Team-BHP > The Indian Car Scene
Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

Closed Thread
  Search this Thread
Old 14th March 2008, 18:10   #31
BHPian

I feel its a ploy not sell MS/HSD on a subsidised rates and suffer losses since private sector Oilcos are not being re-imbursed by the Govt for the subsidy. IOC xtramile diesel has Elf additives which is mixed to the diesel at the oil depots.

I dont think whatever shell adds to the diesel would cost them Rs10/ltr extra, when the cost difference between normal IOC diesel and xtramile diesel is not more than Rs1/ltr.
Old 14th March 2008, 18:51   #32
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by vasanthn21 View Post
I hated that experience, and i thought about this thread at that time. Is it worth paying extra bucks to shell? It is definitely worth!
Uh, remember that it is 10/- "per litre" ... so for a tankful of my Innova I'll have to shell out ~500/- extra. That is too much even if they offered me snacks/coffee/shoe polish ...

Kousik
Old 14th March 2008, 19:05   #33
BHPian

Look at it the other way around - if subsidies are removed and shell costs same as IOC/HP and a Shell outlet is within reach, how many of us would buy from IOC/HP by choice?
Old 14th March 2008, 21:45   #34
BHPian

ditto here. Shell rocks!

Quote:
Originally Posted by vasanthn21 View Post
The other day I went to an IOC petrol bunk because I saw in a poll here that many people prefer IOC. I was waiting in the queue and another bike came and stood next to the guy who was getting petrol filled at that time
I hated that experience, and i thought about this thread at that time. Is it worth paying extra bucks to shell? It is definitely worth! They have some system, and I wont end up spoiling my mood and at the end of the day I am sure that the fuel that goes in my vehicle is good!
Ditto here. I once went to a IOC Filling Station near my place after seeing IOC having more encouragement here next to Shell. But i had the worst experience in IOC. I had come in to fill in to my bike. The fools there were busy eating ice cream (all four of them) and even when i got down from the bike (usual habit from Shell) and opened the tank cap, the assistants there were not at all bothered. It was so insulting and i told them on their face they will never see me or my friends in your filling station again. And even then i saw no reaction in them (seen from my RVM)

So its Shell for me again.cheers:
Old 14th March 2008, 22:02   #35
BHPian

For me its Shell i have been using i for some about 2 years now and have found the Super Petrol very good, increased performance and mileage. I agree with True Dreamer i find the IOC and BP guys lazing around there is no customer service at all, also they try all ways and means to cheat their customers by diverting attention or keeping you engaged in small talks this is my exp here in Bangalore.
Old 16th March 2008, 14:32   #36
BHPian

Shell Premium Petrol has been increased to Rs 58.85 per litre from today (16/3/08)

Sometime back i got another Shock from my dear Shell Shell Premium Petrol has been increased to Rs 58.85 per litre from today (16/3/08). And this forced me to think again at last. I may now have to choose one of the newly established clean HP filling stations.
Old 16th March 2008, 15:00   #37
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Hurrycane12 View Post
For me its Shell i have been using i for some about 2 years now and have found the Super Petrol very good, increased performance and mileage. I agree with True Dreamer i find the IOC and BP guys lazing around there is no customer service at all, also they try all ways and means to cheat their customers by diverting attention or keeping you engaged in small talks this is my exp here in Bangalore.
That is so true, I have experienced that many times here. Its better to have someone with you while you are at filling station to have look at what the guy is doing.
Old 16th March 2008, 19:04   #38
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by TrueDreamer View Post
Sometime back i got another Shock from my dear Shell Shell Premium Petrol has been increased to Rs 58.85 per litre from today (16/3/08). And this forced me to think again at last. I may now have to choose one of the newly established clean HP filling stations.
well - its 59.05 in bangalore from today. was a shocker ! I have done my last filling at shell today.
Old 16th March 2008, 21:43   #39
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by nssrini View Post
well - its 59.05 in bangalore from today. was a shocker ! I have done my last filling at shell today.
Thats too much. Bye bye shell.
Old 16th March 2008, 21:55   #40
BHPian

I would like to add another negative (not exactly of Shell) but by this particular assistant at a Shell Filling Station in Hyderabad (For Hyderabadi's this is the one at IDA, Nacharam / Mallapur).

As we know, Shell offers free air and the assistant there usually asks us for the pressures. I understand that they work hard all the day at the air pump but they must not be showing their displeasure to the customers. Today, as usual after filling in Super Petrol by Shelling out Rs 60 for 1.02L (Rs 58.85/L), i went for air check (my usual habit at every refill) and leave alone the assistant asking the pressure amount and instead started using the same 40psi from the previous setting used for a rear tire of a bike. I first thought he was probably tired and forgot but this was the same for two vehicles until a alto came and he reduced it to 30psi. Also he is not putting back the cap (or whatever you call) after filling the air back to the nossle and telling 'bye sir' in their usual fashion.

I am sad that for the first time, i saw the Quality had gone down. Thanks to this individual.
Old 2nd April 2008, 17:03   #41
BHPian

Bumping this thread to life again as Shell increased its prices today again to Rs 60.05 Per Liter in Hyderabad. Should be about Rs 62 in Bangalore :(

Most HPCL filling stations are running out of Petrol now. So had to go back to Shell and got this shock!
Old 2nd April 2008, 17:12   #42
Senior - BHPian

From last 1 month I tried IOC, BP since shell was too costly what I can notice is Innova sounds big with BP Speed Petrol.

With Shell hardly any sound I used to hear and vehicle was super smooth! If Shell costs 2 rs extra than other fuels we can still go with Shell but beyond that its not worth!

Regards,

Ravi.
Old 2nd April 2008, 17:43   #43
BANNED

I was Shell shocked on Bellary Road, Bangalore on Sunday - their diesel costs 48.25 a litre! Unleaded petrol at IOC costs 49.61 in Chennai.
Old 2nd April 2008, 18:14   #44
BHPian

I was shocked too. Certainly shell given better milage and smootness, but it is not worth the premium you pay.

It is good bye time to shell.
Old 2nd April 2008, 18:44   #45
BHPian

I would still go with Shell because of the service that we get (i'm not too much bothered about the mileage or performance) and peace of mind. I had continues problems with HP/IOC/BP.

Once to my suprise HP/IOC/BP (i'm not able to recollect the pertorl bunk) filled 6 liters of petrol to my Scooty pep and i was able to see more space in the tank(the total tank capacity is 5 liter).

Most of the time when i have to full tank my car they invariably spill petrol and they dont even bother to excuse or clean and would demand to pay full amount!
Closed Thread

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks