Team-BHP > The Indian Car Scene
Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

Closed Thread
  Search this Thread
Old 2nd April 2008, 20:10   #46
Senior - BHPian

You can get similar results with after market fuel additive products at much lesser costs. Its a no brainer.

Quote:
Originally Posted by sj_koova View Post
I was shocked too. Certainly shell given better milage and smootness, but it is not worth the premium you pay.

It is good bye time to shell.
Old 2nd April 2008, 20:19   #47
Senior - BHPian

I've used Shell for a quite a long period, now shifted to BP for last 2-3 months, due to non-availability of Shell in my nearby area.And to my surprise there was no mileage drop nor any difference in driving.So I could safely say that there is not much difference between un-adulterated fuel in any normal bunk and that of Shell,atleast the kind of difference I could notice.So in a sense I said bye bye to Shell already and with the price difference of 6 Rs it doesn't at all make any sense.
Old 2nd April 2008, 20:21   #48
Senior - BHPian

I am using Shell super Petrol. Is it costlier by Rs.5 than other pumps?!! It is news to me!
Old 3rd April 2008, 07:27   #49
BHPian

Its now dearer by nearly Rs 10 and not Rs 5 than normal petrol other PSU filling stations.
Old 3rd April 2008, 08:12   #50
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by TrueDreamer View Post
Its now dearer by nearly Rs 10 and not Rs 5 than normal petrol other PSU filling stations.
This means that the price difference between premium petrol in any other pump (Say HP Power), and Shell Super petrol is Rs. 10?? I do not understand this.
Old 3rd April 2008, 08:14   #51
BHPian

I mentioned Normal Petrol at other PSU filling stations like HP, BPCL. HP Normal Unleaded costs about 50.65 and Shell Super costs Rs 60.05 a liter.

Last edited by TrueDreamer : 3rd April 2008 at 08:15.
Old 3rd April 2008, 09:55   #52
BHPian

Shell Super Unleaded costs Rs.59.05/- per litre, as paid during my last visit on the April 1st. Didn't want to post it then, as that would probably make me look like an April fool!
Seriously considering an alternative pump. Anyone please revert if you know one on Mysore Road.

Last edited by dkamath : 3rd April 2008 at 09:58.
Old 3rd April 2008, 11:03   #53
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by dkamath View Post
Seriously considering an alternative pump. Anyone please revert if you know one on Mysore Road.
Before Shell, I was frequent customer of the pure-for-sure BP bunk on mysore road. As you go from ring road junction towards RajaRajeshwari Nagar, this bunk comes on the left side.

Recently, I also tried the indian oil bunk which is about 500m inside RR Nagar entrance. Got good mileage, but I heard from others that the attenders try to cheat on quantity. So, watch that meter carefully!
Old 3rd April 2008, 14:54   #54
BHPian

Shell is for sure costlier. So I changed to HP Power recently which also gave me a better mileage. But still I believe Shell gave me smoother run and the car felt much better compared to normal/power fuel. Just filled back again in Shell for my last tankful and I could realize how smooth it feels. Though the mileage seems to be lower compared to earlier.

May be shell is using only additives to give smoother operation and not to enhance mileage. Have to try IOC and BP next. Any one know of any company operated IOC or BP outlets in chennai? I dont trust other bunks.

But at least Shell is honest and gives right quantity and quality. Others are just rip off. For the so many years they are in business they have not tried anything to improve customer experience and quality.

Last edited by LandCruiser : 3rd April 2008 at 14:57.
Old 3rd April 2008, 15:12   #55
BHPian

I filled in 10 litres today at the Shell Petrol Bunk near Graphite India, and a litre costs about 60.5 rupees!!
Old 3rd April 2008, 15:21   #56
BHPian

Friends....can anyone tell me which are the comp owned/ operated HP/ IOC bunks in B'lore on the way from yelahanka towards the city??? I couldn't find any. The private bunk owners almost refused to talk about them mentioning that it if "of no use"
Old 4th April 2008, 06:56   #57
Senior - BHPian

Yes.

Yes its really worth spending that money. We are educated bunch that can think better than those Government subsidized pump compnies and private owners.

When we buy from Shell, we are sure that the money is being handed over to safe and responsible hands and not into the hands of criminals.
If we go testing the quantity that we get, then there is going to be a huge error i.e. we are given less quantity by those government subsidized people.
Shell wont do that and the quality is really good. Reliance makes use of shell technology and they are also manufacturing good quality fuel than other people. Plus they are the one who wont cheat in quantity.

All the government sub. companies have poor quality and quality of fuel provided to us. If you go and complain, then they have contacts and you are at risk. Shell wont do this and atleast you willl get what you paid for, and environment will be protected more and your car will run better.
Old 4th April 2008, 13:53   #58
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by mtnrajdeep View Post
I filled in 10 litres today at the Shell Petrol Bunk near Graphite India, and a litre costs about 60.5 rupees!!
Sirji,

Its 60.25 and not 60.5, just had a tankfill at the same place.
Old 4th April 2008, 17:08   #59
BHPian

On Feb 23 when I filled, Shell petrol was Rs. 56.65. At that time, I thought it is too much and was searching for some other options.

Last time, on 23 March, when I filled at Shell, it was Rs. 59.05. At that time, I thought the price difference is too much and told to myself it will be my last fill at Shell.

Tomorrow, I will be off to Ooty and its time to fill again. I drive straight to my usual Shell pump at Mysore road again. Now it is Rs 60.25 . Somehow, I don't have enough guts to fill at any other pumps.

Moreover, My baby Sparky, she winks at me happily whenever I feed her Shell petrol .
Old 4th April 2008, 19:16   #60
BHPian

I think we are being taken for a ride. According to the Weights and measures government, if you fill in shell or else where, a litre is a litre. YOu can haul them up if you think the other pumps are cheating.

IMHO I dont think its worth paying a premium of 10 bucks for petrol. Many of you may say it doesnt matter, but frankly I really dont see that much of a difference in performance at all.

I stick to normal IOC petrol & diesel. Period.
Closed Thread

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks