Team-BHP > The Indian Car Scene
Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

Search this Thread
Old 8th March 2008, 17:03   #16
Senior - BHPian

when I checked today Santro AT GLS in Bangalore Ex showroom price is 3.93 lacs. They said very good discounts going on.

I feel i10 AT makes sense rather than Santro AT.

Regards,

Ravi.
Old 20th March 2008, 15:48   #17
Senior - BHPian

i10 AT will join force soon as per discussions at hyundai.They are speculative of the i10 sales figures and once it hots up they would release the AT.
ram
Old 20th March 2008, 17:40   #18
BHPian

I have booked one and taking delivery tomorrow being an auspicious day for us though regn will be done only on Monday/Tuesday- 24th/ 25th and just got a discount which is uniform with all dealers that is insurance free ( approx. 11K) and corporate discount of 6K - total 17 K- I wouldnt call it very good. It is just very normal. But the fact that they made it available again itself is a big effort from them and good for me.

Last edited by shatrughna : 20th March 2008 at 17:41.
Old 22nd March 2008, 00:49   #19
Senior - BHPian

From what ive heard, the i10 will be around 30-40K more expensive than its similar trimmed manual. The reason that the A/T cars are not available with the highest trim but with the one just below is the price. The A/t is usually priced similar to its highest spec sibling in the manual avtar so that the cost of the A/T tranny does not make the car out of reach for the common man, the highest trim already being a little out of reach.
Old 22nd March 2008, 01:16   #20
Senior - BHPian

So Gogi bhai, an Auto i10 on order already??
Old 22nd March 2008, 01:19   #21
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by iraghava View Post
So Gogi bhai, an Auto i10 on order already??
My name still in the top o fthe list as I though is buy it for Wifey before 31st March but looks like its gonna come only in may or even later. Almost finalizing another car for her. Read all about it here;

http://www.team-bhp.com/forum/what-c...tml#post767160
Old 25th March 2008, 21:51   #22
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by ravibhat View Post
when I checked today Santro AT GLS in Bangalore Ex showroom price is 3.93 lacs. They said very good discounts going on.

Checked with Hyundai dealers in Bangalore. they are insisting that offer is only for non AT models. only mp3 player is the package deal. I was planing to get one by this weekend. just wondering whether i should go ahead or wait for i10.

-arun
Old 26th March 2008, 11:24   #23
Senior - BHPian

Hey guys, what are the FE figures for the Santro automatic?
Old 26th March 2008, 20:32   #24
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by vnabhi View Post
Hey guys, what are the FE figures for the Santro automatic?
My wife's one year old car gives 11.5kmpl in the city with AC.
Old 27th March 2008, 10:56   #25
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by StarScream View Post
My wife's one year old car gives 11.5kmpl in the city with AC.
Thats pretty good FE. I just got the tank filled yesterday. For 36 odd litre paid Rs.1700+ amount for (premium) petrol and I guess I ll be able to drive approx. 420 kms max.(FE 11.5kmpl) @ Rs. 4.15 per km.

For 46 litres of Diesel ( trubo) paid RS.1650/- for Verna and I should be easily driving approx. 750 kms.( FE-17kmpl) @ Rs.2.2 per km.

Still, I am very happy. It is really so much peace of mind in the city's start stop traffic condition.
Old 27th March 2008, 16:54   #26
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by shatrughna View Post
Thats pretty good FE. I just got the tank filled yesterday. For 36 odd litre paid Rs.1700+ amount for (premium) petrol and I guess I ll be able to drive approx. 420 kms max.(FE 11.5kmpl) @ Rs. 4.15 per km.

For 46 litres of Diesel ( trubo) paid RS.1650/- for Verna and I should be easily driving approx. 750 kms.( FE-17kmpl) @ Rs.2.2 per km.

Still, I am very happy. It is really so much peace of mind in the city's start stop traffic condition.
Peace of mind is right. It's a breeze to drive and park.
We really only do one thing to boost the FE. At every long halt we switch to neutral so that the engine doesn't keep straining against the brakes and burn more fuel.
Old 27th March 2008, 17:16   #27
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by StarScream View Post
We really only do one thing to boost the FE. At every long halt we switch to neutral so that the engine doesn't keep straining against the brakes and burn more fuel.
Try switching off the engine at long halts, instead of shifting to neutral. Shifting to neutral is just essential driving technique.
Old 27th March 2008, 20:07   #28
BANNED

Quote:
Originally Posted by vasudeva View Post
Try switching off the engine at long halts, instead of shifting to neutral. Shifting to neutral is just essential driving technique.
I think he is ref to an AT where I dont think thats essential driving technique?

What I do is at expected long waits I shift to P and relieve my leg from the brakes.
Old 27th March 2008, 23:30   #29
BHPian

Deepak is right. I am referring to AT but what Vasudeva has said is ultimately what actually saves max fuel as even in P, if the engine is on - it still burns fuel. In Verna switching off the engine, needs to be bit more alert as one has to turn the key to on position and wait for few seconds till the glow plug / heater indicator switches off befor I can twist the key to crank.

In petrol cars that is just not needed - I can simply turn in the key and twist to crank in N or P and push the throttle-drive away. This will definitely save some fuel but how much - that needs to be seen.

Vasudeva Sir- have you checked difference in FE in your corolla -with your car in P / N while switched on at signals and with engine switched off - I hope its substantial , if its neglible then it doesnt mean much as its another hassle to start engine and then disengage hand brake, shift to D from P or N and move.
Old 27th March 2008, 23:34   #30
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by johy View Post
Nice to have the auto again, but does Hyundai think it is feminine to drive autos?
No, the whole of India does excepting a few.

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks