Team-BHP > The Indian Car Scene
Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

Search this Thread
Old 14th June 2007, 23:29   #16
Team-BHP Support

1.1 visible is just the ORVM's which are internally adjustable and the rear wash wipe as well as inside separate rear adjustable rear headrests and power windows.
Old 14th June 2007, 23:35   #17
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by xinome View Post
how do you spot the difference b/w the 0.8 and 1.1 models
Simple. The 1.1 variants were the VX and VXi ones. 800cc ones are LX and LXi. (All this info on their respective boot lids.)

Last edited by ess_a : 14th June 2007 at 23:36. Reason: More Info
Old 14th June 2007, 23:52   #18
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by ess_a View Post
Simple. The 1.1 variants were the VX and VXi ones. 800cc ones are LX and LXi. (All this info on their respective boot lids.)
is it possible for me to get an engine transplant from the 800 to the 1.1 or anyother suitable engine
Old 15th June 2007, 11:03   #19
Senior - BHPian

Yes. They should re-launch that engine in the Alto. I would buy one. I like these Maruti workhorses. They do their work without any complaint. And a little more power will be gladly accepted.
Old 15th June 2007, 11:55   #20
BHPian

Quote:
is it possible for me to get an engine transplant from the 800 to the 1.1 or anyother suitable engine
It is possible, and if IIRC Speedzak was planning to do somthing like this.. But am not too sure what eventually resulted. The pros on this forum would like to comment on this....
Old 15th June 2007, 12:18   #21
BHPian

not feasible

I think it's not feasible to self do a 0.8 to 1.1 conversion, read somewhere in mags that the current issue with Maruti is separate cost of Engine, gearbox & drive terrian outrun the cost of brand new car.

Yes, if it would be gr8 if Maruti could relaunch it. Don't think they will relaunch the 5 speed 800, it will definitely eat up sale in lower seg. Alto.
Old 15th June 2007, 21:12   #22
Senior - BHPian

I say discontinue the current wagonR, and bring the Alto 1.1 back with the new looks (clear lens, new interiors like in Alto 800). We already have a tall boy in Maruti lineup (the Estilo). And the new wagonR with K series engine is due next year anyways.
Old 15th June 2007, 22:48   #23

I found from all your quotes that Maruti Has stopped the Production of the 1.1 Alto, But you know i own a Suzuki Alto 1.1 Midnight Black 2006 Model i.e. the present model in Doha Qatar with the following stock features

1. 1100 CC Engine
2. Dual Airbags
3. Power Windows
4. Rotary Control A/C
5. Speedo Meter & Rpm Meter
6. Green Tinted Glass
7. Kenwood Casette Player with Front Speakers, Cigaratte Lighter Socket
8. Stylish Side Mirrors on both sides which can be controlled from inside
9. Full Wheel Covers with tubless tires
10. Body Coloured Bumpers and Side Mirrors & with Chrome colour on top of the front grill(I saw almost for all altos in India having Black colour on tof of the front grill.
11. Seat belts for front and back seats.
11. Manual Transmission

None of the body of car can be seen in the interior, all are covered

This car is sold in Doha Qatar with only the suzuki badge by the Suzuki Dealer Teyseer Motors, but this car is manufatured in India by maruti udyog and exported to Doha. 16 VALVE Maruti is written on top of the Engine and this Car also has an automatic Transmission Model now, which is also manufatured by maruti udyog, which i am planning to buy next year.

I dont know why its not sold in India, i also know that this car is exported to some other gulf countries like Kuwait ets and also to european countries.
Old 16th June 2007, 00:08   #24
BANNED

Quote:
allrite guys are many of these 1.1 cars around,
how do you spot the difference b/w the 0.8 and 1.1 models
Your english is really confusing baba! But let me try.
You mean there are many 1.1L Altos around? Compared to the .8L one (LX-LXi), there are very few 1.1L (VX-VXi) on the roads.
Quote:
Originally Posted by xinome
plus is it possible for an engine upgrade for the alto
Engine upgrade is very much possible in any car given that you have the budget for it. I've seen Altos (abroad) running Engines upto 1.3L and some crazy cars with 1.6L too.

For the Alto .8L, the best fit would be the 1.1L engine itself as there is very less job involved for the swap. Keep an eye on the wagonR crashes. If you're lucky, you may find a totalled car with a not so bad engine. I've done similar kinda job an my Alto and had to go back to the old one due to some serious engine damage on the 1.1 engine block due to the accident it suffered.

Alto VX can be easily identified by looking at the rear. (Yeah, some people are always perverts. ) Only Alto 1.1s came with rear wipers OE.

@Rishaj. How about a pic of your car? We would definitely love to see it.

Last edited by speedzak : 16th June 2007 at 00:16.
Old 16th June 2007, 13:12   #25
Team-BHP Support

Quote:
Originally Posted by DCEite View Post
I say discontinue the current wagonR, and bring the Alto 1.1 back with the new looks (clear lens, new interiors like in Alto 800). We already have a tall boy in Maruti lineup (the Estilo). And the new wagonR with K series engine is due next year anyways.
If you see last month sales figures (source ACI), WagonR sold 9401 units while the Zen estilo sold 3699 units.

WagonR is selling more than twice the number of Estilo's sold. And, i know of few people who went to buy the Zen estilo, but liked the looks of the wagonR instead (Estilo looks too girlish) and bought it.

With sales close to 10,000 units a month, would they discontinue it so soon?

Quote:
Originally Posted by speedzak View Post
Rishaj. How about a pic of your car? We would definitely love to see it.
Waiting...
Old 17th June 2007, 06:45   #26
BANNED

And, what was the BHP of Alto 1.1 ? Is it 54 BHP ?
Old 17th June 2007, 07:13   #27
BHPian

I was lucky that I managed to get one of the last few LXI xfuns...800cc though
Old 17th June 2007, 07:51   #28
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by mithun View Post
And, what was the BHP of Alto 1.1 ? Is it 54 BHP ?
Its 64 BHP, same as WagonR and Zen Estilo.

Where did 54 come from?
Old 17th June 2007, 09:32   #29
BHPian

my girlfriend's father own's a wagon r pride and man it drives like hell - I only wish that the alto had the 1.1 engine and the wagon - r's punch...I have noticed while accelerating in the alto if you turn off the ac there is a sudden power surge...as if someone pressed the "booster" button...
Old 17th June 2007, 11:14   #30
Team-BHP Support

Quote:
Originally Posted by sabret00the View Post
my girlfriend's father own's a wagon r pride and man it drives like hell - I only wish that the alto had the 1.1 engine and the wagon - r's punch...I have noticed while accelerating in the alto if you turn off the ac there is a sudden power surge...as if someone pressed the "booster" button...
Thats the case with the wagonR too.

Only difference i have felt is that the 'punch' is more than Alto. But, alto is more fun to drive, specially around corners.

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks