Team-BHP - VW Polo for 4.35 lakhs - Business Standard
Team-BHP

Team-BHP (https://www.team-bhp.com/forum/)
-   The Indian Car Scene (https://www.team-bhp.com/forum/indian-car-scene/)
-   -   VW Polo for 4.35 lakhs - Business Standard (https://www.team-bhp.com/forum/indian-car-scene/37866-vw-polo-4-35-lakhs-business-standard-3.html)

Pure speculation.

Quote:

Originally Posted by Fountainheader (Post 782614)
Manufacturing to start from 2010 and they have already announced the prices to 2 decimal places ? :D

Absolutely right. If VW really said this, it is a shame.

Its a great news for all the VW fansclap:. But I think its too early to speculate on the prices. If the Fabia has to be retained in the premium hatch category, and also give competition to the likes of Swift, Getz, etc; the Polo has to be priced very competitively. Either way VW would avoid eating up on its own sales.
Now to place itself as a premium brand, or let Skoda retain that tag would be a big Q in front of VW.

I think we should rather wait instead of following this news.
Would be suprised if they pull it off with their pricing that too
4.35llol:

What about the quality of A.S.S from VW ?

Everyone knows about Skoda...!

VW is planning to laucnh Polo in 2010.
Link:
Volkswagen sets 2010 launch date for small car Polo

The complete article is :
Quote:

Volkswagen sets 2010 launch date for small car Polo

Mumbai, Volkswagen?s small car ?Polo? will be rolled out from its upcoming Chakan plant in 2010.
?This is a very good concept for India. Polo will be tailor-made for Indian conditions and for similar type of markets. We are working on it internally,? said Mr Joerg Mueller, President and Managing Director, Volkswagen Group India, on the sidelines of the launch of Jetta sedan, the second locally assembled model from the German carmaker.
The company officials did not divulge details about the pricing and other specifications, including the size of the car. It is still not clear if the proposed car will be pitched against Maruti Suzuki?s Alto, Wagon R and Hyundai?s Santro in the compact car segment.
?It will be a premium car in the small car segment. This is part of our top-down strategy for India. We began with Passat in the luxury segment, now we are launching Jetta in the D segment and we will launch small car Polo,? said Mr Mueller. The Chakan plant will be operational in the first half of 2009, a year ahead of schedule.
Fabia production
Volkswagen will begin production of Fabia, the premium hatchback from the group company Skoda, at the Chakan plant next year. The company will invest Rs 3,500 crore by 2010 when the installation of the 1.1 lakh-capacity plant will be completed.
Mr Mueller said that the local content in Volkswagen cars will increase once the plant becomes operational. ?We are here not only to sell cars. We are working with vendors. We will source parts from India,? he said.
The newly launched Jetta is assembled at Skoda?s Aurangabad plant and its parts are imported from Mexico. At the entry level, the medium size sedan with 1.6-litre petrol engine is priced at 12.97 lakh. In the mid range, with 1.9 litre diesel engine, it is priced at Rs 14.22 lakh and at the top range, the 1.9 litre diesel model will cost Rs 16.67 lakh ex-showroom Delhi.
?We are looking at selling 12,000 units of Jetta in 2008,? said Mr Mueller. Jetta, which was originally launched in Europe 29 years ago, has sold more than 8 million units worldwide so far.
Beetle study
He indicated that Beetle, the most popular Volkswagen model, would come to India within a year. ?We have plans to launch Beetle in India. We are studying the possibilities,? he said.
He also said that the commercial vehicle arm of Volkswagen is looking at India with great interest. ?Our commercial vehicle team will come to India next week to study the market,? he said.

Polo will be priced much higher than 5 lac. The current Polo model in US starts from $15000 (priced as Civic models). Unless they launch an old generation, there's no way to have VW Polo below 10 lac. VW is an expensive brand when compared to their Japanese counterpart, no wonder their cars are loaded.

Quote:

Originally Posted by Dine (Post 907503)
Polo will be priced much higher than 5 lac. The current Polo model in US starts from $15000 (priced as Civic models). Unless they launch an old generation, there's no way to have VW Polo below 10 lac. VW is an expensive brand when compared to their Japanese counterpart, no wonder their cars are loaded.

While I won't comment on the possible pricing, I think VW have a good plan for the Polo, they already indicated that to cut costs they will replace certain important components with metal equivalent sourced from India instead of the alloys or composites in the Euro spec versions. Considering that they are going to bring out both the hatch and sedan, I guess Polo hatch would be a i20/Jazz/GP competitor , but expect it to be heavier than the competition.

Quote:

Originally Posted by mithun (Post 784545)
What about the quality of A.S.S from VW ?

Everyone knows about Skoda...!

Truly a million dollar question! Skoda has gotten itself a nasty reputation for the dismal after sales; it will be interesting to see if VW can manage to keep their customers happier. They need to work, and work really hard.

Sorry to bump this thread,

Nuevo Volkswagen Polo, primeras imágenes

Looks like a mini Golf to me

Quote:

Originally Posted by Dine (Post 907503)

Dine, you live in the US? You should know that the Polo is not sold in the US and the $15000 car is the Rabbit 2.5 which is the Golf in Europe.

Yes, more than getting a VW for 4.5 lkhs, it would be A.S.S thats really gonna matter. We have fabia for just above 5+, but considering the SKoda service we cant buy them like we buy a swift.

Same will be the case with Polo

Quote:

Originally Posted by LLL (Post 782752)
Ridiculous news and VW is living in a fools paradise.

Which fool will buy a "Polo" for 4.35 L? We get a ikon, dezire, logan, indigo within same price range, and that too with a "dicky" and good mileage. we will also get similar priced small diesel cars before Polo is launched. polo with no service network, unknown "average".

Mr Joerg would be well advised to learn from his italian & czech neighbours.

I had a chance to drive Polo for a to and fro journey totalling over 1200 Kms and let me tell you that it impressed me sort of nothing. If really they can stick to their speculated price , it's gonna give swift a run for their money.
Adv:
1. Much , much more spacious that swift. I was travelling with 5 healthy Brazilans (Including 2 girls although) and dint fell anything cramped for that long joureny.
2. Boot has a generous spcae , had some luggages for 5 personns and everything went fine in the reasonably sozed boot.
3. As it is sufficiently bigger in size than swift, getz will have a more enchanting road presence.

The mileage I got was around 13.5 Kpl in the highway ( engine was 1.6 L) with 60% AC on and at a speed of 120-130 most of the time. So, for a more sedate driving habbit, one can expect a highway mileage in the terrioty of 15 surely. I'm yet to check the city mileage though.

Also to note, VW cars are the cheapest one here in Brazil to maintain and have higher resale values that anybody else.

Cons:
1. As we are yet to get any VW cars in the market, people will initially be skeptical about the service cost, brand reputation etc.
2. I must say that the interiors din't impress me at all. For that upper part of the hatchback segment, one much expect a better quality plastics and soothing two tone interiors rather that just dull gray.

But, provided thay can offer the product at this reasonable price and can buid a good service network, I feel it has a really high potential to succeed.

VW service will be pathetic.

Jetta is already troublesome, skoda is horrible, now a 4 lakh car with 20000 per service costs.

Perhaps the VW and Skoda philosophy is to sell a car relatively cheap ( in their terms ) and then make money on the service and spares....:Shockked:

Either way, I have owned an Audi and 2 Skoda's - don't think I'm going to buy another car from this group/ stable in a hurry !!

VW Polo for 4.35 will be a good deal. it will compete with Maruti Swift
in that segment. VW's generally have very cool interiors. my bro has
VW Jetta and I have BMW 325i(E46). His Jetta interiors r very similar
to BMW. VW's used to have electrical and coil issues 8-10 yrs back but that
should have been sorted by now.

rawnak