Team-BHP > The Indian Car Scene
Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

Search this Thread
Old 11th June 2008, 11:25   #61
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by mjothi View Post
I just saw in ET that the Nano will be launched around October to customer. Booking should start from mid-September.

Expect the booking backlog to be huge enough that Maruti takes out an ad proclaiming its fast (less than 1 yr) delivery times for SwiftD and Dzire.

Regarding the interior space, Hamzad Sorabjee of ACI had sat in it/test driven it and mentioned that it was indeed much more spacious than the 800, and it would easily beat the Alto as well. Also apparently one of Ratan Tata's mandatory specs for the car was that it should comfortably fit a fully grown adult (he himself has a 6 ft frame) and you can also see it in the pics where he is driving the Nano at the auto show.

You can see the same philosophy in other Tata cars as well, there might be many drawbacks with the Indica but space is not one of them.
Old 11th June 2008, 12:11   #62
jp1
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by kingshan View Post
Any idea when will this TATA Nano be launched? everyone is tight lipped about the exact date of launch, BHPians do you people have any idea on this?
As per Economic Times, booking starting in September and delivery starts in October. Here the link

Be in touch with dealers for Nano ride in October- Automobiles-Auto-News By Industry-News-The Economic Times
Old 11th June 2008, 13:20   #63
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by rahuldeodhar View Post
I am game for an electric nano - otherwise too I am game for it - except that in Mumbai the parking in my society would cost more than 3-5 Nanos!

I mean if you can afford a parking - you end up affording anything above a swift!

RD
Very well said! A parking in Mumbai costs somewhere upwards of Rs. 2-3 lakhs!
Old 11th June 2008, 13:23   #64
BHPian

First drive

The BBC got its hands on the Nano:

BBC NEWS | South Asia | Exclusive look at the Tata Nano
Old 11th June 2008, 15:10   #65
BHPian

i don't understand one thing here - why does everyone say you can't take a nano (base, non pepped up version) onto the highway, but you can take an 800??? so you'll be cruising a little slower in the nano than most cars. but it's not like the 800 is completely happy and comfortable being pushed to 100 either. it's not like the nano will just cough and sputter and throw up it's hands in the air! for that matter there are people taking air cooled 150cc/12 bhp bikes on the highway.
Old 11th June 2008, 15:22   #66
BHPian

Why so much fuss about highways. I see every day tractors, autorickshaws, three wheeler delivary vans and even bullock carts on the highways. You can find these vehicals on all highways including NH-1 and NH-8. If all these vehicals can travel on highways, why not the Nano.
Old 11th June 2008, 15:25   #67
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Car-Agey View Post
Why so much fuss about highways. I see every day tractors, autorickshaws, three wheeler delivary vans and even bullock carts on the highways. You can find these vehicals on all highways including NH-1 and NH-8. If all these vehicals can travel on highways, why not the Nano.
my point exactly - add to that list 100cc 7bhp econo-miser bikes.
Old 12th June 2008, 15:19   #68
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by mjothi View Post
I just saw in ET that the Nano will be launched around October to customer. Booking should start from mid-September.
Thats really a news for me mjothi, thanks for the update, heard that bookings have already been done, is it so it starts only from September? am really dumb

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks