Team-BHP > The Indian Car Scene
Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

Search this Thread
Old 15th February 2005, 09:38   #61
Team-BHP Support

Quote:
Originally Posted by merve_extreme
GM also owns part of suzuki if u remember.
True but will Fiat pass its technology onto GM now that they are distinct. Maybe Fiat could utilise existing capacity to build engines
Old 15th February 2005, 11:08   #62
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by nmdeccanet
Looks like a clone of the FIAT - PAL partnership model..Fiat looks more and more like a holding company than one who makes cars for a living..
I would say that Fiat understands that it is a good carmaker but is very pathetic in marketing its car. So, it is taking the help of local talent here who understand Indian conditions better. Looks like Hindujas or AL will be the front end for Fiat in India.
Old 15th February 2005, 15:26   #63
Senior - BHPian

so now we know that Fiat is here to stay.so let us start recomending the petra and palio once again because we know that Fiat spares will be available and company service is bound to improve.

Good luck to FIAT INDIA and FIAT AUTO SPA.
Old 15th February 2005, 16:21   #64
Senior - BHPian

Just read in Business standard that Fiat is here to stay !! the big brass have said that Fiat has a future in India and Also GM has invested some cash into Fiat - and yeah they are definitely looking at introducing MASERATI here !!
Old 15th February 2005, 18:54   #65
Senior - BHPian

I wouldn't wait for Fiat to stabilize before I advise Petra If anyone is not concerned about resale, I'll recommend Petra any day. More I use it, more I like it.
Old 15th February 2005, 19:08   #66
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by RX135
I wouldn't wait for Fiat to stabilize before I advise Petra If anyone is not concerned about resale, I'll recommend Petra any day. More I use it, more I like it.
hey RX
i told so for the people who were afraid to recomend FIAT cars due to future of FIAT in India.i'll myself recomend FIAT anyday.
Old 15th February 2005, 19:15   #67
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by ajmat
True but will Fiat pass its technology onto GM now that they are distinct. Maybe Fiat could utilise existing capacity to build engines

yes sure.they have parted mutually without going to court and GM has assigned FIAT "most favoured status" when it comes supplying to diesel engines.also FIAT can use GM's help if needed in marketing ,PD etc.it is their parting deal.if u know the tieup was not at auto level but was like FIAT Group of Companies-GM group of companies,which includes cars,heavy industries,construction etc.we will have Fiat diesel engines on marutis,opels and Fiats in india in near future.
Old 15th February 2005, 22:49   #68
Senior - BHPian

The sound bytes from Fiat VP are really encouraging. He has said stuff thats music to my ears
I believe that it's perfectly normal to make mistakes, even blunders. But the main point is whether you have learnt from those mistakes. Fiat, it seems, has finally started to learn where it has gone wrong and that i will say is the first step in the revival of Fiat India. Now that we know that fiat is going to support and focus on fiat india, we can safely assume that fiat is here to stay. I hope the company does whats it's been saying it plans to do and if they pull it off then we will finally get to drive and own some real european hatches.
I have always believed that fiat can rule India. Fiat is a master in making small hatches and India will ALWAYS have a hatch market.
Come on Fiat! Buck up!
Old 15th February 2005, 23:04   #69
Senior - BHPian

Someone in Fiat really likes me. I have a reply now from the Fiat head office too. Read it below:

Modello auto:

Fiat Palio 1.6

RICHIESTA CONTACTUS
Tipo di richiesta:Informations
I live in India and would like to know some information on Fiat's plans
for India. No one in our country is sure if Fiat plans to stay in India
or it may pull out anytime it feels like it. Currently, the website of
fiat india (www.fiat-india.com) is not working due to non payment of
dues for over a year! What kind of message does this send to potential
customers? Your company launched the Petra and did not advertise it even
once! How do you expect to sell the car and how do you expect people to
believe in the company. The after sales service and marketing is
non-existent and Fiat india is bleeding to death. Sales of Palio and
Petra (widely regarded as the best cars in their segment) are almost
dead. India is today the second fastest growing car market in the world
and your company struggles to sell 200 units a month! Please let all the
present and future (if there are any left!)customers know once and for
all your plans for the Indian market. I am a Fiat customer and hope you
will not disappoint me.

And their reply was as follows:

Dear Sir,

Thank you for your email, we have taken the liberty of sending your comments to the appropiate department where our staff will see if it is possible to assist you with your issue .

Best Regards
Krystina Buchholc
customer care Fiat
Old 16th February 2005, 11:15   #70
Team-BHP Support

Looks like Maruti gets shafted - check out link below
http://www.business-standard.com/com...t=0&leftindx=1
Old 17th February 2005, 13:14   #71
Distinguished - BHPian

so fiat is here to say
hope they do something i dont want to sell of my car for 2 lacs IF i do sell it.
resale has begun to affect me now even though i keep that cars for 5 years and i love my palio too much to sell it off for 2 lacs to some learner
Old 17th February 2005, 15:34   #72
GTO
Team-BHP Support

I find it really surprising that most members trust FIat emails and a news article (more of a press release) enough to confirm that Fiat is staying in India.

When Fiat does something about its management, investments, dealerships, customer service, sales and website - Thats the indication that Fiat is atleast trying to stay.

Merely talking of a new management or fresh investments or even "this time watch us!" does not equate to anything. Havent we heard this one before?

It is not confirmed yet that Fiat is going to stay in this country or not. But the situation they face has many similarities today...as Peugeot and Daewoo did in the 90's.

GTO
Old 17th February 2005, 17:29   #73
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by GTO
I find it really surprising that most members trust FIat emails and a news article (more of a press release) enough to confirm that Fiat is staying in India.

When Fiat does something about its management, investments, dealerships, customer service, sales and website - Thats the indication that Fiat is atleast trying to stay.

Merely talking of a new management or fresh investments or even "this time watch us!" does not equate to anything. Havent we heard this one before?

It is not confirmed yet that Fiat is going to stay in this country or not. But the situation they face has many similarities today...as Peugeot and Daewoo did in the 90's.

GTO
the letters are an immediate indication that they are still there replying to the customers concern.You dont expect companies to put out a board saying "i am here to stay".you have to guess it.fiat is in better shape(after getting $2billion from GM) than Deawoo and Peugot never really established itself,so it ran away.India is growing market and u dont see companies leaving it,not without the fight.

by the way what indications have u got from the company which says "i am leaving." have they put out a board or have they stopped manufacturing cars,are they closing the showrooms(shaman Fiat is exception),is there shortage of spares,warrany issues .everthing is normal leaving aside the website.U just guessed it that something is wrong so we are guessing that seeing the reports and visit by fiat Head,promptness of reply that Fiat is staying.No offence.
Old 17th February 2005, 17:55   #74
GTO
Team-BHP Support

Quote:
fiat is in better shape(after getting $2billion from GM) than Deawoo and Peugot never really established itself,so it ran away.
Dude, GM paid Fiat $2 Billion so that it would NOT have to take over its car business and to avoid sticking to the "put" option. Do you even realise what it means when a businessman pays you money to NOT have anything to do with your business?

I truly feel sympathetic for a company that "is in better shape" of money paid to them for not honouring previous terms of a contract. Are they here to make money out of selling cars or out of legal implications?

Quote:
the letters are an immediate indication that they are still there replying to the customers concern.
Hell ya, they replied telling you that they are here to stay. Do you expect them to tell you "Nope, dont buy our cars cos we are in a deep trench and we will exit shortly"?

Quote:

by the way what indications have u got from the company which says "i am leaving." have they put out a board or have they stopped manufacturing cars,are they closing the showrooms(shaman Fiat is exception),is there shortage of spares,warrany issues .everthing is normal leaving aside the website.U just guessed it that something is wrong so we are guessing that seeing the reports and visit by fiat Head,promptness of reply that Fiat is staying.No offence.
It really has little to do with guessing, and more with common sense. When a company has lost its customers, has about 1% of the small car market, no dealerships (How many does Bangalore have? Or South bombay?), no profits, no sales, no real management...the writing is really on the wall.

Let me tell you one more thing : Fiat has publicly said that they are looking to strengthen their Indian position NOT BY THEIR OWN INVESTMENT, but by using outside money.

To quote from this Economic Times Article -

"The revival options include a brand new collaboration with the Hinduja group or a management buyout (MBO), headed by a strong local team and financed by private equity firms and NRI money."

When a businessman does not want to pump his own money in, you can just tell how much confidence they have in their own business.

You are guessing that things are right looking at some replies and a visit by Fiat reps? I KNOW that things are terrible by just comparing simple statistics. They have absolutely no brand value left in India and are sliding downhill fast.

Like I said, indications are stronger of Fiats exit from India than Fiat staying back. And the current sales show what the customers belief is too.

GTO
Old 17th February 2005, 23:05   #75
Senior - BHPian

GTO i dont want to argue with u.u have ur own opinion.got another mail from Fiat,Italy.If u see i never asked them if they were staying on or shoul i buy their cars.
money whichever way they have got it now.if they are talking to some people to improve their marketing then is it not a positive step.

what u are basically telling is since Fiat has messed it up they have to leave.can't companies make a comeback.especially company with small cars like Panda,Stilo.Even if they are trying to do something it is +ve step not a sign of exit.anyway this argument ends here atleast for me.No offence please.

see mail:
Note
Dear Sir,
we refer to your e-mail which has been passed to our Office for information and action.

While expressing our sincere apologies for the situation you are commenting, we wish to thank you for giving us the benefit of your opinion.
We believe in fact that the "voice" of our Customer is for us a great opportunity; we have to work together to improve the quality of our services and achieve better results.

We sincerely hope that the present situation may have a positive development so that all our Customers can obtain the assistance they are entitled to receive.

With our thanks and regards.

Franca Aiassa
Customer Care

--------------------------------------
Caso n° 2890679 in carico a Aiassa

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks