not worth the extra bucks, my economy remains unchanged.
Think that the general opinion from all as the shell pumps on mysore road are almost deserted all day.
Old 14th March 2008, 09:23   #27
Senior - BHPian

Lets teach them a lesson.. if they want to do business in india.. follow the standard..

I would go for shell if the petrol would give me something in return for the extra 6 rs i put.

So far i havent seen anything...

Folks.. shell is better compared to the other outlets who cheat.. but if you fill in a trusted outlet(HP or IOC) quality is on par with shell.

so why pay extra ?
Old 14th March 2008, 12:54   #28
BHPian

The other day I went to an IOC petrol bunk because I saw in a poll here that many people prefer IOC. I was waiting in the queue and another bike came and stood next to the guy who was getting petrol filled at that time. I thought the guy who was filling the petrol would notice that I and other had been in the queue and would fuel our bikes first. But, the guy started filling the bike of the guy who had just come then!
I protested and told we are in "queue". Ok, the guy does not have decency to come in the queue, the attender should have some sense.

I know it is of no use in India... people make you feel like you are wrong, if you raise your voice against something thats wrong.

I hated that experience, and i thought about this thread at that time. Is it worth paying extra bucks to shell? It is definitely worth! They have some system, and I wont end up spoiling my mood and at the end of the day I am sure that the fuel that goes in my vehicle is good!
Old 14th March 2008, 14:09   #29
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by vasanthn21 View Post
The other day I went to an IOC petrol bunk because I saw in a poll here that many people prefer IOC. I was waiting in the queue and another bike came and stood next to the guy who was getting petrol filled at that time. I thought the guy who was filling the petrol would notice that I and other had been in the queue and would fuel our bikes first. But, the guy started filling the bike of the guy who had just come then!
I protested and told we are in "queue". Ok, the guy does not have decency to come in the queue, the attender should have some sense.

I know it is of no use in India... people make you feel like you are wrong, if you raise your voice against something thats wrong.

I hated that experience, and i thought about this thread at that time. Is it worth paying extra bucks to shell? It is definitely worth! They have some system, and I wont end up spoiling my mood and at the end of the day I am sure that the fuel that goes in my vehicle is good!
There is a point Vasanth. That is how everyone must do business but unfortunately they don't. But Rs.10 extra on Diesel and Rs.6 on petrol looks unjustified. I would approve of anything upto Rs.3 over other bunks for the service and quality. But the current prices are irrational.

In Chennai Shell Petrol costs Rs.55.10. Few months back it was just Rs.49.50 compared to the normal petrol which sold for Rs.46.xx. I was seriously shocked when I looked at the other filling machine displaying the dispatched fuel and a price of Rs.46.xx and couldn't decipher the meaning. Then understood that it was the price of diesel! Normal petrol sells for Rs.49.xx elsewhere I think. Where is the difference between petrol and diesel prices then.

Whoever is filling their tank currently in Shell will just hereafter fill for Rs.500 odd and ensure they reach a proper IOC, BP or HP outlet. Shell will learn a lesson pretty soon. Already I see the Reliance outlets in Chennai deserted mostly. No one goes near.
Old 14th March 2008, 14:34   #30
Senior - BHPian

46 Rs for a litre of diesel??? in BLR? Man, in mumbai, I get petrol for 48.92 (normal)!!! Now I know the reason why so many Reva's are sold here
Closed Thread

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks