Team-BHP > The Indian Car Scene
Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

Search this Thread
Old 19th October 2016, 17:00   #46
Distinguished - BHPian

Re: What is the Process for getting a Duplicate RC Book?

Quote:
Originally Posted by hserus View Post
As the RC has been endorsed in Tirupur the Tirupur RTO has to be approached.

No special procedure at all.
Checked with a RTO agent, Trichy RTO to be approached.
Procedure : Get an NOC from Tiruppur RTO (where the bike is currently endorsed) and with that approach Trichy RTO (where the bike is originally registered) At both RTOs owner should appear in person along with the bike and supporting documents
Mr.Boss is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 10th January 2024, 19:10   #47

Re: What is the Process for getting a Duplicate RC Book?

Hi,

Posting my experience to file for issuing a duplicate RC smartcard at the Gurgaon RTO.

The list of documents as listed on the Parivhan website are here - https://parivahan.gov.in/parivahan//...t/duplicate-rc, however, this is not the complete list!

Application in Form 26
Police certificate
Pollution under control certificate
Valid insurance certificate*
Proof of address*
Challan clearance from traffic police & Enforcement wing Transport Department in commercial vehicles*
Tax clearance from Accounts Department in commercial vehicles*
Attested copy of PAN Card or Form 60 & Form 61(as applicable) *
Chassis & Engine Pencil Print*
Signature Identification of owner*
Affidavit stating that RC is lost and has not been impounded*

The above is not a comprehensive list and a few changes are there as per what i experienced.

I was not asked for a chasis and engine pencil print. A new requirement was a vehicle report from the National Crime Bureau to affirm vehicle is not involved in any court case. i was also asked to add a picture of me standing next to my vehicle to be added to the application.

After all of this, i was able to submit these documents to the RTO today after which my online application reflects complete. The status till yesterday was payment made but not inwarded to the RTO which caused me to visit them and find that hard copy documents are needed to be submitted.

This is not a contactless or faceless activity but requires a visit to the RTO to submit additional documents than listed on the government website.

Hope this helps others.
Trucker is offline   (1) Thanks

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks