Team-BHP > The Indian Car Scene
Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

Search this Thread
Old 15th May 2008, 20:58   #31
BHPian

On a side note, Autofin had set up a stall at my office premises yesterday. They had displayed only the Palio Multijet and an Indigo. What is to be noted is that the salesman said that there is a discount of 40K for all the Models of Palio. My friend who had gone to see the car told this to me. I asked if it was for the Multijet as well, and he said that the sales person said 40K discount across all Palio models! (While such discounts has been there on the Petrol version, I'm personally still skeptical about so much discount on the Multijet. In anycase, this is not first hand news, so please don't quote me on this)

Last edited by DriverR : 15th May 2008 at 21:16.
Old 15th May 2008, 21:30   #32
Distinguished - BHPian

One of the Tata dealers here was doing a demo of the MJD at one of the tech parks. Waiting period is supposed to be 6 weeks. When I asked him further, he said he will do it in 4 weeks. But wasnt very convincing.
Old 16th May 2008, 12:11   #33
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by condor View Post
One of the Tata dealers here was doing a demo of the MJD at one of the tech parks. Waiting period is supposed to be 6 weeks. When I asked him further, he said he will do it in 4 weeks. But wasnt very convincing.
It is not only waiting period is more for Swift VDi, dealers in Hyderabad asking 25 - 40K as premium (can we call this bribe?) to deliver the vehicle in next two weeks. One of my friends opted for Swift Vxi instead.

-BSR
Old 16th May 2008, 15:51   #34
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by rao_battula View Post
It is not only waiting period is more for Swift VDi, dealers in Hyderabad asking 25 - 40K as premium (can we call this bribe?) to deliver the vehicle in next two weeks.
thats downright ridiculous. Ask them to take a hike and alert FIAT.
Old 16th May 2008, 15:54   #35
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by SkyWalker View Post
thats downright ridiculous. Ask them to take a hike and alert FIAT.
It should be - alert MSIL!
Old 16th May 2008, 16:24   #36
BHPian

Same thing is happening in Delhi also.. I have sent MSIL an email.
Lets see what they can do about it.
Old 29th May 2008, 14:28   #37

I had booked a Fiat Palio MJD - Black SDX last month end. I have not received delivery of the vehicle yet. When i checked with the dealer (Prerna Motors - Sarjapur Road), he said that there has not been any delivery of a Black SDX in the month of May. He could not give me any confirmation on when i could get delivery of the car. He did ask me if i was interested in any other colour. I guess Black is not being produced in large numbers. This is quite disappointing. ... I was initially told that he car would be delivered by month end. Now it seems that i will have to wait much longer (not sure till when) ...
.... has anyone received delivery yet ... if yes, how is the car performing???

if Fiat wants to compete with Maruti (Swift) then they will need to accurately forecast demand and meet it with quick production and delivery. Else they will lose out to Swift. Not everyone will be as patient as me ....
Old 29th May 2008, 14:35   #38
Team-BHP Support

Hey kuriananoop
usage of ... between words is not accepted at team-bhp.
I suggest you clear your post.

There are threads written by new owners of the MJD. Even seen some pics.
Use search.
Old 30th May 2008, 00:04   #39
Team-BHP Support

Quote:
Originally Posted by kuriananoop View Post
if Fiat wants to compete with Maruti (Swift) then they will need to accurately forecast demand and meet it with quick production and delivery.
The target was around 800 Palios a month (combined), and sales was around 400- 450. So, it not the question of supply versus demand.

Any idea what is the profit margin of the dealers for the Palio Multijet and Indica diesel?
Old 30th May 2008, 10:07   #40
BHPian

Not sure why FIAT (or is it TATA who) isn’t capitalizing on MJD sales? Is TATA fearing a cannibalization of its DICOR? I feel, FIAT should also sell Petra and Adventure with the 1.3MJD heart – It will surely find takers (count me in for the Petra).

-FIAT are you reading?
Old 4th June 2008, 14:54   #41

FIAT seems to be catching up .There are no discounts on the MJD ,but good discounts on the other models .They sold 3300 cars in 2007 -a 94% increase from previous year (source-Autocar)
Old 4th June 2008, 23:28   #42
BANNED

I am one of them in the waiting list for the MJD and it will be 2 months the coming Friday
Old 5th June 2008, 07:23   #43
BHPian

I just cannot understand how the management at Fiat cannot learn from their mistakes.
Fiat has one of the best car line up under the Rs 10 L price bracket.

What were they doing all the months before launching the diesel option. Wake up FIAT

Hopefully they will price the Linea & Grande Punto right.
Old 5th June 2008, 12:37   #44
BHPian

When I read the subject, I thought this was a marketing ploy, some companies deliberately take more time to deliver a vehicle so as to make one feel that the cars are in demand.

Quote:
It is not only waiting period is more for Swift VDi, dealers in Hyderabad asking 25 - 40K as premium (can we call this bribe?) to deliver the vehicle in next two weeks. One of my friends opted for Swift Vxi instead.
I have heard of a similar thing with the yamaha rx series in the '90s.
Old 12th June 2008, 12:29   #45

Its a 42 day waiting period now and not so good experience till now

[COLOR=black]I had booked my Fiat Palio Black SDX in the end of April. I opted for a company lease. It seemed to save a lot on taxes. Maybe it’s just me but I seem to have a series of bad experiences with Fiat and Prerna Motors (Sarjapur Road). [/COLOR]

[COLOR=black]Exp 1 - After booking the car, I made repeated visits and calls to the Prerna Motors Showroom at Sarjapur Road, but they could not confirm the date of delivery. They had initially said that the car would be delivered in less than 20 days. Then I was told that Black was in demand and so delivery would take longer. They asked me if I wanted a Magnesium Grey instead. I refused. [/COLOR]

[COLOR=black]Exp2 - Finally I got a confirmation from the showroom (last week of May) that the car had been dispatched and that I would get delivery within 4 days. I called back in 4 days and to my surprise the Manager refused to accept that I was supposed to get delivery in 4 days. He said he did not know how his sales staff could say something like this. He also added that the particular sales exec had met with an accident and had left for his native town. He told me to wait longer. [/COLOR]

[COLOR=black]Exp 3 - Told me that the Car would be at his yard on Saturday 7th June. He said that I could have a look at it before registration on Monday. I called the showroom on Monday and was told that it was not available yet. I was told to come on Tuesday 10th. [/COLOR]

[COLOR=black]Exp 4 - Gave an extra day to the staff to get the work done and did not call in the day. Was also busy at work and did not have time to go to the showroom. Called on Tuesday evening 10th June and was told that the car was not ready yet. I was asked to call on Wednesday. [/COLOR]

[COLOR=black]Exp 5 - Called on Wednesday and was asked to come in the afternoon. Finally went to the showroom on Wednesday evening 11th June. Saw a Black Palio parked. I was really excited till my wife pointed out that it did not have a rear wiper. So guessed it was not my car (mine is an SDX). To my surprise the Manager there took me to the same car and said this was my car. I asked him, "What about the wiper" and he was surprised. He had a lengthy call with someone and then told me that the yard had made some mistake and that they had sent the wrong vehicle. He said that it was not his fault and that he has mentioned all the details like chassis number etc. My excitement had now turned into frustration. He apologized and said that the car would be available at 12:00 noon sharp on 12 June Thursday. [/COLOR]

[COLOR=black]Exp 6 - Today 12th June. I sent an SMS to the Manager and told him that I was coming over to see the car prior to inspection. I was just about to leave for the showroom when I got a call from the manager. He said that there had been another mistake and the PDI for my car had not been done at all. They would be doing the PDI today and I should come to the showroom at 5:30. Now my frustration gave way to resignation. I tried to teach him a thing or 2 about customer service but gave up since I realized I was wasting my time. [/COLOR]

[COLOR=black]Possible bad Experiences - Even if I get to see my car today I am expecting these possible bad experiences. [/COLOR]
[COLOR=black]A - They will inform me that the price has gone up by 11k and ask me to pay the difference. The manager was discussing the same in my presence yesterday. I think he was trying to make me aware without telling me directly. [/COLOR]
[COLOR=black]B - My wife is a TCS employee and she got a mail saying that there is a 4k discount on the Pailo MJD. The showroom will refuse to pass the discount to me since the car is in my name as user and is in a company lease (my company). [/COLOR]
[COLOR=black]C - They will refuse to give any freebies like mats, etc. [/COLOR]
[COLOR=black]D - And if my times are really bad, I won’t get to see the Car today at all. [/COLOR]

[COLOR=black]Sorry for the long post, but I wanted to make everyone aware of my plight (and I guess I am really bugged and did not know what else to do)! [/COLOR]

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks